Not Funny (Zuko)

(fem! reader. dual water and fire bender from .)

requested by: @AllisonTart

this is in ba sing se <3

enjoy my loves !

~~~
Your POV

"Come on this is getting boring. We're just sitting here." I whine, leaning on Zuko dramatically as Iroh chuckles. The half burnt faced boy just rolls his eyes, lightly pushing me off of him earning a pout from this beautiful self. "Go look around or something." Zuko tells me, i let out a huff, pushing myself up.

"fine." looking around on the ferry to see absolutely nothing fun to do. Ugh you would think that there would be like little kids playing something to do with themselves but instead they are cuddling with their parents which makes sense... You know what im gonna stop speaking to yall.

Going up to the railing, staring at the water that was gently moving along the ferry. The night sky was absolutely beautiful. Not noticing the stares around me. Well that was up until someone tapped me on my shoulder, startling me. "mmph sorry, didn't mean to startle you." a boy snickers, two people who were quietly standing behind him.

"you're fine, no worries." i smile brightly, my eyes almost closing. his face turns a light pink before he starts speaking up once again. "my name is jet, i couldn't help but notice you sitting here by yourself." he calls out.

"i'm {y/n}, and i was bored but it's so beautiful out. so it's okay." looking back towards the railing, watching fish jump out of the water, gracefully landing back in the water that was dimly lit by the candles on the ferry along with the moon.

"would you like some company?" he offers, tilting his head the two that were behind him already walked off without us even hearing them. "hm... sure why not?" both of us say on the floor, leaning against the railing as we talked.

Secondhand pov:

Zuko glared at the boy that was talking to Y/n, Iroh just smirked at his nephew already knowing the fire princes feelings. "if your so jealous my nephew, go over there." the older general crosses his arms, watching the redness form onto Zuko's ears. "i am not jealous." the boy grumbles, rolling his eyes. "of course not, that's why you're glaring at the boy talking to her." Iroh laughs as his nephew gets embarrassed. "i wasn't glaring." Zuko gets up and storms over to where you were.

"get up, i need to talk to you." zuko orders you causing your smile to grow as he showed up. "oh alright, i'll be right back jet!" you stand up, walking with zuko to a more private area away from ear shot. "did you need some help with something?" Y/n gently asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. "don't talk to that boy. you don't know where he is from." he orders completely catching you off guard making you laugh a bit thinking he was joking but after noticing he wasn't even smiling you quickly shut up.

"oh you're serious... may i ask why?" you lean against the wall, staring at the boy who wouldn't even give you eye contact. "because i said." he answers.

"and i have to listen to your orders... why?" "why do you have to ask so many questions!?" zuko grips his own head dramatically. "i just want to know... he is a nice guy you could join us?" you offer with a small grin and he just looks away mumbling under his breath, you could barely even tell he was saying something.

"huh?" scrunching your nose in confusion. "just don't talk to him." he snarls but you take a deep breath. "zuko are you jealous?" his face turns almost as red as his burn. "why would i be jealous!?" he snaps.

"i don't know but you're acting like it." crossing your arms a bit irritated with your best friend, you just wanted to know why he was acting like this, you care a lot for him. "what is this boy to you anyway? why are you taking his side?" Zuko interrogates you. "he's a new friend! and there shouldn't be any picking sides zuko, you're always welcome to join our talk. now i'm heading back and if you want to join you may." you storm off after patting his arm.

He watches you stomp away, he kicks the arm and groans wanting to know why he felt like this.

"everything okay?" Jet asks once you sit back down, noticing the frown that you had. you quickly replaced it with a smile shrugging away the sadness. "everything is perfect! now what were we talking about?" you grin, it was so obvious to everyone but jet that it was a fake grin upon your lips.

Zuko stares at you sadly, wishing he could express the exact way of how he felt in that moment. hating the fact that you were sitting with this boy and talking to him being super oblivious to his flirting.

you felt him staring but thought nothing of it probably just thinking he was being over protective as always.

that was until Jet caught your attention once again with another flirty comment. "your lips look very kissable." he smirks but you just tense up. "oh uh thanks... i guess." your arms hold each other, that kind of just made you uncomfortable now that you're realizing those were all flirty comments that he had been making.

he puts a hand on your shoulder feeling how tense you were but not exactly caring. Jet was leaning in as you tried to back up but you were against a pillar. Zuko's face scrunches in disgust and rushes over to you, pulling the brunette off of you and lifting you up. "Y/n, let's go to my Uncle. Now." he orders, gripping your wrist and walking away. "ko-ko, you're hurting me." you hiss in pain causing him to slightly let go. "sorry just stay by me for the rest of the time." he snarls under his breath.

you nod but then think to yourself on why he was acting like this but that was until a huge light bulb lit up above your head and a huge smirk plants across your face. "you were jealous." you state and he just gives you a weird look, you start laughing. "stop laughing."

"i wasn't jealous you idiot." he lets go of your wrist completely.

"mhm... right." you snicker.

"stop laughing  nothing is funny and i wasn't jealous." he points at you aggressively. "just admit it." you cross your arms like a brat.

he takes a deep breath before stepping closer to you almost scaring you but you knew he would never hurt you.

he grabbed your hips forcing you to be against him and he pulls you into a kiss. "MMPH!" you moan slightly not expecting the sudden movement but ofcourse melting into it, holding his back slightly.

he pulls away with a small smile. "you were definitely jealous." you laugh and he groans. "it's not funny!"