Lifetime Enemy (ZUKO)

Zuko x Female! Reader
Reader is Tophs older sister
Earth Bender.
This is a long one debated on making it two parts but it's fine. It's about 4200 words.

~~~~~~~~~

"[Name], could you help Zuko get the berries?" Aang asks me, I glance up at him questionably. He knows how I feel about the firebender.

Even if he's proven himself to the others there's something about him that I cannot get myself to like. The war has ended and the group does this all the time where they try to get us to help one another and maybe become friends.

Their hope is just a fantasy though. It will never happen as long as I live.

I can act civil enough when the others are around but when we're alone together it's as if he's purposely trying to set me off. He finds humor in me disliking- no, hating him.

"Please, everyone else is doing their part and you finished yours. Just to make this quicker, [Name]." He pleads with me. I can see the annoyance in his expression with having to ask so I make it less difficult for him and don't put up a fight.

"Okay, but you owe me." I point a finger in his face. A grin spreads on his lips and he nods his head.

"Of course!" He laughs, walking away to do his part in the town. I begrudgingly walk over to Zuko who already holds two baskets.

"I'm surprised you actually came." He smirks, handing me one of the baskets. I snatched it from his hand. "Yeah, well I'm not doing it for you, am I?" I tilt my head, squinting my eyes up at him. He shrugs his shoulders, walking towards the fruit stands.

I stand there quietly as I pick out the berries that Aang requested earlier. We're having a feast for everyone tonight. Even Suki will be there.

It's a celebration of the war officially being over. Katara was practically running the whole thing. Making sure everyone can be there, attempting to make everything perfect as can be. Toph was teasing her about it but helps when she can.

"That's not the right berry." Zuko points to the fruit that I was currently picking up.

"It's not for tonight." I answer him, putting it in a corner of my basket, separating it with a little piece of cloth. "Sure you're not just embarrassed that I called you out on it?" He asks, I glare up at him.

"Not everything is about you, dear Firelord." I do a little bow. Walking away from him to go to a different stand. "Where are you going?" He yells out behind me.

"Getting away from you." I boredly tell him.

I hear him sigh but I continue on my way.

Later in the day as we're finishing up the decorations along with setting up the food, Sokka comes up to me.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a moment?" He was fidgeting with his hands. I raise my eyebrow, confused on what he would want to talk to me about.

"Um, sure?" I dust my hands off, placing them on my hips as I give him my full attention. "So, tonight is important, you know that. Right?" He awkwardly says.

"Yeah, of course."

"Well, you know that Katara and Aang have been freaking out about tonight being perfect." He begins. I stand there quietly with a blank face. "I was sent over to you to ask you to please stay away from Zuko tonight. Don't say any comments to him. We asked him the same thing. Just please." His eyes were full of fear, most likely waiting on a horrible reaction. I just shrug my shoulders.

"Okay." I say, going back to finish what I was doing. He makes a weird noise and just stands there, not really walking away. I look over to him. "Was there something else?"