Chapter 32

Disclaimer: Half of this chapter is a reference to Kissing Booth whether you watch that one detention scene or not— give the movie a try if you haven't— but it's reference to that. I was inspired by that scene and the movies are awesome! 🦋

Don't forget to leave a vote or comment.

On the wait for the dean to stop talking with Ethan was a long wait. I had an ice pack on my forehead from the nurse who treated me with due to the bruise that was now pasted on my forehead from the hit. We were both sitting inside the dean's small waiting room center waiting for him to appear for about eight minutes now. Caleb still hasn't said a butterfly word to me and I'm dying to wait for him to talk to me. I needed to know why he fought Ethan like that.

Especially when it came down to me. I knew that he hates whenever I'm around him because things were complicated between us. After we both argued this morning when he revealed that he wanted sometime away from me and now he is fighting a guy who sexually harassed me.

"Tell me why did you fight him?" I blurted out finally breaking the silence between us.

Caleb kept his eyes interlocked with his iPhone that he was holding onto. "You were in trouble."

"Yeah but I could have fought my own battle by myself!" I protested.

He grimaces while glancing at my skirt over his phone. "You know why did you even wear that to school today, huh? You really got the whole boys in school checking you out."

"I could be naked and they still don't have a right to touch me without my consent! Its disrespectful... its like saying that I can't feel comfortable in my own clothes expressing myself because of boys." I sharpen up my tone a bit because I was becoming devastated about what happened earlier. I can tell that Caleb was agreeing with me because he kept quiet on his phone. I thought about what else to say before the silence can barge in again. "I never thought you would actually get into a fight after what is happening between us."

He stopped texting whoever he was texting to look up at me with his face. He was surprisingly calm even though he had some scratches on his face that was right by his eyes. "I don't care what is happening between us, fruit loops. He has no right to ever touch you like that."

I said nothing.

"Ever!" He frowns. I can almost feel his temperature as we were both sitting next to each other in the room. He was hot.

"Its okay Caleb." I pleaded with my brown eyes. "Thank you."

I thought he would push away me when I started to caress my hands gently on his forehead, picking on the purple scratches but instead he stayed calm. He just bored his interesting colored eyes in my boring eyes who was focused on the scratches that were on his face. I pray that they turn into scabs, playing football is rough especially the tackling part.

He cupped his hands in mine before shooting me a smirk. Shortly afterwards the dean came back inside with Ethan following behind him. He had two ice packs, one on his forehead and the other one on this arm. I felt bad for him when I presume to look up at his face which was far worst compare to what me and Caleb has. Ethan has a lot of purple bruises, scratches on and patches on his face.

Ethan shared eye contact with me when he entered inside. The dean narrowed his eyes at me next once Ethan took a seat across from us. I knew that I was up next anyways cause he was already done talking to both of the boys.

"3 days detention for both of you gentlemen!" Dean firmly stated. "Starting on today."

They both said nothing.

The dean turned to me again, that was when I knew I had to stand up. "Your name is Carly right?"

I nod my head. "Is it my turn already?"