Reassurance (Toph)

(Non-Bender. Used to be the best Kyoshi Warrior.)

You and Toph are dating!

:)

~~~~
Your POV

Today was a very tough day and I felt like I've been nothing to help. Feeling like I'm useless. We've been practicing for the Sozins Comet and everyone was working so hard and then there was me... basically dodging everything it even attacking one thing and it was because I couldn't hurt Toph.

She's my girlfriend, I couldn't do something that could hurt her.

Speaking of, she walks up to me giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Really hope this is {Y/N} or I just kissed someone else and that's really awkward." She speaks causing me to laugh making her grin.

"It's you, but you're acting pretty weird. What's wrong?" She sits next to me, placing her legs over mine.

"Nothing, I'm fine." Letting out a small huff, as I lean on my girlfriend. "As much as I want to believe that I can feel that you're lying." She moves her hand up and grabs my face, making it face hers.

"I know I can't see you but you can see me. Tell me, what is wrong." Aggressive but it's adorable that she cares.

"It's just I feel like I'm not going to help during the fight. I'm just gonna be standing off in the sidelines and practically watch you guys get hurt." I say all in one breath, her grip loosened on my face, her facial expression became very saddened.

"But you're our best fighter. I know you got this." She tells me more softly then her last words, pulling me into her arms, my head laid on her chest.

"I don't feel like it." My eyes start to tear up.

"Sokka has his sword and is amazing with it, Suki has been training more often and is still a Kyoshi Warrior as I was a Kyoshi Warrior until I hurt my knee badly and now I'm just a regular girl, Toph I do nothing." I sob, my words coming out in huffs and all cracked/wavy.

I feel stupid.

"{Y/n} knock this out. You are a fighter and an amazing one, your vibrations are always the strongest when we fight. That says something. Please just believe in yourself. We believe in you." Toph cradles me like a baby, it was weird having her like this because usually if I compliment her or anything she throws rocks at me or punches me in the arm as she blushes.

"Thank you Toph... I'll start my training tomorrow." Taking in a deep breath as I relax into her arms.

"Good now don't expect me to be that nice again." She grumbles, still holding me though.

"Wouldn't count on it for the world." I chuckle to myself as I close my eyes humming as I let out a calm breath.