Lovely One(TOPH)

Reader is Non-binary!
They also are apart of the Northern water tribe!
Being a water bender as well.

Enjoy!

••••
Third Person pov

Today was the day Toph was going to tell {Y/n} her feelings for them, she was a nervous wreck as Katara tried calling her nerves but it just didn't seem to work, Toph was thinking too much into it.

"What if they don't like me back! you know how awkward that's going to be Katara!?" Toph exclaims, throwing her head back dramatically, Katara just sigh in response. "{Y/n} likes you back, you can see it in their eyes, they're all for you!" She smiles, fixing the shorter girls hair as there was a little chunk of hair sticking up from her bun. "I actually can't see it in their eyes! Thanks for the reminder!" Toph glares at the air as Katara nervously chuckles.

"Sorry..." Rubbing the back of her neck, taking a step back to look at her friend. "Come on, they're still waiting for you." Katara tells, the ravenette lets out a long sigh before nodding, letting the girl take her wrist and drag her to where {Y/n} was waiting.

"Don't be nervous, you got this! I'm sure nothing will go wrong! Try not to be mean." Katara whispers before shoving Toph out to {Y/n} who caught her from falling.

"You alright?" They quiz, helping her stand up straight, the girl nods, her face turning a bright red from embarrassment. "I'm alright, get off me weirdo." Toph pushes their hand away as her face just kept getting warmer.

"You wanted to tell me something?" {Y/n} continues, ignoring what she said, calling them a weirdo. Katara from the back sighed in disappointment.

"Oh right... Uhm..." She started stuttering, them just sitting there patiently waiting with a calming smile upon their face as toph was sweating and tripping over her words.

"Toph! {Y/n}! There you two are! I need help with something!" Aang comes running in just as Toph was about to spill out her feelings, letting out a breath of relief for not having to say it, saving herself from the loss of her dignity. "Oh, can it wait, Toph needed to tell me something?" {Y/n} shyly grins as Toph face palms, thinking she would've gotten out of it and it could've waited another day.

"Well... I'm okay-" Toph pinched his arm from saying anymore. "It can wait! Let's help Aang first!" She nods, they stare back, thinking for a moment. "alright, if it's okay then let's go." {Y/n} walks with the two, Katara rolling her eyes, following along to try and help out too.

••

After helping Aang with what he needed {Y/n} walked up to Toph who was so into her head she didn't even feel in the ground that they were behind her. "Toph-" the girl screams out, accidentally hitting them in the face. "I'm so sorry!" She tries to grab onto them, they chuckle, holding their cheek that was hit. "It's alright, no worries." They pat her back, smiling. Toph sighs, letting her head fall to the ground.

"God I really suck at this." She whispered.

"Hm?" They raise an eyebrow but is waved off. "Nothing, don't worry about it weirdo." She pushes the air, then crossing her arms and pouting as she thought of how to put her feelings into words. "What did you want to tell me?" {Y/n} tilts their head, leaning into the shorter earth bender teasingly.

"Oh right!" Toph nervously chuckles.

"Why are you so nervous?" They jokingly ask not knowing that she was actually about to faint from her own nerves. "Ha! Funny thing actually..." rubbing her hands together.

"Toph! {Y/n}! Get over here! It's time to eat!" Sokka calls, getting hit upside the head by his sister. "Ow! What the heck was that for!?" He shouts, holding the spot Katara hit. "Being stupid." She growls, dragging him back to the fire pit.

{Y/n} just shrugs that off, turning the opposite way and going to sit down at a tree trunk. "I'm not hungry but you can just come back after you eat and say what you need to." They smile softly at the ground, Toph takes a sharp breath, walking over to them and joining them on the trunk.

"I like you, {Y/n}." She sighs out, laying her head on her hands, tensing up as she waits for a response.

A few minutes pass by as they tried to comprehend what was just said.

"We just gonna sit here in silence or are you gonna reject me already?" Toph snaps.

"I'm not gonna reject you, dummy." They push her shoulder. "I like you too but it just shocked me when you admitted your feelings." They giggled.

"Well you're only hearing it once so." She in forms.

"Right. Alright my girlfriend." They stand up, grabbing her hand and lifting her up. "Girlfriend!?" Toph whisper shouts causing them to laugh.

"Duh! We like each other, we're dating now." They squeeze her hand.

"Right!" She blushes, letting her now partner drag her to the fire to eat.