44) Taemin and Kai (SHINee and EXO) - Crush? (Fluff, cute)

Members: Taemin of SHINee and Kai of EXO

Description: Taemin and Kai have been best friends for a while, but that all changes when Kai begins to develop deeper feelings for his hyung.

Genre: Fluff, cute

Inspiration: My brain.

A/N - I had a really difficult time writing this because, as most of you probably know, I cannot ship TaeKai in any way, shape, or form. Not mentally, physically, emotionally, or anything. Don't blame me, blame my KaiSoo feels. This one shot completely goes against my KaiSoo religion. They will not let me ship them. So sorry if this is bad, but that was my explanation.

Meolli dolgo doraseo dasi sijakhaneun gose da wasseo

Oryutuseongijiman baewogamyeo ganghaejil su inneun na

Jeo taeyangcheoreom geodaehan hanaran geol aneun nal

O~ o~ modu hamkke ganeun uri miraero

Kai's cell phone shouted at him in the morning, making his heart almost jump right out of his chest.

"Jesus," he groaned, flipping over on his side as he rubbed his eyes. It kept ringing, so Kai rolled to the edge of his bed before reaching over to his night stand to answer it. "Yeboseyo?" he spoke in groggy voice.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty!" Taemin's cheery voice said.

"Hyung, what have I told you about calling me in the morning?" Kai complained, barely even able to open his eyes.

"Uh, not to do it because it bugs you," Taemin said.

"Exactly, so why are you?" Kai said.

"Because if I didn't then you'd always be late for dance practice," Taemin said proudly.

"Shit," Kai cursed, looking at his calender. "We have that today?"

"See," Taemin said. "If it weren't for me you wouldn't have remembered that."

"Yeah, whatever," Kai said. "Just come and pick me up. I'll be ready in like 20 minutes."

"Anything for my little Jonginnie," Taemin cooed teasingly.

"Yah! I told you not to call me that. EVER," Kai said sternly, making Taemin chuckle.

"Whatever, grumpy pants," Taemin said. "I'll be there soon."

"Araseo," Kai said and then hung up.

Taemin and Kai had been best friends since kindergarten, although sometimes people would mistake them as brothers. Personally, they never really saw the resemblance between themselves. Even their parents said they looked alike, but they just didn't see it.

==================================================================================

Taemin arrived at Kai's house a little after eight o'clock and waited for him to come out of his house. In the meantime, he saw Kai's older half brother come outside and head to his car.

"Good morning, Kyungsoo," Taemin said in a friendly tone of voice.

"Oh, good morning, Taemin-ah," Kyungsoo replied with a smile. "Are you waiting for Jongin?"

"Yup," Taemin said, putting extra emphasis on the p sound. "We have dance practice today."

"Ah, I see," Kyungsoo said with a nod. Just then, Kai came bolting out of the front door of their medium-sized home.

"Hyung, tell eomma I'll be at dance practice with Taemin, okay?" Kai said breathlessly, stopping only for a few seconds to look at Kyungsoo.

"Okay," Kyungsoo said with a nod. "Have fun," he added as Kai proceeded to walk to Taemin's car.

"Gomawo, hyung," he said with a quick wave once he was seated in the passenger's side. Kyungsoo waved back and then the car pulled away down the street.

==================================================================================

"Thanks for taking me to lunch, hyung," Kai said as Taemin's car came to a stop in front of Kai's house. "You didn't have to do that."

"Hey, I wanted to," Taemin said with a genuine smile that made Kai crack into a smile. "Well then, I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you then," Kai said as he undid his seatbelt and opened the car door.

"Annyeong," Taemin said as he waved.

"Annyeong," Kai replied before heading inside the house. "Hyung, I'm home!" he said loudly as he shut the door with a semi-loud slam.

"I'm upstairs!" Kyungsoo called, trying to be loud enough so that Kai could hear him. Kai took off his shoes and then jogged up the winding staircase until he reached Kyungsoo's room. "Hey, back so soon?" Kyungsoo said as Kai walked in his room.

"Why? Did you want me to stay out all night?" Kai asked with a smirk on his lips, sitting on Kyungsoo's bed with a plop.

"No," Kyungsoo chuckled. "I just thought that you'd be out later than this. After all, you were with Taemin and God knows how much time you two spend together."

