A very busy day

I wake up at 6:30 like always when I'm riding the bus and look at my phone. Simon texted me. 'Hey izzy said we need to ride three us today, something about you. I will be at your house in 15 minutes.'

Okay I have to hurry and get ready. I grab a blue sweater and some jeans and converse out of my closet. I put on my sweater and hear my phone go off again and I see it is from izzy. 'Hey Simon agreed to ride the bus with us. I will see you both soon. Can't wait to start working on that dress!'

I put my jeans on and tie my converse. I go to the bathroom across the hall and brush my teeth and comb through my hair. I walk back to my room to finish getting ready by making my bed. I text Tessa since I have some time. I say 'hey Tessa it's clary. Me, izzy and Magnus are going shopping later. Do you want to come with us?' I send it and put my sketchbook in my book bag.

I grab it and head out to the kitchen. I put some egos in the toaster for breakfast. It comes up and I put it on a plate and pour a lot of syrup on it. I start eating and hear Simon come in the front door. "Hi Simon. Are y'all riding the bus this morning?"I hear my mom ask him. "Yes ma'am" Simon says before walking into the kitchen. I take a bite of my waffles. He tries to take a piece of my eggos. "Hey!" I yell "hands off my eggos man." He raises his hand up in surrender. He walks over to the fridge and pours some orange juice. He walks over with his juice and sits beside me. "So why are we riding the bus? Isabelle said it was something about you." I tell him about me getting he offers from Sherri hill and jovanni. "Well that's great! Why are we riding the bus?" I sigh and say "because, the moment we step foot on school grounds I will be attacked with questions and girls will stress me out with questions about can I make their homecoming dresses. I just really need to be with 3 of my best friends in the whole world. And izzy has already asked me to do her dress." He looks at me like he is sorry. He hugs me and says "the three of us are not going anywhere. I promise. You just let me know if you get too stressed out and we will go do something just us later." I smile and say "thanks Simon. Now help me finish these eggos the bus will be here in 3 minutes. We are eating and Luke walks in and says "hey you two. Are y'all walking or riding the bus?" "Yeah"me and Simon say at the same time. "Well you better hurry I saw it coming around the corner" we put our forks down and put them and the plate in the sink. I grab my lunch out of the fridge and put in in my book bag. We grab our book bags and say bye to mom and Luke and walk to the sidewalk to see the bus waiting for us.

We walk up the bus stairs and as all the girls yell "clary! Come sit by me. Can you make my homecoming dress?! Please! I want to say a designer made mine!" I roll my eyes and look to Simon like 'see this is what I mean' he smiles and walks over to the empty seat behind jace and izzy. They look at me and jace says "wow. How does everyone know about that already?" We all shrug. "And this is why I wanted to ride the bus today. I needed you three." Izzy pulls something up on her phone and says "this is why" and shows me. It is pulled up to the schools website. In big green letters it says clary fray has two job offers from jovanni and Sherri hill designer dress companies. "Of course" I say and pass me he phone back to izzy. I put my head in my hands. This is way too much already. Izzy is the one who loves attention. I wish I could give her the jobs.

I feel my phone vibrate. I look and see a text from Tessa. 'Hey clary. I would love too. Just let me know when and where and I will be there.' I look over at Isabelle and say "hey izzy, Magnus says if I am going to be working for designer companies I need to look like it. We are going shopping. Magnus says I have to. We are probably going after school. Do you want to come?" "Absolutely! I never thought I'd see the day when clary fray asks me to go shopping." "Ok good I will let Magnus know. I am inviting Tessa too." "Yay! This will be so much fun!" Izzy squeals. The boys groan. I text Magnus and say to pick me and izzy up from school at 3:30. Then I text Tessa and tell her 'we are going after school so meet us at the mall around 3:45-4:00'. I put my phone in my pocket as we pull up to the school.

As we are walking off the bus jace says "Are you okay? You hate shopping." "I'm fine. Honestly, It's not like I want to go but Magnus is right. I need Isabelle to go with me so I don't end up like a glitter monster or worse. Isabelle can help me look great but hopefully stay in my style range."