Apart (ZUKO)

A Zuko x female! Reader.
Instead of Y/n I use [Name].
She is a firebender.
I hope you guys enjoy!!!
[Fluff]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day that Zuko got hurt by his own father. Being forced into an Agni Kai over a small disagreement I frantically went to find General Iroh. A sweet older man that was somehow brothers with the ruthless Firelord. Instead of finding him I found Azula. Zuko's mean younger sister who despises me but acts as if she loves me around her brother.

My parents used to be close with their mom before she disappeared one day. My father was/is friends with the Firelord. Being just as ruthless as him when it comes to certain things. I think that's why they get along so well.

"Oh, [Name] I'm guessing you're here to see your precious Zuko?" Azula speaks with a smirk upon her face. I freeze. "Where is he?" I questioned. "Getting looked at by doctors or something." She shrugs, glancing down at her nails.

Knowing I was going to get nothing from her I walked past her with a small huff. Not saying anything either. I don't need an argument right now. I just want to make sure my best friend is okay. I ran to his bedroom.

Probably the place I should've checked first.

I notice General Iroh outside of the room with Ozai. I hid behind a pillar as I listened to them talk. "You cannot do this to your own son." Iroh tells his brother who stood straight. No remorse in his eyes.

"I cannot?" Ozai tilts his head. I raise a brow, confused on what this is about. "He has spoken against the Firelord's orders. As I remember, actions have consequences. He is to be banished to find the Avatar." I hear him sternly say and my jaw drops.

There's no possible way that he's doing this! The Avatar has been missing for 97 years! There's no way Zuko will find a man who has obviously not been found in nearly a century.

I didn't hear the rest of the conversation as my thoughts went crazy inside my mind. I grip onto the pillar tight. My best friend can't leave me, we were supposed to grow up together. What if he never finds the Avatar..?

You know what? No, it's Zuko. He will find the Avatar. I have faith that he will prevail.

And that day I never did get to see my best friend. The bedroom being guarded as he was a prisoner and not a prince of the Fire Nation.

That night I went to the Firelord Ozai as the news of his son's banishment went around the palace. "Firelord," I get down to one knee, bowing my head. My father stood beside him. Of course he is. This will only make it harder.
"Ah, [Name], daughter of my closest friend. What can I do for you?" He smiles down at me in a sickening way. Making my stomach churn. "Um," I pause, now standing back up.

"I have heard the news of your- Prince Zuko's banishment. You're trying to get guards to go with him. I know I'm still in training with my fire bending but I would like to join him on his voyage to find the Avatar." I ask, pulling my shoulders back and my nose slightly in the air as I make sure my voice is loud enough. I noticed my dad jolted to say something but stopped himself.

Ozai noticed it as well and he looked up at my dad from his throne. "Hmm," He looks back at me. "Desi, what do you think? She is your daughter." He doesn't look away from me, his eyes piercing into mine.

"She hasn't finished her training. So she would not be reliable to protect your son if need be. I don't think you'd want a weak soldier on the ship to do that job." My father's eyes don't even glance my way. My eyes fill with tears as he goes against what I want.

"Those are great points you make, Desi. [Name], once you finish your training we will have this conversation again. As for now you are dismissed." He tells me, the doors behind me opening quite loudly.