Chapter 38

We were close together. I can feel his breath huffing on me. We both just stared at each other in silence. I waited for him to finish the sentence but he stared at me one last time before grabbing a water bottle from the fridge and went back downstairs to his room leaving me confused.

What the hell just happened?

Clueless, I strained down through questions that I wanted to be left answered which caused me to distance. Not long ago that Caleb was hurt when he found out about my feelings through my diary. It change somethings between us! He even switch his room because of me. Now he is basically telling me that I've been on his mind constantly?

No, no, no this wasn't making any sense to me!

He is so mysterious and confusing. The type of person who you meet that is very secretive, gets the chance to open up to you, makes you want to learn everything about em now.

I heated up some leftover spaghetti in the microwave so that I can bloat up my stomach to help me fall asleep faster for the next day. My stomach growled while I watch my meal spinning around and around in the microwave. When the buzzer went off finally I grabbed my plate to the dining room where I ate for a good five minutes.

The next day when my alarm tick on, it was easier for me to start my morning routine due to sleeping earlier last night. When it came down to selecting which clothes to wear between sweatpants with my favorite True Religion shirt or Puma outfit I selected the first option and decided to choose the second for tomorrow. I straighten my hair with a flat iron then I styled my hair in a neat bun with a bang. I was ready to go!

Grabbing my backpack with me and exiting out of my bedroom i headed straight downstairs to the kitchen. There was no foods or juice on the table which left me feeling eerie. Now that Madison isn't around to cook breakfast every morning leaving it on the table for us and Dad isn't there reading his old newspaper tormenting me once in a while left me to do the work. I look in the fridge trying to find what should I cook this morning but I didn't want to make a mess. I rather cook for dinner that way I can clean my mess than in the morning before school. That left me to grab a bowl with milk and pour Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Mm my favorite!

Good morning sunshine, was thinking about you just now :)

I read my phone notification. It was Ryan who had text me with a smiley face. I pick up my phone and started to text him back. Nothing but a casual lovely conversation. He was really sweet in the mornings cause sometimes he sends me texts like those.

Jeremiah entered in the dining room with a towel wrapped around his weight. His hair was soaked and so was his towel. I can tell that he just came out of the shower. "Good morning Jeremiah!"

"Good morning." He spoke lowly with his deep voice that was shaky a little. Jeremiah grabs the tissue box that was in front of me where I was eating and place it back after he only took two to rub his eyes. "I thought you left already."

"I'm about to." I munch on a spoonful of cereal that was already inside my mouth. "Where are you going out to early? You're usually sleeping during this time."

"They called me up for training." He replies.

"Oh... I thought you were going to do it back in Texas. I don't really know much about the military but yeah I know about the training."

Jeremiah shook his head. "Sometimes it happens but most of the time you can do it in another state. Like how I chose to do it around here Florida." He continues to explain to me the protocol of the missionary.

Guiding over US territory seems stressful cause many innocent people I heard of that join the military ends up coming out stressed cause there are stuff they're force to do that they never wanted to do in the first place. Such as killing.