Mute (Zuko)

(Waterbender! You are a mute, and you are also with the GAang but you never met Zuko like everyone else)

Requested by: @Polli2123

This was fun to write but I didn't really know how to make it seem good I guess. I'm sorry!

:)

~~~
Your POV

Getting away from the Group was a good idea. They're not bad but they nip at each other so much. I wonder if joining them was even a good idea sometimes. Katara has some jealousy issues with Aang and has issues in general with Toph.

Sokka is pretty cool though. He's more laid back I guess you could say. Anyways, I've heard people talk about this tea place with amazing tea. Personally I don't like tea but I passed by earlier and there was a cute guy.

Might just sit there to look at him. Since I'm what people call a mute. I chose not to talk. Ever since I was little, growing up with horrible parents. I just stopped talking after my brother passed away I couldn't handle it anymore so I just never did it anymore.

What ever let's just go. I walk into the little building, walking up to the counter. A nice looking old man with a big grin stands at the counter.

"Hello welcome to Pao Family Tea House. What can I get you?" He asks and I frown forgetting I can't even speak to him. I mean I can but for some reason I force myself not too...So I point to the Ginseng Tea. He tilts his head but sees what I was pointing at.

"Oh what an amazing choice the Ginseng tea is one of my favorites." I smile back at him with a small nod.

"Lee! Show this lovely lady to her seat please." The man shouts, the younger boy I was talking about to myself before comes over and shows me to a small table.

"Here you are." He bows and I do the 'thank you' sign in sign language. He probably doesn't even know what it means but oh well worth a try.

He walks away and the older man comes over with a steaming cup and plate, placing it down in front of me. I do the same thank you sign to him and he actually signs back with your welcome.

It was honestly surprising because no one knows it. "You're mute?" He asks and I nod, looking down at the cup. "Well, have you met anybody around here yet to take you out to dinner? You don't look like you're from here." He asks me only to get a weird look from me in return. But I shake my head, no one has.

"Oh! Well, my nephew here will! Come around here at 7. He will take you to a nice dinner." The man says making me laugh, but nod. Saying I'd like that basically.

He runs off yelling at his nephew, I'm guessing who is named Lee. I think that's what the man said earlier.

I take the last few sips from my tea, giving the dirty dishes to the nice man before bowing as a thank you then leaving.

I go back to the group, still giddy from earlier. But I'm guessing nobody heard me since they were talking about... me?

"I just wish she could talk." Katara crosses her arms making me frown, I do to, jerk. "We don't know why she can't thou~" Aang starts but is cut off by Toph. "It would just make it a lot more Easier for us well personally ME! I can't see sign language Ahem." She waves in front of her face.

Sokka shakes his head. "I think she's cool." I'm glad the boys still have my back.

"She is! She's a great water bender. Heard she was the first to master blood bending without the moon being full. But it doesn't change the fact that she can chose to talk but she doesn't!" Katara throws her arms up and I open my mouth to say some thing and for once something finally comes out.

"Wow." It was very raspy, it kind of tickled it was weird talking for the first time in 5 years.

They all jerk their heads to me. Well Toph faces the wrong way. "Wait... I didn't-"

"You aren't the only person who goes through things, Katara. I lost things too and In the time it was my voice." I cut her off in anger, without realizing I was blood bending her, making her fall to the ground.

"I'm sorry." I bite my lip before running outside, wonder if the dinner could be earlier. I'm so not talking for an hour that hurt. How do people do it. How did I do it when I was younger?

Running back into the tea house, and seeing the nice man staring at me with wide eyes.

"You alright, miss?" The Lee boy asks, placing a hand on my shoulder as I catch my breath. The elderly man gives him a look trying to make him remember something. Probably that I'm a mute or well was but he doesn't know that yet.

"Uh... that dinner. Could it happen. Now?" I rasp out, holding my sides, the man gives me a weird look and I wave him off. "Friends got me to speak." I chuckle and he laughs heartily, patting my back before walking away.

So much was happening in two hours for me.

"The dinner can happen now but we aren't dressed~" "don't worry about that. Let's just eat." I laugh, grabbing his hand and walking out of the building. As we do that he unties his apron and throws it on a table.

"Wait, what's your name?" He looks at me and I look up completely forgetting how to talk again. He's a lot hotter closer. His scar for some reason just adds spice.

"Uh oh right. It's {Y/N}." I rub the back of my neck. It's so weird talking again but oh gosh it's so good to finally express my feelings with words.

"It's a beautiful name. Here's a good place to eat." He opens the door for me, letting me walk in first. Then him behind me.

We walk to the table and a waiter gets our order.

~~
A few hours later.

"It was a nice time with you." I nudge him and he smiles down at me. The first real smile I've seen tonight. Maybe this really did go well or he's excited that it's over.

"Same to you. I hope we could do this again sometime." He tells me and I nod, pulling him into a hug.

We pull away and stare at each other, it was comforting. It was like it was just the two of us. No one could stop this moment.

I notice that he's starting to move closer and my eyes widen as he places his lips on mine. Is this really happening!?

Holy shit...

I miss him back, closing my eyes. I feel his body melt, it was less tense now.

Both of us pull away for air, I grin ear to ear. "I should uhm go to my friends. They're probably worried about me." I awkwardly chuckle backing away, accidentally bumping into a box, tripping but I catch myself.

"See you, come by tomorrow!" He tells after me as I turn around and smile to myself, doing a little dance.

Not even seeing him do the same thing as he walks into the Tea House.