29) Kai and Kyungsoo (EXO) - Happy Birthday (Fluff, sweet)

"Okay, did we get everything?" Suho asked while he was out shopping with Sehun and Tao for Kai and Kyungsoo's birthday celebration.

"It looks like it," Tao said, peering into the cart. Suho nodded, a faint smile on his lips, and then the three males waltzed up to the cash register. Then, the cashier scanned all the items quickly and the final total price appeared on the screen.

"I still don't know why you manage to spend so much money on us," Sehun said in disbelief as he shook his head.

"Says the one who spent 1,700 won for Chanyeol's birthday last year," Suho retaliated, earning a glare from the maknae. "Kamsahamnida," Suho said to the cashier as he bowed. "Come on, let's get this stuff back to the dorm."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"We're back," Kyungsoo cooed as him and Kai walked through the door of the EXO dorm. The two had been out grocery shopping by the oreders of Suho, both totally oblivious to the actual reason they were sent away.

"We're in the kitchen," Suho said, trying hard to not let himself, or anyone else, spill the surprise.

"Here's the stuff you asked for," Kyungsoo said, setting the plastic bag on the counter space next to their leader.

"Oh, gomawo," Suho said as he started to rummage through it.

"So... what's all this for?" Kyungsoo asked, moving onto his tippy toes and looking into the steaming pan. Sehun coughed, choking on the drink of water he took, and started to pound on his chest. Kai and Kyungsoo threw him a baffled look, while Suho glared at him.

"Sorry," the maknae said, a few stray coughs escaping. "Went down the wrong pipe."

"Okay then..." Kai said, furrowing his eyebrows.

"We just wanted to cook for once," Suho said nonchalantly. "You know, give you a break."

"O-Oh," Kyungsoo said, a sudden sadness in his voice. Kai could tell he was upset so he quickly came up with a reason for the two males to leave the kicthen.

"U-Uh, hyung," he said to Kyungsoo, only making him look at him. "I have something I need to help me with."

"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Uh...just come and see," Kai said, taking hold of his boyfriend's wrist and pulling him towards their room.

"What's wrong, Kai?" the older asked, now with concern in his voice and eyes. Kai shut the door after he freed his hyung's wrist and went to stand in front of him.

"That's what I should be asking you," Kai replied. "You started to sound really sad back there. What happened?" Kyungsoo sighed a little, lowering his eyes to the ground.

"Nothing really..." he said, his voice trailing off. "It's just...do you think they forgot our birthdays? I mean, they didn't even say happy birthday or anything."

"Maybe, but I doubt it," Kai said, shaking his head a little. "I know we've been busy lately but I'm sure they didn't forget." Kyungsoo only nodded his head in response to the younger's words as he turned his attention away from him. "Hey, don't worry about it," Kai said, lifting the shorter's head back up with both hands. "Even if they did forget, we can still have a party of our own." Kyungsoo giggled a little, covering his face with his hands to cover his blushing cheeks.

"You really think so, huh?" he replied, still laughing.

"Yes I do," Kai said confidently, causing the older to laugh again. "Speaking of getting older, do you want your present?"

"You got me a present?" Kyungsoo asked, raising his eyebrows and earning a nod from Kai. "But I didn't get you anything in return..." Kyungsoo said, letting his voice trail off again.

"Babe, don't worry about that," Kai said. "Having you is already a gift to me." Kyungsoo tucked his lips inside his mouth as he smiled timidly. "So do you want it or not?" Kyungsoo just nodded his head, keeping the smile on. Kai grinned a little too before walking over to his desk drawer to pull something out. Kyungsoo couldn't see what it was because as soon as the air hit it, it disappeared behind Kai's back. "Close your eyes," Kai said. Kyungsoo giggled at first, but eventually obeyed.

Kai took hold of the older's hand and opened it up before placing a small box into his palm.

"Okay, now open," Kai said, stepping back a bit with an excited smile spread out on his face. Kyungsoo opened his eyes and they automatically widened when he saw a ring box resting peacefully in the center of his palm. "It's not what you think it is. I'm not proposing to you," Kai added with a small chuckle.

"Good because I would have said no anyway," Kyungsoo said jokingly, making Kai laugh. He placed his fingers on the velvety lid and pushed it open, only to reveal a small, metal ring inside. "I thought you said you weren't proposing?" Kyungsoo said, his eyes narrowed.

"I'm not," Kai said. "Do you see me down on one kneee?" Kyungsoo laughed a little and shook his head. "No, I just happened to be at the mall one day and saw this. I thought it would look perfect on you, but it turned out to be part of a set of couple rings," he explained, sticking out his hand.

"Kai..." Kyungsoo said, feeling the tears beginning to form in his eyes.

"Do you like it?" Kai asked with a hopeful grin on his lips.

"Are you kidding me?" Kyungsoo said with excitement. "I love it, Kai! I love it so much!" He wrapped his arms around the younger's neck, catching him off guard slightly. He chuckled and returned Kyungsoo's hug. After a few seconds, Kyungsoo pulled back and pecked Kai's lips with a kiss. "I'm never gonna take it off," he said. "I mean, except when I shower, but other than that I'm never gonna take it off."

Kai laughed again at how cute Kyungsoo looked when he was happy like that. He cupped his face in his hands and was the one to initiate the kiss this time, making it more passionate than before.

"I love you," Kai said upon pulling back, but leaving his hands to surround Kyungsoo's face.

"I love you, too," Kyungsoo smiled in reply. Kai smiled faintly and placed yet another loving kiss on the older's heart shaped lips.

"Your other present will be given to you later tonight," Kai said, making Kyungsoo laugh out loud as his cheeks flushed a slight red color.

"Same goes for you," Kyungsoo said.

"Oh, now I'm excited," Kai said. Kyungsoo laughed again and then they both heard their names being called from outside.

"Kai! Kyungsoo! Come out here!" Sehun's obnixously loud voice yelled. The two males looked at each other for a second before Kai took the box back from Kyungsoo and slipped the ring on the older's finger. The sight made Kyungsoo smile and then they walked out of the bedroom, hand in hand.

"What's wrong, Sehun?" Kai asked, walking out ahead of Kyungsoo.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" all the EXO members shouted, making both Kai and Kyungsoo flinch a little before smiling.

"I bet you thought we forgot," Sehun said teasingly.

"Well he did, but I didn't," Kai said, nudging his head towards Kyungsoo.

"Yah," Kyungsoo said, gently hitting the tanned male and making him chuckle.

"We wanted to surprise you, so we tried to keep quiet," Suho said.

"Oh well you did a great job," Kyungsoo said, making the others laugh. "Thanks, guys."

"Yeah seriously," Kai added. "Thanks."

"Hey, it's in our job description to celebrate birthdays," Suho said with a smile. Then they all exchanged hugs before officially starting the celebration.

Somewhere in the midst of it, Kai turned to Kyungsoo and smiled at him lovingly.

"Happy birthday," he said, wrapping an arm around the shorter's waist in order to pull him closer.

"Happy birthday," Kyungsoo replied with a wide smile on his face. Then the two males' lips met half in a perfectly sweet kiss.

#HappyKaiSooDay