Chapter 23

My heart began to beat repeatedly when he stumble inside the room.

Did he hear me?

I froze action when I saw that he laugh historically when he was finally able to stand still in a spot. He had a bottle of broken glass of whiskey on his left hand and his other hand seem bruised.

Ignoring the fear whether he heard me or not I was curious if he was alright because he seems like he had gotten into a real bad fight tonight. "Caleb?" I call out. "Are you okay?"

"Lexi, baby." He groaned, sounding confuse, stepping towards me. "Why are you still up?"

Oh gosh! He think I'm Lexi.

His eyelids look heavy, his dark hair was messy and I can smell the weed from his body. It all made sense now. He was high and wasted.

"No... is me, Carly." I protested, standing up from bed.

He mugged in a smirk before walking towards me again nearly falling. "Carly? Oh Carly?"

"Yes."

"I— whoops!" He fell himself on the floor and howl in pain.

I automatically dart towards him and kneel myself against him. "Caleb... are you alright? Gosh, how much did you drink?" I ask trying to get him to stand up but he was too heavy. I needed to carry him to his room. This wasn't the first time he thought my room was his room.

He just laugh at my remark and put his head on my lap, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist tightly. I didn't know what to do. Should I move him?

It felt so good cause it felt like he wanted me to protect him from the world and wanted comfort. At least that was the message I was getting from his body language. Shortly afterwards I heard light snores coming from him. I slightly move his head a little to face his eyes that were shut. He was falling asleep. I was wasting time getting him to his room.

I brush off his arms off my waist causing him to pick up his head from my lap. "Alright Caleb. I really need to get you to your room so if you would just excuse me so that I can help—"

He cut me off by planting a wet kiss on my lip. I froze what the hell just happened. Oh my gosh! Did he kiss me?

Did he knew that he kiss me?

Don't be dumb Carly. You know that Caleb would never commit anything like that. Even if he has a girlfriend already... he probably thought you weren't Carly. Why would he want to do that to his sister? It's a mistake.

I felt dumbfounded when I heard him hum to himself singing a Taylor Swift song. I didn't know that he was a big fan of Taylor Swift because he got up and started to mimicked the words to her song Look What You Made Me Do.

It made me chuckle a little because even though he sounded horrible his voice was raspy and he did those funny actions.

It was all fun and games when I realize how if I didn't get him somewhere safe to sleep then he would do something else that would be dangerous because he's that drunk. After all I was still tired. I rubbed my eyes after waiting for him to stop singing a marathon of Taylor Swift. Once he calm down, I help him up to my bed. Even though he was heavy it was a lot easier because he wasn't laying down already. When he lay down on bed, I took off his shoes and his collar tie so that he can be comfortable when he wakes up in the morning. I grabbed a blanket from my Wardrobe and sprout it on Caleb's body.

Before leaving away from bed, I grabbed a pillow from bed before laying on the floor. I was really about to sleep on the floor while Caleb has my bed? What a night! This whole night was a hell of a ride. I had sexual dreams about Caleb, he walks it wasted and... kiss me?