Jace gets sick

I wake up and look over my shoulder at jace. He's still sleeping. That never happens. I never wake up first. "Jace, come on you have to get up" I tell him softly. "No" he groans. That's new. "Jace you have to get up" I tell him. "But Clary, I don't feel good" he whines. "What doesn't feel good jace" I ask. "Here, and here, and here, and here, and here" he says pointing to different parts of his body. "Okay well you just stay here and I'm going to change into my clothes okay" I say. He groans.

I get out of the bed and go into the closet. I pick out a green spaghetti strapped top and jeans and sandals.

I go back out after getting ready for the day

I go back out after getting ready for the day. "You gonna be okay while I go and eat breakfast" I ask. "No" he whines. "Do you want me to bring you some breakfast after I eat" I ask. "Yes please" he says. "Okay I'll be back" I say.

I leave the bedroom and close the door behind me. I hear a cough. Poor jace.

I go down to breakfast and eat some French toast and blueberry muffins. After I finish my breakfast I make a plate for Jace. I put a piece of French toast, a blueberry muffin and some cut up pieces of mango. I wave Charlotte over. "Can you bring me a glass of orange juice please" I ask. "Yes ma'am" she says. She leaves the dining room.

When Charlotte comes back I thank her and take the plate and cup up to jace. It was quiet and lonely. Jonathan and Alice have been moved together out of the castle for two weeks now. When she comes to work it's around 9:30.

I open the door to the bedroom and don't see jace. I hear something in the bathroom. I set the plate and orange juice on my nightstand and go into the bathroom to check on jace.

I see him sitting by the toilet. "I got sick" he says. "I'm sorry. Let's get you cleaned up and back in the bed so you can rest. I brought you some breakfast" I tell him. I help him back in the bed and he still looks pale.

I hand him his food and set the orange juice beside him. "I don't want it" he says. "Jace, come on you need to eat. Eating something and drinking the orange juice will help you feel better" I tell him. "Fine, but feed me" he says. I cut up the French toast and feed it to my 'helpless' husband.

After he has eaten all his breakfast with help from me I make him drink the juice by himself. "I can't hold the cup Clary. I'm too weak" he says after barely touching the cup. I roll my eyes. I pick up the drink and shove it in his hand. "Drink the juice" I tell him. He barely moves it to hd mouth. "Help" he says barely above a whisper. If you didn't know him you would think he was dying. I grab his wrist and bring the cup to his mouth. "Drink" I say. He slowly drinks some of it.

He sets it back in the nightstand beside him. "Do I feel hot to you" he asks. I feel his forehead. "No Jace, you feel the same as always" I tell him. "Go get the thermometer, I feel like my head is on fire" he says. I go to the bathroom and turn it on. I bring it to him and stick it under his tongue. When it beeps I take it out. "You don't have a fever Jace, it says 98.5" I tell him. "I'm dying. Oh my gosh that's too high. My body is going to heat up and explode" he says. "No jace, that's a normal temperature" I tell him. "We need a new one, it's obviously broken" he says. "It's working perfectly fine" I tell him. I take it to the bathroom, clean it off, and put it away.