Chapter 49

I'm back again!

Can't believe it's been how many months? So, class is important. I can't update with failing grades so it was ghosting time. I try to put my mental health first to reload from scratch. There's a surprise! There are chapters unreleased. The story is going on a route where dark secrets will be exposed. The best thing about being an author is creating a new draft and completing it successfully.

Anyways, I missed you all so much! Even if we never met I know that you're loyal if you're waiting for the next update all the time. I love every single one of you no matter who you are. Even if I never respond back under the comments that don't mean I don't care. Sometimes I get shy when it's time to communicate about what going on. There's a lot in store that I don't wanna give everything away. I decide to keep the last chapter VIA the Fan Art.

Follow along with the new special chapters. They're broken up because of how long they would be together. It saves time from updates. Now that summer is finally goodbye remote learning.. for now. So, continue until you reach the end.     :P

On with the story!

___

Caleb

MY CREAMY ESPRESSO left a spice down my tongue. The sketchy nurse sitting on my left threw out my plastic cup after I was finish sipping. Her coworker curled a small smile when our eyes met. It was shortened when my green eyes proceed to read along the lines. Mondays seemed to pass by slower than usual. I closed the book to look up at the clock. 11:30. Tick. Tick. Tick.

I sucked my teeth and continue to read in my mind. Scrutinize of having to read the Harry Potter series for hours left a nostalgic feeling. Usually, I hate reading books. But since those nurses kept flirting with me in the waiting room I had no choice to play the role that I wanted to be left alone. It required more time for visualization and less human interaction.

For bedtime, mom used to read us to sleep during stormy nights after she opened the door for dad again. Cocaine bottles whiskered on the floor, plates divided in half, and cups were scattered on the wooden floor from their fight. If you weren't careful you would catch a splinter and bleed. That night left a bad impression to read books. I was too little to understand.

"Everything's okay, son! I love you two! Goodnight!" Mom kisses my forehead. She tucked us under the starlight blanket and turned off the switch. Jeremiah immediately snores like a pig and I rolled over to stuff a pillow in his mouth so I can sleep. All I and my older brother could do was stay silent. Time has changed a lot.

"Young man, you may come in now."

The doctor stood behind the door with a smirk. Eyed me as though his bullshit meter was ticking in the red zone. A secret only the blind can hear. I immediately closed the book and stood up from my chair. Everyone in the waiting room gazes at me leaving. After hours of chilling in the private area, waiting on procedures to be finished with Lexi's checkup, I sauntered right inside the doctor's office when he finally called for my presence. 

Thank God! Now, these hoes can leave me alone.

Entering inside, my thoughts erase when I inhaled. The room smells exactly like a nursery and baby powder. Furnished hospital storage was neatly constructed around, paintings were hooked on the magic mint barrier and a luxurious homestyle was presented that can make any patient feel welcomed. The doctor's office was wide, lengthy, and bright. A certificate verifying this doctor is a professional was displayed on the front desk along with his license.