Surprises (Sokka)

(Northern Waterbender! You are Sokkas girlfriend)

Requested by: @polli2123

You left your tribe when you were 10, being an orphan meant nobody really cared for you so you left. Staying at basically any place really. Traveling with your Mongoose Dragon named Thillie. Meeting Sokka and the GAang at lovers cave.

:)

~~~
Your POV

Sokka has been very jittery lately, been going places all the time. The war had ended a few months back and ever since then he's been acting strange. I would say he found another lady but I can't think so low of my boyfriend like that.

Everytime he looks at me he gets flustered like he wants to tell me something but he can't and it's really causing me to worry.

What is going on in his head. Maybe I should ask Katara. I mean she is his sister she out of all people would probably know.

I'm right outside her tent, taking a deep breath before speaking. "Katara, you in there?" Stupid question I just watched her walk in there.

"Yup, come on in." She yells back and I immediately walk into the tent.

"You alright?" Was her first question. How did she know I was in distress? Oh probably because of the bags under my eyes from exhaustion.

"Uhm not really." She pats the spot in front of her so I sit down. "What's wrong?"

"Your brother." I take a deep breath, not knowing what to do at this point. "What happened? Did you say~ never mind did he do something?" She was talking really fast, does she know something?

"He's been weird ever since the war ended. Very jittery and just barely talks to me anymore and when he does he's short with me or makes out with me so he doesn't have to talk." I fidget with my hands, playin  with my sleeves a bit.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe you should ask him, but Aang is about to come so you should go." She helps me up before pushing me out of the tent all of a sudden like she's in a hurry. What is happening right now...

Bumping right into the man I was talking about.

"Hey, babe!" He gives me a hug but I push him back. "Don't hey babe me." I growl, walking away from him.

"Woah, what's wrong?" He follows behind me as I glare at the ground not wanting to look at his... cute... face.

"You've been acting so weird lately, Sokka! It's making me think there's someone you're seeing? Are you seeing another girl?" I ask and his face goes pale and he shakes his head furiously. "No! No!" "So it's a boy? Is it Zuko!? Oh great my first serious boyfrien-" he puts a finger over my lips to shut me up.

"No, just come to dinner with me tonight and I'll tell you. I promise." He kisses my forehead before running off leaving me confused.

~~
Two hours later.

Aang ended up telling me what time to go. I got dressed in a more fancy Southern water tribe outfit. Something Katara lended me awhile back.

I was walking to a fancier looking igloo that had a butler looking Aang there who let me in. What the hell is going on right now?

"Sokka? What is all this?" I look around, there were rose petals on the ground.. how did he get rose petals- Nevermind whatever.

"Just a lovely dinner for my lovely girlfriend and....." he mumbles the rest and I can't hear it.

(And soon to be fiancé hopefully.)

"Huh?" "What? Nothing." He smiles at me as I still looked confused.

Katara walks in and puts food on the table before walking out, giggling.

We start to eat and I see Sokka glancing around me abunch of times.

"Hey dork, what is going on right now?" I wave my hand just trying to get some answers.

If this is a way to break up with me it's kind of a jerk move.

"Right uhm... let me." He feels around for something before his face again goes pale. "Aheh just one tiny second please." He turns and yells for Aang who runs in.

"Yes, sir?" "The thing, I don't have it." My eye brow raises, what thing?

"Oh it's in my pocket, here." Aang whispers going behind Sokka with a smile handing him something so I can't see it before running out.

"Anyways... {Y/N}... my love, my baby girl, my partner in crime, my sweet cheeks, my-" "I get it Sokka." He coughs in reply, moving on.

"{Y/N} you have truly made me so happy, and loved. I could've never asked for a better girlfriend who doesn't judge me for my weirdness or my imperfections, you love me for me and that's all I could've ever asked for so that being said..." he brings out a betrothal necklace from the southern water tribe, making my eyes widen and my whole body freeze in shock as I gasp loudly. "Will you be my wife?" He asks and my hands cover my face as tears fall.

"I don't know if that's a yes or a no.." he taps his foot awkwardly causing me to laugh and jump up to hug him. "Of course it's a yes you goof!" He chuckles and hugs me back tightly, still shaking making me want to hold him forever since he probably thought I was saying no.

"Oh I love you, Sokka." I sob into his shoulder as I start to feel tears on my head as well.

"I love you too, I want to spend my life with you." His voice cracks, I pull away and look up at him, grabbing his face and making him lean down to kiss me, not realizing that he had already somehow got the necklace on me.