Chapter 2

Madison cleared her throat. "Caleb, honey, look I know you might not be happy but please just-"

He slammed the door behind.

"He hates me now!" Madison cried.

"Don't worry. He'll get over it," Dad encourages, comforting Madison from behind. She sighs and closes her eyes while Dad continues to caress. "At least I don't hate you, do I?"

"No, you don't." She turns around and before Madison could crash her mouth into my Dad they both knew that I was here. They quickly departed ways from each other. Their cheeks flush down with red. "Will you excuse us, Carly?" Madison lectured. "Make yourself at home! Good night, sugarplum." She grabs Dad's hands and went inside.

I grimace to myself when I even saw Dad spank Madison. This was starting to get very uncomfortable. I felt like I was third-wheeling all day.

I decide to join everyone inside the house. There was no one else downstairs. I decide to turn off all the lights, lock all the doors before climbing upstairs to my new room. Tomorrow I should hang out in the library room or find a good private school around the neighborhood.

When I open my door I accidentally dropped my phone when I saw him. I saw Caleb lying on my bed. He wore a T-shirt and boxer. His green eyes proceed to stare up at the ceiling like he was wishing on a twinkling star to come true. His mind was somewhere far away. I wonder what he was thinking about.

I know he heard me open the door but not once he lookup. I was so confused as to why he was in my bedroom this late even though his room next door but I guess he wanted to clear his mind from the engagement announcement. I understood exactly how it felt. He probably waited for me to come upstairs to talk about it since it could drive him crazy.

I closed the door without locking it and sat on the bouncy bean bag far away from him. He groans but he didn't look up yet. There was a moment of silence penetrated before I break it.

"Hey, you alright?" I whispered, my voice low. I didn't want to talk loud so my Dad could know a boy was in my room this late. He doesn't trust anyone around me. He would barge in the room anytime. "You walk out on everyone outside."

Quietness was fell between us. I waited to try harder. "I can just imagine how you feel! My father did the same to me earlier." I mentioned.

"Caleb."

"So, you knew about this?" He snaps.

My heart pounds repeatedly. I didn't want to flat out lie but I was on the verge of squirming my way out. He shouldn't be mad at me either way. I was just obeying Madison's rule. At the same time, I didn't wanna lie to him. He looks livid.

"I– um?" I began, blinking my eyes rapidly as I shield my chest. "Not necessarily."

He pushes his dark brown messy but messy-in-a-good-way hair back when sat up with proper posture on my bed. His long legs are slanted from how tall he was. His eyes were burning on me where I can tell he was pissed off about everything. "You don't sound too sure about that."

My mouth open but nothing good came out. I knew if I force the words to fall out from my teeth then I like stutter again. I already felt guilty keeping this a secret. Somehow I thought he knew everything before I did. I thought he knew that we were moving in today. One thing for sure is our parents are to blame. They dropped the bombshell the last minute.

"Look it doesn't even matter, okay?" He broke the silence. "We're not obligated to follow our parent's decision."

"Yeah, but knowing my father it would break his heart to see that I'm not supporting his happiness." I said. My father happiness meant the world to me. He always supported all my choices even if it was risky. That was the reason why I chose not to catch a flight back to Kentucky to live with uncle Craig.