The trip

Today is Wednesday so I am heading over to the park after school. It feels so good out here. Simon has guitar practice and has to stay after school. Isabelle and jace headed home on the bus.

I told Isabelle we wouldn't be able to come to training later because Simon had school stuff and I have work stuff.

So now I am walking alone. It doesn't bother me though. I kind of like the quiet some times. I also like the fact that since I can't go to training today Alec can't kill me because he is still mad at me for eating his breakfast sandwich. I told him I'd buy him another one but I am not sure where he got it. I find a bench by a fountain and I set my book bag down next to me on the ground and I sit down. I've never seen Rick before so I have absolutely no idea who I am looking for.

A man walks up to me. He is a very handsome man if I must say so myself, but I can't tell jace I think that of course. He must be rick Carlson because he says "you must be clary am I right? It is nice to finally meet you. I am rick Carlson." He sits down on the bench next to me. I nod my head and reach into my bag and pull out my sketchbook.

I flip to where the designs start and hand the sketchbook to him. He is quiet for about 7 minutes as he flips through the pages. His eyes are lighting up with wonder as if my designs were amazing. He studies each one carefully but with amazement. "Clary you did this? This is amazing! You are a very talented young lady. I am most impressed. Would you mind if I take a picture of each design to show the head boss?" "Sure I guess" I say and he takes pictures of all of them.

"I should probably tell you. I have gotten an offer to work with jovanni and design their next line as well. They have only talked to me once but I have been more focused on y'all." "Well that won't work at all. You see, we are in competition the two companies. You must pick one. It is either you work for us or for them. Which do you choose?" It is true that jovanni has not talked to me since that one time. I guess I will just have to choose Sherri hill and give them the two designs. "I choose you guys." "That's great! You made the right choice. We are very happy to have you with us." He gets a text message.

"That is Michael prickett the head of the company, he is very impressed with your design. He says he wishes to see you in person. He would also like to send you and 4 people to Italy. It will be in a private plane of course. You would need to ask your parents of course. Let me know what they say." "Oh that sounds wonderful I have always wanted to go to Italy. I will let you know as soon as I find out from them." I have already been to Italy before, when I got kidnapped by Sebastian, but nobody needs to know that. "Great I look forward to hearing and seeing you again. Goodbye clary" he says and we part ways. I grab my book bag and head home.

As I head home I can't stop thinking I could possibly be going back to beautiful Italy again. Who would I bring? My mom and Luke maybe if they want to go. I will have to beg my way to get mom to let jace go with me because believe it or not he knows his way around Italy. I could bring izzy with me too. I've got a back up plan too. If mom and Luke let me come but they don't come I could bring Tessa and jem. I know my mom would never let me go without an adult. I've gotten closer to Tessa and she's technically an adult but she's fun to hang out with.

I walk through the front steps and set my book bag in he hallway and find my mom and Luke sitting on the couch taking. "Hey how was school and that meeting with that guy from Sherri hill?" Luke asks me. I sit on one of the chairs in the living room and say "Yeah about that... I showed him my designs and he sent a picture of each of them to the head person in charge of the company and he was very impressed. He wants to send me and four people to Italy. I don't know how long. What do you both think?" They both look shocked when I mentioned Italy. "What on earth do you need to go to Italy for" my mom said and I answer by saying "I don't know I guess I will know when I get there. So can I go?" "We will have to think about it for a little bit." I sigh and say "okay I get it. Let me know when you have come to a conclusion" and I walk to the hall and grab my bag and walk over to my room to start in homework.
---------------time skip 2 hours-------------------
                     "Clary time for dinner!" My mom yells from the kitchen. I can hear her and Luke talking from the kitchen. "Jocelyn you know this or something like this was going to come with us letting her take this job. She is growing up. She is now 17." "I know but she is still a little girl to me. I forget sometimes I need to give her some freedom. What should we do?" "What we need to do." Are they saying what I think they are saying. I finish studying for my English test tomorrow.
                            I think I am ready for this test. I walk into the kitchen. They both look at me and Mom says "we are going to let you go on that trip to Italy." "Really?!" Luke smiles and says "yes but we are not going with you." Mom looks shocked and confused and says "were not?" "No, but clary you need at least one adult with you and you can choose to take some friends with you." "I want to take Tessa with me!" "Good I like her," mom says " now grab your plate dinner is ready." I grab a plate of turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans and mac and cheese. I eat quickly I am so excited they are letting me go to Italy. I finish eating and run to my room and ran my phone. I scroll till I find Tessa's number and I call it. "Hi clary" I hear. "Hey Tessa! I have some amazing news." She hears the excitement in my voice so she says "what is it?" " Sherri hill is sending me and four people to Italy. Mom and Luke said I can go but I have to have at least one adult with me. I want you and jem to come with me. Please?" I beg. I am really excited. If she doesn't go with me maybe maryis or Magnus could come with me. "I would love too! I will ask jem if he wants to come with us." "Yay! I can't wait! I will see you soon. I will let you know more when I find out more details." "Thanks clary I will see you soon." I hang up and text rick back and tell him my parents said I can go. I just need more details.
                               I call izzy and I hear "oh my gosh clary it is 10:30 I was trying to sleep what do you need?!" "Well I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me to Italy but I guess you don't so I will just hang up." "Wait Italy? Like the country Italy?!" I believe it is a country yes" I say back. "Oh my gosh! I have always wanted to go to Italy! I would love to go! When do we leave?" "I don't know I am waiting for a response back from rick. Sherri hill is sending me and four people. I am bringing Tessa already and hoping jem will come and jace too. Jace surprisingly knows his way around Italy." "Really? Since when?" "I don't know but when Sebastian kidnapped me they took me to Italy and a couple other countries. I forgot what other ones. I will let you know the details when I find them out." "Okay I can't wait. Goodnight clary." "Goodnight Isabelle" I say and hang up.
                           I look at my clock. It says 11:00 pm. I got my pjs on and hear my phone ring. It is an unknown number but I answer it anyway. "Hello?" "Clary fray? This is Michael prickett the head of Sherri hill. I heard from rick that you wanted to take that trip to Italy. I'm glad your parents are letting you go. How about next Friday at 7:00 pm we leave. I will set you 5 up a limo to pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel you will be staying at. It will be a private plane. I will set up a photo shoot so we can get pictures of you to put in our magazine. If I can get your email I will send you a schedule of what I have planned." "Of course. I am very excited to get to go. I have always wanted to go to Italy. My email is clary.fairchild@gmail.com. I look forward to going." "Thank you very much clary. If you reply to my email with the schedule please send an address I can send the limo to pick you and your 4 guests to take you to the airport so you all can head over as well. I will not be able to be in Italy unfortunately to see you. I trust you will be able to find everything you need." "I can do that. Thank you so much Mr. Prickett." "Oh please clary call me Michael. I hope you have a good time and look forward to hearing from you soon. Goodnight my dear." "Thank you. Good night Michael." He hangs up. This is going to be great. I fall asleep immediately and don't wake up till my alarm goes off.