King for a day

"Rise and shine beautiful" I hear Jaces voice say. I open my eyes and look up at him. "I don't want to rise and shine. I want to sleep and snooze" I complain. He gives me that half smile of his. "But it's your day. I get a day off and I'm excited for it" he says. "I'm sure you are" I say.

I get out of the bed and brush my teeth and brush my hair. "I'm going to go pick out a dress and I will meet you down at breakfast" I tell him. "Okay" he says.

I leave the bedroom and go down to my dress room. I look through all my dresses. I find a long blue dress. I hope whoever I get will like it. I change into the dress behind the curtain.

I slip on some black flats and go to breakfast

I go into breakfast and Jace gets here right after

We take our seats and the servants bring out our food. "It feels like when we just moved here with the table being empty and just us" I point out. "That's true, it does" he says.

"What are you going to do on your day off" I ask him."I don't know but I'm excited for a day off" he says. "I know you are. You deserve it too" I tell him. "Thanks. Maybe I'll go see Alec and Magnus" he says. "That's a good idea. When it was your turn they came over along with Izzy and Simon and we all ate tacos" I tell him. "Tacos" he asks. "Yeah" I say. There is nothing wrong with tacos if you're not in the mood to cook. "Maybe you could go see Jonathan, check out his house" I suggest. "Maybe, I haven't really seen the inside of the Morganstern manor, just the outside" jace says. "Neither have I" I say.

"Are we going to leave Chrissie here" jace asks. "That's probably a good idea with her carrying puppies and all" I say. "Yeah" jace says.

"Any ideas on what to do with my king today" I ask jace since he's already done the queen for a day. "I'd ask the guy first. If he doesn't know, show him around the castle and the grounds then ask him so he knows what is available for you guys to do" he tells me. "That's a good idea. Thanks jace" I thank him. "Anytime" he says.

When we finish breakfast we walk over to the throne room. On the way I ask "do the same rules you had apply to me too?" Jace sighs and says, "I guess it's only fair if they do." "Okay thanks, I could tell by the look on your face that it was really hard for you to say that" I say. "It was" he says.