It was true that Kai and Taemin spent most of their time together. For the longest time, Kai thought that was just what regular best friends do: spend a lot of time together. But ever since a few months ago, Kai was beginning to feel weird around the elder.

It wasn't that Taemin was making him feel uncomfortable, it was more like his growing feelings for him were. Kai tried to deny those feelings on several occasions, but they always seemed to creep their way back into his heart.

But he had firmly decided that he was never going to tell Taemin how he actually felt about him. Kai treasured his friendship with Taemin more than anything in the world and he didn't know what he would do if he ever lost it.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked, spinning around in his chair to look at Kai. "You got really quiet all of a sudden. Is there something on your mind?"

"No...n-not really," Kai said, clearly lying.

"Come on, Jongin," Kyungsoo said, leaning his head to the side in disbelief. "We both know you can't lie to me, so spill it. What's on your mind?" Kai sighed heavily and looked down, starting to play with his fingers.

"Hyung," Kai started, a less cheerful tone in his voice, "have you ever had a crush on someone you were really close to? You know, like one of your best friends or something?"

"Um...have I?" Kyungsoo said, trying to recall his past crushes. "Oh, there was this one guy who I was good friends with that I liked. He wasn't my best friend, but we hung out a lot. Why?"

"What happened?" Kai asked next. "I mean, did you tell him that you liked him?"

"Hell no," Kyungsoo said. "I think I would have rather died then tell him how I felt. But that was just me, so that doesn't mean you shouldn't either."

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Kai asked in slight confusion.

"Jongin, it's obvious you like Taemin," Kyungsoo said, making Kai blush and look down in response. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I'm not gonna judge you or anything."

"I really want to tell him," Kai said, "but I just don't know how to."

"Sometimes there is no specific way to tell someone how you feel," Kyungsoo said. "You just have to push all your fears and inhibitions aside and tell him if it's really what you want, Jongin. Sure, you might be disappointed afterwards, but you could also end up really happy."

"So you're saying that I should just go over there and tell him?" Kai asked in clarification.

"That is precisely what I'm saying," Kyungsoo said with a confident nod. Kai sighed and dragged his hands down his face before getting onto to his feet. "That's a good boy, go. I'll be here waiting when you get back," Kyungsoo spoke victoriously, only earning a brief glare from the younger. He chuckled and then Kai went back downstairs, stopping once he reached the last step.

"I just have to tell him," he said to himself.

"Just do it!" Kyungsoo shouted from upstairs, making Kai turn back around temporarily. Then he grabbed his coat and put his shoes back on before walking out the door, en route to Taemin's house.

==================================================================================

Once Kai had walked all the way from his house to Taemin's house, he approached the front door and knocked on it hesitantly. There was no response for a few seconds and then the door clicked open, revealing a pleasantly surprised Taemin.

"Oh, hey Kai," he said as he smiled. "I wasn't expecting to see you. What's up?"

"O-Oh, I was just, uh, wondering if I could talk to you about something," Kai said timidly.

"Of course you can," Taemin said warmly. "Come on, we can go to my room," he said as he held the door open so Kai could walk in. Kai just kind of nodded and then walked through the door apprehensively. "This way," Taemin said after having shut the door. Kai followed Taemin up the flight of stairs and into his bedroom before Taemin shut that door. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" Taemin asked, taking a seat at his desk.

"Uh..." Kai didn't know where to start. He remained silent for a few seconds so that he could just gather his thoughts. "I, uh, came over here to confess something to you that has been bugging me for a while."

"Okay..." Taemin said in confusion. "What is it?"

"Please don't hate me when I say this, but I like you, Taemin," Kai admitted. "And not like in a friendly type of way, but like I seriously like you type of way. I don't even know how this started, it just did. I tried to push my feelings for you away because you are best friend and I didn't want to risk losing you, but it's just been bugging me fo-"

The remainder of Kai's rambling was stopped when Taemin walked over to his bed and hugged Kai. Kai's eyes widened at such a sudden and unexpected movement; he didn't know what was going on at all.

"It's okay, Kai," Taemin said softly, tightening his grip on the younger. "I understand. You don't have to explain anything. I understand." Kai just sat there motionlessly for awhile, not exactly sure if what Taemin just said was a good or bad thing. "Yah, are you just gonna leave me hanging? Do you think I'm hugging you for my health?" Taemin said jokingly, making Kai crack a smile.

After a few more seconds, Kai lifted up his arms and returned Taemin's hug.