Chapter 50

We're back on Carly's story. I know some of you still hate her but try to look on the bright side. She's just a teen and she's still learning about life.

So, don't forget to leave a vote, comment, and fan!

On with the story.

___

Carly

BACK TO SCHOOL on a Monday morning was monotonous. It was crazy how a few weeks have passed since the Halloween party and now Thanksgiving is right around the corner. It's still kind of rude how I didn't get to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood but with a mask on this year. I found myself dragging my sneakers on the school ground as I passed a couple of teenagers. It was raining outside and I wish my rain boots were on. That way I wouldn't screech on the floor with my sneakers whenever I walk so people wouldn't stare. Blame it on that wet puddle I accidentally stepped on. Ugh!

My legs were tired from peddling. I can feel my feet ready to give up. Dad bought a new bike that was founded in our old garage for storage. I heard it had originally belonged to Jeremiah but he hasn't used it two summers ago since he joined the military. Dad gifted the bike to me as a present so I can use it often. He thought I will become more responsible when I can give myself a ride to school instead of relying on my best friend every morning. Madison told me a secret that he is training for me to ride alone so I can get a brand new car! That is so awesome! But I'm going to miss riding in the mornings with Bella.

The morning announcements were recording through the loudspeaker. I put on my earbuds that played no instruments as I went straight for my locker. The town is small and its town square is minuscule. A little short clocktower, a little market every Monday, lines of rooftops against the sky. Weather like this was a time to cuddle under your blanket, watch a movie and eat snacks. When I arrived, there was a group of athletics hanging by my locker. Come on. Why. I exhaled, shuffling past them.

"Dang! She cute." The guy with spiky, multi-color hair, murmured.

"Careful! That is Caleb's little step-sister." One of the guys' whispers.

"Fuck!"

They stopped cracking jokes and quickly scotch off to class as if I was contagious to a virus. I was surprised when they left so fast. I felt offended. My best guess is he must've said something to his friends that made them afraid to even look my way. That was strange.

Entering the code, I yank my locker door open. As I reached for my mechanic pallet on the top shelf someone taps my shoulder. When I turn around my eyes met up with those familiar amber eyes. It was Samantha.

She was looking prettier today. I can't lie. She wore a low skirt, red long sleeve, beanie, chunky heels, and her short curls were parted in a pixie cut with clips. She applied some makeup such as eyeliner wings, lipstick, clear foundation, and concealer underneath facial areas. That raises my eyebrows when I saw her glam up. It must be her first day back at school so she wanted to make an impression. I was feeling insecure standing next to Samantha when she batted an eye. She was so gorgeous, I'm just average. It was still awkward between us but I haven't forgotten when she apologized to me at the beach. It was best to move on since I'm looking forward to excelling in my academics instead of boy problems. Now she's back! Samantha opened her mouth first and I complimented her by telling a story.