A break in

I hear a knock on my door. I look at the alarm clock by the bed. It says 1:15. "Who is it," I ask groggily. The door opens. "It's me" I hear aunt Lucy say. She comes into the bedroom. "Are mom and dad home?" I ask. "No," she says. "Is Zillah crying?" I ask. "No" she repeats. "What's wrong then," I ask sitting up turning on the lamp by the bed. "I think there is someone downstairs," she says. "What do you mean. I mean I heard footsteps and then a few things being moved around. I think it's him. I think it's the burglar mom and dad were worried about" she says. Echo puts his head up. "Where is bear," I ask. "I don't know. He usually sleeps with Alice and Jonathan but he isn't in their room. The door is wide open" she says. I left the door open so I could hear if Zillah started crying during the night before they got back. "I think I know where Bear is. Come on, let's see if we can find the person in the house" I say. I grab my stele out of my bag and put on a silent rune.

"We need to be quiet" I whisper. She nods. We head down the stairs and into the living room. I put on a night vision rune too so I can see in the dark. Bear is walking behind the person. I can't tell if it's a man or woman. "What's bear doing," she asks. "Sneaking up around them. Bear is good at being quiet" I whisper. We watch as the guy puts some things into a bag and bear just stays behind him in the shadows. "I can't see anything because it's so dark. What's going on" Lucy asks in a whisper. "He is just looking around and occasionally putting some things into a bag. Bear is just watching" I tell her. "Why isn't the dog doing anything," Lucy asks. "I am not sure," I say. Lucy moves forward a little bit closer towards me and knocks one of the tables and makes it wobble and it makes a noise. The person turns around and I grab her arm and pull her to the ground so we are not spotted. After a minute I look back up and see the person has left her room. "Come on. We have to catch up to them to make sure they aren't doing anything worse.

We find them back in the entrance to the house and he picks up a picture off of the wall and puts it in the bag. "What's up here," the man asks himself and turns to the stairs. He starts climbing the stairs. Bear Growls. "Huh, who is there," he asks. Bear continues to growl but stops when the man goes down one step. "You are probably just a small dog. Most of the rich people I have broken into have little dogs. Well, I am not afraid of you. I could probably kick you into a wall if you come at me" he taunts.

He starts going back upstairs. Bear growls again and starts barking. The man freezes hearing a big loud bark from Bear. I hear Zillah start crying from hearing the loud sounds. "Oh, that's why I can't go upstairs. There is a baby. Oh well," he says and continues up the stairs. Bear jumps and hits the man's back and he falls face forward on the steps. "Go call for help so we can get him arrested and out of here," I tell Lucy. She nods and runs out of the room.  I turn on the lights but I dim them.

She comes back after a few minutes and says "the police are on their way." I nod and turn on the lights. Zillah screams and cries upstairs. "Watch him. I will be back with Zillah. I am going to go calm her down" I tell Lucy. "Good dog. Keep him there. I will be back" I say to bear. I go into mom and dad's room and pick Zillah up from her crib. "Shh, shh, it's alright Zillah. everything is alright now" I coo as I softly bounce her up and down in my arms around the room. Once she has calmed down after a while of talking softly to her and walking her around the room, I go downstairs with her still in my arms. Bear is still standing over the guy who is still laying on the stairs on his stomach looking scared to even move. There are sirens outside sounding like they are getting closer to the house.

Jeffrey, Noni, and Gramps come into the foyer. "Oh my gosh," Noni says. "What happened here," Jeffrey asks. "The guy you were telling us about tried to break in and steal stuff and bear caught him" I explain.

We watch as the police take the guy away. "We have been looking for you," one of the policemen says. He puts the guy in handcuffs and starts to lead him away. One of the police officers gets a report from me and Lucy and then they head out the door.

A few minutes later mom and dad walk in the front door. "What is going on here," mom asks. Noni and Gramps are talking, I guess they don't know mom and dad are back yet. "Well, that guy they were telling us about who has been robbing the neighborhood houses came. Bear stopped him when he started going upstairs towards where our bedrooms are and where Zillah was. Lucy called the police then they came and took him away" I say. "Oh my gosh, I can see you two now. What happened" Lucy asks. "Not much, It will all heal with a few iratzes," dad says. Mom takes zillah and goes upstairs to their room and dad follows. "What are itatzes," Lucy asks. "Healing runes," I tell her. "Mom, dad, we are heading back up to bed now," Lucy says and we go upstairs.

We pass mom and dad's room and see dad put an iratze on his arm and the cut heals and fades away within seconds. "That's so cool," Lucy says. Mom chuckles and says "Go to bed Lucy we will see you in the morning." Lucy nods and disappears into her bedroom. I go back to my room and go back to sleep.

Sorry I've been MIA for a while, guys. I've had a lot going on with my dog Yoda and have been busy with work and I just haven't had much time go write but maybe once a week so for this I am sorry.
Yoda's my other Doberman. If you remember Vader, the dog I had to put down a couple of years ago, yoda is his birth sister  If you're wondering what happened with Yoda, in March of last year she was diagnosed with wobblers, a disease large dogs can get where the spine gets compressed and they have a harder time getting around and keeping their head up. So it was harder for me to take care of and was more work but I did it happily for my oldest fur baby.
Then in February of this year, yoda was diagnosed with bone cancer they gave her two months to live and she fought till May. When it became so bad that she couldn't walk in her front right paw out vet referred her to a specialist an hour away from my house. She went in for a consultation and they observed her for a day and the specialist recommended amputating the front right paw that had cancer in it and told us that they have a special doctor who would do it and this would give her a fighting chance. They did tell us of the chances of her not making it long after the surgery and that only about 10-15% survive over a year after the surgery. After a lot of thought and prayers about if we should put her through the surgery, my parents and I decided to go through with the amputation. They told us that she will need to do four doses of chemo. A treatment once a month. It was hard at first but Yoda pushed through and now she is doing very well. She has her last dose of chemo this week and they are going to do they chest scans and x rays to make sure they got everything. I have had a lot more peace about this specialist she is going to because the doctors seem very smart and helpful as both the doctors and staff there seem to care a lot.

This is her now

This is her now.

Now to the questions for the chapter:

What do you guys think of the chapter?

I know it's short but I figure I haven't done a short one in a while so I would do one.

Also, dobermans can be really quiet and sneak up on people. My older Doberman does it to my younger Doberman all the time. She has even done it to me once and scared the crap out of me when I finally found her. It can legit be scary sometimes.