Family (Zuko)

(You are Aang's older sister so you are also an Airbender. Zuko's fiancé!)

Requested by: @blue_albarn

This will be 1 year after the war. Zuko is now the Firelord!

:)

~~~
Your POV

"Oh god what do I do Katara!?" I rasp out, sobbing into my hands. The brunette rubs my back sadly. "He just became the Firelord a year ago and I just put another thing on him I can't do that." Tears striding down my cheeks, placing my hand down on my stomach

"I'm sure he won't think like that, {Y/N} but if he does, you have me and your brother, Aang." They are so young that couldn't help with this. Tara is 16 and Aang is 14 going on 15. This wouldn't be right to put on them. Zuko and I are only 18...

Oh gosh I'm gonna be sick again.

"Just tell him, you guys will figure it out. He's in love with you. He wouldn't give you up for the world." Katara bends down to look me in the eyes, I chuckle and nod.

"You're right. Let me go talk with him." Giving her a big hug. We've been through a lot together. It's been a crazy time these last two years but we got this.

"Oh and I'll come over in a few days to tell Aang. If this goes bad then I might come around before then." Joking a bit but half of it is not a joke. If this does end horribly I will have to leave because I'm not getting rid of my baby.

Katara, Aang, and Sokka came to visit. Toph has been busy with other things she said but she will try to make it next time. But they are leaving today and that's my last thing said to Katara oh jeez...

"Love, you alright." I walk up to my fiancé, hugging him from behind, trying to swallow down my anxiety that's all bottled up.

"Yeah just a little stressed out but seeing your face calms me a bit." He turns around and leans down a bit to kiss me.

He's grown out his hair kind of like his Uncle's... it's beautiful. "You okay, you seem a bit tense." He pulls away, holding my arms gently only for me to close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"I have some news." Biting my lip nervously as he stares at me, obviously worried.

"Go on, need to sit down?" He goes to get another chair but I stop him. "You might be the one who needs to sit down." Gesturing you the chair and for him to sit, he listens.

"What's wrong, my Princess." Oh gosh not the nicknames it just makes it harder for me to tell you what's on my mind!

Oh spirits just spit it out {Y/N}!

"I'm pregnant!" I blurt out, closing my eyes again but this time cringing at what his reaction will be. I don't want to see it.

But when I open them his eyes and mouth are wide open, it's like he's frozen.

"Zuko..?" You go to touch him but he shakes out of it and moves my hand away. "I need a minute to think." He kisses my forehead and walks away leaving me in absolute dread.

Not what I was expected... Momo flies over to me, landing on my shoulder. Yeah... I ended up getting Momo and of course Aang got his best friend, Appa.

"Hey little guy." He purrs back at me, knowing something was wrong.

I touch my tiny bump that will soon be my son or daughter. Oh spirits this is going to be so hard if I do this on my own. I'm scared and just want to be held by my lover who ran off to think. Leaving me to my own horrid thoughts.

~~~

5 hours later.
It was basically the time they go to bed.
.Third Person.

"{Y/N}..." Zuko walks up to his partner, crying. Something she wasn't expecting. Immediately sitting up from the bed, placing her book down.

"Yes, my FireLord?" She messes only trying to cheer him up a bit earning a small smile but turns back into a frown as he sits in front of her.

Grabbing her hands.

"I don't think I can be a father." Zuko sniffles, his voice was cracking as he spoke.

"What? Why do you say that?" Your whole face looked paler than usual, trying to understand what your lover was saying.

"I can't end up like my dad, {Y/N}. I don't want to be like him and I'm scared once I have a kid I'll be just like him." He cries and you grab his shoulders roughly and forcing him to look at you.

"Hey. Don't say that Zuko. You are nothing like your father. You will never be like him because you wanna know something my love?" You stare at him, he nods basically telling you to go on, he was crying to hard it hurt to talk.

"You helped stop a war. You are good. You changed for the better. I promise you... you will be the best father out there. We got this." There were no pity in your words, only love and care. Building up his confidence with the truth. You need him but not only you, your child needs him there.

"You really think so?" He wipes his tears, causing you to smile softly.

"I know so. We got this, together we are stronger. I believe in you like no one else could." Freckle Kissing his cheek before he moves his face to kiss your lips making you both chuckle, kissing each other passionately.

He pulls away and places a hand on your tummy. "Our baby is in there." He smiles up at you as you grin ear to ear, nodding.

"We have to tell everyone in the world that we're having a baby." He whispers making you laugh, ruffling his hair as he talks to your tummy. Every now and then he kisses your stomach as you just watch in awe.

He will be the best dad and you will have the best family there is.