7) Jimin and Jungkook (BTS) - Say Something (Angst)

Members: Jimin and Jungkook of BTS

Description: Jungkook has lost his long battle with cancer.

Genre: Angst and lots of it

Inspiration: "Say Something" by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilara.

Jimin sat there as he watched the love of his life barely clinging to life. The cancer was spreading throughout Jungkook's small body, unforgivingly possessing any sign of good health that was left.

Jungkook was getting worse everyday, even with all treatments he was getting. He couldn't even breathe on his own anymore and had to wear an oxygen mask.

Jimin cringed at the sight of the condensation building up and evaporating inside the clear mask. This wasn't the life he was supposed to have. Jungkook was supposed to be at home with him, cuddling while watching movies and humming while cooking. He was supposed to spend the rest of his life happily with Jimin.

The nurse came early in the afternoon and gave Jungkook another round of cemo. Jimin's heart ached as he watched his poor baby get abused with more useless medicine. The younger's skin was entirely taken over by a pale color, except his eyes, which looked so tired. Tired of being shut. Tired of seeing Jimin hurt. Tired of living.

Jungkook carefully opened his weary eyes and slowly turned his head to see Jimin asleep on the couch under the window. He wanted to smile, but even that hurt. Instead he just watched him, resting peacefully. Jungkook wished he could sleep like that, untarnished.

Jimin's eyes fluttered open and practically sprang up from the couch when he saw that his love's eyes were open too.

"Hey baby," he said, getting Jungkook's black locks off of his forehead. Jungkook only whimpered in response, as talking felt like thousands of tiny pins being stabbed in his throat. "Shh, you don't have to say anything," Jimin lied. All he really wanted was for Jungkook to say something. The smallest word or even a letter or syllable. Something to let him know he wasn't going to leave him yet.

Jimin rubbed his boyfriend's hand gently as the fragile body in front of him let out a harsh chain of coughs. Jimin's heart nervously picked up speed, causing him to squeeze Jungkook's hand tighter. Don't leave me, yet. He thought to himself. Please, don't leave me.

"J-Jimin," Jungkook struggled, but managed to mutter in a barely audible voice. Jimin could feel his eyes fill with tears as he stood up and hovered over the younger.

"I'm right here, baby," he said, trying to plaster on a smile. "I'm right here."

"I-I,"  The rest of Jungkook's words were cut of by another string of fatal coughs. Jimin blinked vigorously, pushing back the the salty droplets of water in his eyes. "I-I'm s-sorry. I'm s-so sorry."

"Don't say that," Jimin said as his voice crackered. "Don't apologize. Please don't." Jungkook whimpered again, evidently ready to cry, too.

"C-can you d-do me a f-favor?" he said.

"Yes, anything, baby," Jimin replied frantically. Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut tightly before he continued.

"C-can you go g-get the nurse? P-please," he asked, his voice still barely audible.

"But," Jimin began to say as Jungkook just blinked at him. Jimin sighed heavily. "Okay. I'll be right back, so please don't go anywhere." Jungkook coughed again in respose to his words and Jimin kissed his forehead before walking towards the exit. He looked back at the only person he was ever going to love and was hurt when he saw him smile faintly.

 Jimin walked out into the hall, pressing his back against the wall, and sniffled as the tears started crawling down his cheek. He fell to the ground, bringing his legs up to his chest and tucking his head in the small space in between. He started to sob in sadness, anger, and in hurt.

Jungkook turned his head to look out the window. He looked at all the birds flying past, whose backs seemed to touch the puffy clouds up above. That'll be me, he thought to himself. I'll be free.

Lifting his hand trembling off the thin bed sheets, he brought it up to touch the only thing that was keeping him alive. Before he could do anything else, he recalled all the memories he had made in his life. Even the earliest ones from when he was a baby replayed in his head.

But the ones that stuck out the most were the ones he made with Jimin. The first time they layed eyes on each other. The first time they talked. The first time they kissed. The first time they made love.

With those happy memories engrained in his head, Jungkook used what little strength he had and tugged on the hard plastic. He squeezed his eyes shut, taking in his last breath of oxygen, and pulled it off.

A/N

I think I need help. Why do I drive myself into this deep depression when I write angst? I don't know.