Sign Language (Sokka)

(Deaf Fire Bender!)

Requested by: @blue_albarn

:)

~~
Your POV

Recently has been a bit strange, helping the Avatar, he some how knows Sign language and could talk with me. He wants me to meet his friends which is not something I'm used to.

They are gonna judge me for not being able to hear and his friend that's blind I won't be able to talk with her because I can't really talk myself.

I mean I can it's just a lot harder for me sense I can't hear myself.

Aang looks back at me, giving me a big grin. He was adorable. Like a little puppy. Appa ends up landing at a little area in the forest, three people run up to Aang giving him a hug. I somehow climb down, I end up tripping and falling on my face.

Oh great first impression {Y/N}.

A boy helps me up and when I feel his hand I can feel the vibrations of him talking. With the vibrations I can make out a few words which is pretty weird it's never happened before.

I made out the words 'you... okay... you... pretty.'

I look over to Aang to have him help me out. He turns to the boy and I'm guessing he tells him that I'm deaf and can't hear what he was even saying.

His face turns a bright pink.

Aang turns back to me and signs

:he called you pretty:

Oh how sweet!

:tell him I said thank you:

I sign back to him and he nods, I watch his lips move, making out some of the words causing me to smile.

My lip reading is getting better as well!

~~~

Katara and my talk through our water and fire, making the words with them.

Toph and I kind of doing the same thing. She makes vibrations in the ground for me to feel so I can kind of understand what she's saying. And I just talk to her the best I can.

Sokka is having a bit of trouble and sense he talks so fast I can't really understand what he's saying.

Aang helps him with it sometimes or I grab his hand and do the vibration thing again. But it's still a bit of trouble for me. But I work with it the best I can.

~~~
Sokkas POV

sigh... {Y/N} is so pretty. I wish I could just tell her. I've been learning sign language by Aang I almost got it down. Katara got her own thing while I'm like the only one struggling Even Toph can talk to the beauty we call {Y/n}.

But once I get this sign language thing down I am going to ask {Y/n} out. Or somehow I'm gonna do something. I already asked her out before but she didn't understand me. Oh I was so stupid!

There she is walking by me, not even knowing how much I like her.

Aang snaps at me before smacking me upside the head.

"Are you even paying attention!" He asks angrily and I look down.

"Sorry." I mumble and he sighs. "I think we should take a break-" "No! No! I need to get this down by tonight, Aang." I throw my hands up dramatically. This is serious and I need to take it more seriously.

"Okay fine but pay ATTENTION!" He yells at me making me cringe, my body slumping as I listen to him, copying his hand movements.

~~
The next day.
Third Person.

You were sitting on a log that was cut down, reading a book you brought from home. It brought you some kind of love and happiness.

Not noticing Sokka right in front of you he waves his hand in your face, scaring you causing you to drop your book.

He signs something

:hey, I have a question:

Your eyes widen and grin erupts your face making his face turn red from how cute you looked.

:you learned sign language!?  For me?:

It was a bit selfish of a question but you were hopeful that it was because of you that he wanted to learn, you started liking him but thought since he couldn't understand you it would never happen.

:yeah I did. And my question is something that will change everything :

You stare at him blankly, moving your hand to tell him to go on.

:I like you. And I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me?:

You bite your lip, placing the book down as you jump on him, knocking you both down as you hug him. Hearing the vibrations of his laughter.

You sit up on top of him and sign back to him.

:I would love to!:

Pulling him into another hug, he kisses your head making you feel loved and cared for.