25) Jr. and Mark ft. Jackson (GOT7) - Fated To Love You (Cute)

Members: Jr., Mark, and Jackson of GOT7

Description: Mark may have finally found some hope in the abyss of his one sided crush on Jackson.

Genre: Cute

Inspiration: My brain.

Mark was just sitting in his bedroom, staring blankly out the window in front of his polished, wooden desk. He wasn't staring at anything in particular, he was just staring. But he was mostly thinking. He was thinking about-

"Mark!" Jackson, Mark's best friend, interrupted his thoughts as he bursted in his room. "Mark, what are you doing in here?"

"Nothing," Mark answered, slightly turned around in his chair.

"I can see that," Jackson said before he fell back on Mark's bed. "I'm bored. We should go do something or go somewhere."

"I'm perfectly fine with doing nothing," Mark said, turning back to his original sitting position.

"Of course you are," Jackson whined, getting off the bed. "Because you're so weird," he added, wrapping his arms around Mark's neck and practically putting him in a headlock.

"Jackson, stop," Mark said, trying hard not to crack a smile. "You're going to choke me to death."

"Oh come on," Jackson said, now ruffling the elder's red hair. "You know you love it."

"No, I really don't," Mark said, leaning to the side to try and escape the younger's grasp.

"Ah, you're no fun," Jackson said, finally letting go of him. Mark straightened himself out and fixed his hair. Just then, Jackson's cell phone sounded with a text and he pulled it out of his pocket before reading it. "Oh, that was Youngji. She invited us out for a walk with her dog. We should go. Get some fresh air."

"I think I'll pass," Mark said, facing the window again.

"Come on," Jackson pleaded. "Pretty please." He curled his button lip over and folded his hands together in an attempt to act cute.

"Why do you need me to go?" Mark asked.

"Because it wouldn't be the same without my best friend there," Jackson said. Best friend. Who knew that those words could hurt a person so much. "Please? For me?"

"Fine," Mark sighed in surrender.

"Yay! Come on, come on!" Jackson said with cheer, pulling the older out of the apartment.

==========================================================

Mark,  Jackson, and Youngji were just walking along the stone in the park, which was surrounded by trees on either side.

"Look, a shaved ice," Youngji said, pointing to a little stand ahead of them. "Jackson, you should be a really nice person and go by us some."

"Why do I have to pay?" Jackson asked.

"Because you want to," she replied. "And because you would do anything to make us happy." Jackson sighed and rolled his eyes in surrender.

"Okay, but I'm not carrying all three by myself, so you're coming with me," he said to her.

"Araseo," she said. "Mark, would you mind holding onto the leash while we're gone?"

"Oh no, that's fine," Mark said.

"Cool, thanks," Youngji smiled, handing it to Mark. Then the two walked over in the direction of the stand and Mark took a seat on a nearby bench.

Having a crush on your best friend wasn't easy for Mark. Especially when that friend was straight. Mark kept trying to tell himself that it was never going to work, that Jackson would never look at him as more than a best friend. But the crush managed to stretch itself out for two whole years without snapping. And Mark hated it.

Mark plopped on the wooden bench, wrapping the fabric leash tightly around his hand.

"Since when did you get a dog?" someone asked, taking a seat next to him. Mark turned his head and saw an old friend of his, Jr., sitting there with a smile on his lips.

"Since never," Mark answered, feeling a little more happy. "It's not my dog. It belongs to a person I'm hanging out with today."

"Oh, well it's really cute," Jr. said, leaning down and petting it gently.

"What are you doing back in town? I thought you were away at school," Mark said.

"I was, but then I decided to transfer to a university closer to home," Jr. explained. "I was getting homesick."

"Oh, so does that mean you're still going for music?" Mark asked.

"Yeah," Jr. replied, nodding. "Same major, but just a different school." Mark nodded his head silently in response. "Hey, we should meet up sometime. You know, just the two of us. I'd really like to catch up," Jr. said, moving so he was facing the older.

"Yeah," Mark said, a smile forming on his lips and his cheeks turning a light shade of pink. "Yeah, I'd like that to." Jr. smiled in response and then pulled his cell phone out of his pocket. The two males exchanged phone numbers briefly before taking back their phones.

"I'll just call you whenever I have some free time," Jr. said, earning a nod from Mark.

"Okay," Mark said, feeling slightly volatile. Jr. smiled and then said goodbye before walking away. Mark looked at the new contact that had just been and couldn't help but feel an elated warmth spread throughout his entire body.

"Sorry we took so long," Jackson said, suddenly appearing and making Mark jump a little. "Someone couldn't decide what flavor they wanted."

"Well, it's not my fault they had so many choices," Youngji said, making a pouty face. "Thanks for holding on to her, Mark."

"Oh, you're welcome," Mark said, handing the leash to her.

Mark didn't know when Jr. would call, but he sure was excited.

=======================================================

A few weeks passed and Mark had heard nothing from Jr.. He figured that he was just busy was school and tried to think positively about it.

"Hey, Mark," Jackson said, peeking his head into the older's room. "I'm going to a movie with Youngji. Wanna come with?"

"No," Mark answered without facing Jackson. "I have a lot of work to do for school."

"Okay, well I'll be back later," Jackson said before disappearing out into the hallway.

During those few weeks, Mark's feelings for Jackson still hung around, which only made waiting to hear from Jr. even more difficult. He needed some miracle, some heavenly force, to save him from his hopeless crush before it killled him.

========================================================

Only an hour had passed since Jackson left and now Mark was just sitting in the living room, watching television. A commercial came on, so he started flipping the channels again, seeing if there was anything else on to distract him from his thoughts. Just then, his phone lit up with a text message and Mark froze when he heard it.

He hoped it was from Jr., but he didn't want to get his hopes and it turn out to be from Jackson or someone else. He picked up and typed in his passcode slowly. His heart just about jumped out of his chest when he saw that his hopes didn't fail him this time.

From: Jr. :)

Hi Mark! I'm sorry I haven't contacted you lately, but I was just really busy with school. But I finally have some time off and was wondering if you wanted to meet up? If your answer is yes, just meet me at the park. I'll be waiting :)

Sent: 6:59 p.m.

Mark couldn't control his smile as he read over the text over and over again. He quickly snapped out of his trance and clicked the television off before scurrying out the door.

Fate. It seems like a word that gets thrown around a lot in the world. But does it really exist?