Chapter 50: Need You Now

(Tuesday's Pov)

It was the last day of school today but I skipped like all the other seniors because they were having a beach party by the shore.

The party was fun! I went swimming, had a couple of Jell-O shots, and said bye to all of my other friends.

But by twelve everyone left because we had graduation tomorrow morning. Only Milo, Charlie, Darrel, Oliver, Lola, Joey, Cole, Ash and I were left.

We were all gathered around in a circle by the campfire. I looked around and saw Lola and Joey cuddling in a blanket next to each other.

Ash and Charlie were bickering with each other as usual. Cole was laying down in Oliver's lap. Darrel was on the phone with his mom and Milo was getting the cooler.

I heard Milo walking down the creaky steps while carrying the heavy cooler.

"You need any help?" I offered.

He smiled and reply "Sure!"

I got up and grabbed one side of the cooler. Milo and I lifted it towards the campfire and handed out beers to everyone. When we were done, Darrel got off the phone and sat down joyfully next to me.

"What got you in such a good mood?" I asked amused.

"My mom got me an internship at destiny movie studios in Canada" he said happily.

"That's awesome Darrel" Milo said smiling.

"Yeah congrats" I said sincerely.

"Thanks! Hopefully this could be my first step to fame" he said wishfully.

"Pfft... Let's not get ahead of ourselves now" Cole said sarcastically.

Darrel shakes his head and said playfully "Shut up Cole!"

I laughed and said "I can't believe we're done with high school!"

"I know right? It seems like it was just yesterday when we use to get into trouble for cutting class to smoke behind the bleachers" Joey remembered.

Milo shakes his head at us and said "You guys are a bunch of bad teenagers."

"Says the person that got married while drunk" Ash said smirking.

Charlie slap the back of Ash's head and said "Don't say that it's mean".

"Ash just gave Milo a wicked burn" Oliver said chuckling.

"Lay of my husband" I said defensively.

"Ooh whatcha gonna do to me" Oliver taunted me.

"Let's not forget who save you from the bet you made with Darrel" I reminded him.

Oliver gulp as Cole inquired "What bet?"

"Oh it's nothing" Oliver reassured him.

Cole narrowed his eyes and demanded "No tell me!"

Oliver sighed and said "The bet was who ever team loses the volley ball game had to streak during the football game at school."

"Why would you even agree to that? Especially when you know Darrel plays dirty" Cole said obviously.

"I don't play dirty" Darrel said offended.

"Yes you do" Charlie butted in.

"When have I ever cheated?" he asked.

"Ooh remember the time we were playing pool with Lola and Joey" Charlie reminded him.

"I didn't cheat! I just got lucky" he defended himself.