Chapter 24: Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace

~two weeks later~

Everything has been going great for the past weeks. I had been hanging out with Lola, Darrel, Oliver, Cole, and even Milo. Also today is my last day of detention from the food fight. The only thing I haven't been so lucky with, is figuring out if Milo likes me.

I can usually tell when a guy likes me or not but with Milo it complicated. It’s weird because sometimes we would get along perfectly but other time it would be the opposite. Today was just like any ordinary day, I had to go to school.

I sigh and got out of my warm cozy bed and into the cold shower. I turn on the hot water and beginning to wash my hair with some shampoo then conditioner. When I finish showering I got dress. Then I comb my hair and put it into a pony tail.

I brush my teeth and headed downstairs for breakfast. I didn't see my dad in the kitchen. That's weird, usually he is already in here before me drinking coffee. My stomach growl at me and I decided to walk over to the fridge to look for something to eat. But I saw a sticky note on the fridge and it said:

 Good morning Tuesday,

Sorry I didn't get to tell you this in person but my boss called me last night for an important meeting. I have to attend to. I’ll be gone for four days at the most. I will be back soon.       Love, dad

PS. I made some blueberry pancakes for you before I left. It’s in the microwave enjoys them.

I crumple the note and throw it in the trash. Then I went to the microwave and got the pancakes. They smell yummy. My dad is a great cook but I can't cook to save my life. When I finish eating my pancakes, I went to school.

When I got there, I saw everyone by the oak tree. It was our spot we usually meet up in the morning. "Hi guys" I said. "Hi Tues" Lola said. "So what’s new" Darrel asked. "Well my dad is on a business trip for four days" I said sitting down. "Cool we should have a party" Joey said.

"No way the last party I had at my house. I had to clean so much trash and beer bottles. It was a big disgusting mess" I said. "OK fine, no party" Joey said disappointed. We continue to talk until the bell ring to go to class. When it was lunch time, I got a sandwich and a soda.

I walk back to the table and sit between Milo and Darrel. "Did you guys hear what happen to Jenny" Oliver said. "No what happen" Cole asked. "Well her boyfriend Harold broke up with her and she is crying in the bathroom" he said. "Aww that sad, why did they break up" Lola asked.

"I don't know. That’s the weird part” Oliver said. "That sucks, I feel bad for Jennie" Ash said. "Yep well Harold should have never went out with her. She totally rushes everything" Charlie said. "How was she rushing things with him" Milo asked.

"Well it’s kinda like you and your ex. You guys rush things too fast and she broke up with you" Darrel said. "What! That is not why we broke up" Milo said irritate. "Then why did you guys broke up" he asked. I nudge Darrel in the stomach, trying to get him to stop talking about Cree.

"Ow, that hurt" he said. He looked at Milo and saw the sad look on his face. "Oh, I guess it's too soon to talk about the ex" he said. I decided to change the topic so we can stop talking about Cree. Throughout the rest of lunch Milo was quite.

He didn’t say anything since Darrel talk about Cree and I am worried about him. When lunch was over, I got up and throw away my trash. Everyone left except for Milo. I walk over to him and asked "are you ok." He let out a sigh and said "not really."

I sit next to him and asked "what’s wrong." "Well it’s about Cree" he said. "What about Cree" I asked attentively. "Well I know she move on but I still love her" he said. I felt a crushed when he said that. How the hell is he still in love with a bitch.

"How are you still in love with her" I asked trying to keep the anger in my voice down. “I know it might sound crazy but I do" he said to me. "Yeah but she doesn't love you! Isn't that why you guys broke up" I said frustrated.

He flinches when I said 'she doesn't love you'. "Maybe she was just scared of commitment and deep down she loves me" he said. OK, this is getting really annoying. He has to relies that Cree doesn't like him anymore.

"But remember you told me, Cree was making out with that guy at the library" I said hopefully changing his mind. "I think she was just trying to get my attention, so I could get back with her" he said. It’s useless for me to get Milo to see that Cree doesn't love him.

He has stupid infatuated love for Cree. Well I should have seen this coming. I guess it was stupid of me to even think he has gotten over her. Or he might go out with me. I shouldn't have set my hope so high because in the end I got crushed.

The best thing to do now is to move on, something he can't seem to do. If he wants to still be hung up on a bitch, then be my guess but I’m going to move on. The only thing I have left to think about is, in my opinion she doesn't deserve him.

Milo is a sweet guy that got his heart crush by his first love and he basically can't get over her. And I ended up liking him but it doesn't matter because he can't move on. I’m not going to waste my time liking someone that is in love with some else.

I’m glad he told me this today because the soon he told me, the faster I can get over him. I took a deep breath to calm myself down before I speak to him. "Milo do you want to know what I think" I asked him.

"Yeah what" he said curiously. I really wanted to tell him how dumb it was to still be in love with that bitch and move the fuck on but instead I kept calm. I gently said to him "Milo if you really love Cree, you should talk to her and try to fix thing between you guys.

But if you are having doubt about her and don't think she is worth it then I think you should let her go.” I turn to look at him with a sad smile and got up to leave the cafeteria. I’m not going to lie, when I said that to him it hurt.

But I did mean what I said. If he thinks she is worth it then keep trying but if not let go of her. And I am not one of those bitchy people that would stoop low to get anything they want. It still crushed my feeling but it’s obvious that he still loves Cree.

So he should be happy with her. If he is happy, then that all that matter. Even if he doesn't like me. Of course I think that faster I move on the better. I guess the most Milo and I could be is friends and I will have to live with that. 

*****************************************************************

I know a lot of you guy probably hate me for writing Milo is still in love with Cree but it was an important part of the story and you will see why very soon :D    Also vote and comment bye!!!!!