Chapter 16: Brand New Eyes

(Tuesday's Pov)

I woke up to the annoying beeping sound of my alarm clock. I hit the off button and got out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and brush my teeth. Then I went into my room and got dress for school. Fall is ending soon and it's starting to get colder outside.

I decided to wear a dark purple long sleeve shirt and black jean. I throw on a jacket and slip on my black converse. I felt too lazy to do my hair so I comb it into a messy bun. I walked downstairs to get breakfast and I saw my dad at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"Hey dad" I said cheerfully. "Good morning Tuesday" he said while taking a sip of coffee. I smile at him and got a bowl of cereal with milk. "So how are you doing in school" he asks causally. "Uh good -ish! I think. I might go to the mall with Charlie after school" I said while eating a spoon full of cereal.

"Do you need any money?" he asked me. "Nah dad it's okay! I have money" I said reassuring him. "OK well have fun at the mall with Charlie. I gotta go before I'm late" he said and grabbing his car keys. "Bye dad" I said smiling.

He wave goodbye and left. I kinda felt guilty because I think I should have told my dad about my mother’s visit yesterday. But I think my dad has fewer problems to worry about, beside my mom. I finish eating my cereal and drove to school.

I went to my locker and got my books for my first period class when Charlie showed up at my locker. "Hi Charlie" I said cheerfully. "Hey Tues! What time do you want to go to the mall?" she asked me. "How about after school" I suggested. "Okay" she said and then we walk to class together.

~After school~

I went to my locker to put away my books. Then I walk into the parking lot to look for Charlie so we can go to the mall. I spotted her standing next to her Honda talking to Ash. “Ready to go Charlie?” I asked her cheerfully.

Charlie smiles at me and said "Yeah let's go." She kisses Ash good bye and then we drove to the mall in her Honda. "Let me guess..... you wanna go to wet seal" I said in a knowing voice. "Really! Am I getting that predictable!” she asked curiously.

I chuckled at her and said "sometime but most of the time, you're are random and crazy."  "So is that good or bad thing ?" she asked confused. "Duh it's bad thing" I said playfully. She scold at me and lightly hit my arm.

"Gosh I was kidding! It's good thing to be random, you stand out from everyone else and that's what makes you cool" I said genuinely. She smiles and said playfully "I know! I just like hearing people saying how awesome I am."

I roll my eyes at her and said "Whatever! Can we just go to wet seal." "Sure but first I wanna  go to the salon and get red highlights" she said grinning. I shake my head at her and said "Fine let's go." "You know... orange highlights would look pretty on you" she mention.

"Are you kidding me! I would look like a clown with orange hair" I said amused. "Trust me it would look good on you" she said honestly. "Nope! I'm not going down that road again. Remember last time" I said grimacing.

"Sorry about that! How was I supposed to know you had to keep the hair die in your hair for 20 min" she said innocently. "You read the directions" I said obviously. "Pff who reads the directions? There're so boring to read" she said complaining.

"That's the… you know what? Never mind, let’s just go to the hair salon" I said while rolling my eyes at her. When we got there Charlie and I were talking about random thing while the hairstylist was doing her hair. When Charlie's hair was finish she looked pretty.

She has black hair with red highlights and it was cascading over her shoulders.  "Hurry up! I'll be waiting for you outside” I told her. I was waiting for her to paid the hairstylist. Ugh I'm so board waiting for Charlie to come out of the salon.

But then out of nowhere, I heard somebody calling my name. I turn around and saw it was Darrel and Lola. "Hi guys! What are you doing here?" I asked them. "Nothing we just got bored and decided to go to the mall until I have to pick up my brother from soccer practice" Lola explain.

"Oh I was just shopping with my friend" I said casually. "So cupcake we never went on that date" Darrel said smirking. I looked at him confused and asked “did you just call me cupcake?" "Yep! It's my nick name for you babe" he said winking.

"That's the cheesiest nickname I ever heard of" I said laughing. "Gosh Darrel we've only been talking to Tues for one minute and you already manage to flirt with her” Lola said amused.  “Well what can I say! Tues has that effect on me just like I affect her” he said while putting his arm around my neck.

“The only effect you have on me Darrel is to run for the hills” I said smiling innocently. “Ooh you just got rejected” Lola said laughing. “I'm not worried. She’ll come around. Isn’t that right cupcake” he said smirking. “Maybe in your dreams” I said amused.

“Looking forward to it” he said grinning. "I'm done! We can go now" Charlie said coming out of the salon. She paused and looked at Lola and Darrel. "Charlie this is Lola and Darrel" I said introducing them. "Hey! Don't I have English with you ninth period" Lola asked curiously.

"Yeah I remember you. Don’t you sit next to Amy" Charlie asked her. While Charlie and Lola were talking about English class I was zone out until I heard Darrel whispers in my ear “pick you up at eight."

I decided to humor him and asked "how are you going to pick me up when you don't know where I live?" "Well I could follow you home" he said grinning. I raised one eyebrow at him and said "That would make you a stalker."

"You can call it whatever you want but I see it as getting to know where you live. So I can pick you up for our date" he said shrugging. "That's a really lame ass excuse for stalking me and I've never agreed to go on a date with you" I said amused.

Darrel was about to say something but then Lola interrupts him and said "Darrel we need to go and pick up my brother from soccer practice before we're late.” “Oh yeah I forgot! I guess....... I got distracted" he said winking at me.

"Okay I'll see you at school bye guys" Lola said walking away with Darrel. "So do you want to go to wet seal now" I ask Charlie when Darrel and Lola left. "No but I want the details about you and Darrel" she said excitedly. "Oh that! It's nothing" I said nonchalantly.

"No tell me! He seems to like you a lot" she said smirking. "No duh! he keeps flirting with me while you and Lola were talking" I said rolling my eyes. "You should go out with him! He seems nice" she said smiling. "Why would I go out with him Charlie" I ask her. "Why not" she replies.

"Were just friend. I don't think of him like that" I said shrugging. "Come on Tues! He likes you and he is good looking” She said persuading me. "Then you date him" I said smirking. “Nope! I have Ash” she said proudly. “Ugh can we stop talking about Darrel” I said a little annoyed.

"Oh I get it" she said nodding. "What" I asked confused. "You don't like Darrel because there is somebody else" she said grinning. I don't know why but my mind briefly thought about Milo. "Ha! there is someone else" Charlie said breaking my thought. "No there isn't" I said immediately.

"Yes there is! You took forever to answer me" she said smirking. Just because I thought about Milo doesn't mean I like him. I don't know why he popped into my head. Maybe it because we're married or something? I don’t know! "So tell me who is it" she ask eagerly.

"It nobody" I said denying it. “Fine” she said sighing. I was happy when she let the subject go. I don't like Darrel or Milo. Well I'm not sure about Milo. I do care about him but most of the times I just like to mess with him. But now that I think about it, things between us have been a little off.

There was that time when his sister told me during dinner that Milo like me. He acted jealous at the party but he could have been drunk. But then again, he was eager to know who Charlie was and he admitted he cares about me. But he could have been lying.

When we went to the carnival Milo stop being annoyed with me and we got along fine. Sometimes I get a warm tingly feeling in my stomach when we touch and there were also moments when we were about to kiss. When I put the pieces together I relies that I..... I like Milo.

***************************

I have midterms on Monday and I HATE studying :(    but i still have time to upload :)  Vote and comment