Chapter 18

I walked besides Caleb as we walked down 3 blocks headed towards the grocery store. It was a sunny day outside, so I told him that we should walk instead of taking his motorcycle or car, it took a long tie convincing him. We were going to get food to get food for ourselves to go to the carnival later on. I told Caleb that I wasn't a really big fan of buying foods from the carnival cause I feel like they overly price it too much.

A thought suddenly hit me. "Uh, are you bringing a friend with you or is it just going to be us?"

Caleb is that type of popular guy to always have his friends around wherever he goes. I knew him even though I was living in his household for almost a month. I kept staring down at my feet hoping he'll answer me at some point. I hope he says no. Because I don't want to be a third wheeler.

"Nah." He brushes off.

We continued to walk in silence. I was afraid to return to class cause I think that I'd missed my next period class. Caleb dragged me during my GYM period to go with him to the grocery store that was not too far from the school. He told me that if we didn't go now then he wouldn't be taken me at all after school. I just wanted to go out cause I feel like I haven't known the streets Florida just yet.

When we reach to the grocery store Caleb took off his earbuds and started to choose out from the snack section. I started to choose the drinks. Soda? No. Juice? Maybe. Water? Absolutely! I grabbed the hem of the water bottles and proceed to the cash register when I saw Caleb putting down a whole sets of chips and sweet snacks. He looked down at me and frowned.

"Water? Out of every drink here." He shook his head.

I grimace. "Excuse me! But did you know that soda can cause weight gain and juice is not good for the body?"

"Excuse me! But did you know that I don't really care." He mocked.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Okay, you don't have to follow me. I'll choose another drink for you."

"Please-"

"Come on, my man, make your girl happy!" The ol' cash register guy join in tormenting us. "Listen to her, Caleb."

"His girl?" I said surprisingly.

Caleb handed him the money ignoring me. "How you doing Fitz?"

"You already know man!" He grabbed Caleb hand shaking it with enthusiasm. "Are you staying out of trouble? I haven't seen you in a while."

"I try too." Caleb tells him.

He hum to himself. "Maybe if you listen to her then she'll keep you out of trouble."

Caleb rolled his eyes at him and grabbed his change. "Later,"

I followed behind him as he exit out the chat. The cash register wink at me when I look back at him. Eww! What a creep.

Caleb was walking at a faster pace now. I tried my best to catch up with his speed but his legs were too long and he was too tall. I wondered why didn't he tell that guy that I wasn't his girlfriend. Not that it bothered me.

"Why didn't you tell him that we weren't together?" I asked.

I waited for an answer as I stared down at my feet again. No reply again. I look up at his face and he had his earbuds plugged in his ears. Was his music turn on that loud? Without repeating myself again I kept quiet for another two minutes till I felt him staring down at me.

"You said something to me?" He asked.

"No." I lied.

He unplugged his headphones. "Spill the beans, Lopez! You always turn red when you want to say something."