She's coming

I wake up. I look over. The alarm clock says January 9th, 3:00 am. I notice the bed feels wet around me. My water has just broken. Not now. Not this early. I look over and see Jace is sleeping peacefully beside me. "Jace get up" I whisper yell. He doesn't move. "Come on Jace get up," I say out loud but softly. He still stays asleep. "Sorry," I say and I shove him off the bed. He lands with a thud on the floor. He sits up. "What happened," he asks rubbing his head. I can tell he's half asleep. "The baby is coming," I say. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Really, you are going to ask me if I'm sure. My water just broke" I say. "Can't you just tell Grace to hold on till later?" he asks. "Yeah sure Jace I will just tell Grace we can't let her into this world yet we are still too tired to deal with her," I say. "Really," he asks hopefully. "No, I can't tell her to hold on. She coming and I can't stop it" I say. "Okay. I will take you over to the infirmary" he says. He comes over to me and picks me up bridal style. He carries me out of the room.

"You can sing," he says. "It's not much but I can a little," I say.

"One question," he says. "What," I ask. "How did I end up on the floor and why?" "Oh, that was because I couldn't wake you up. I tried doing it nicely but you wouldn't wake up to I just shoved you off the bed" I say. He rolls his eyes but just keeps walking to the infirmary.

He sets me down on one of the beds. "I'm going to go get Alice. Do you want me to get anyone else" he asks. I think of who else. Jonathan and mom are both at her house. Tessa is at her house. Maybe Izzy or Alec but I don't know. I don't want them to have to witness what I witnessed a few years ago. "No that's okay. You can get them all up if you want but tell them to stay outside. Just make sure to get Alice" I say. He nods and tells me he will be right back. He leaves. The contractions start not long after he leaves. Please hurry back.

Jace POV

I run up the stairs and knock on Alice's door. A minute later she comes and opens the door. "Hmm," she asks. "The baby is coming. We need you. Please, Alice" I ask. "Okay. I will be down there in just a minute" she says. I nod and leave her door.

I go over to Izzy's door. I knock on the door. She opens it. "What do you want Jace it's 3 in the morning," she says. "The baby is coming like right now," I say. "Oh my gosh. Okay give me just a minute" she says. "Okay but Izzy," I say before she shuts the door all the way. She opens it back up and looks at me. "Stay outside the infirmary," I say. "But I want to meet Grace," she says. "And you will. Just when she's born which I hope won't be long" I say. "Okay fine," she says.

I go to my room next. I grab my phone and look for Jocelyn's number. I have to get ahold of one of them for clary. I call Jocelyn. At the last second, she answers. "this better be good Jace, it's 3 am" she says sleepily. "Grace is coming. Like soon, just thought you would want to know" I say. "Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I will see if I can get the other two up but I will be there as soon as I can" she says. "Okay see you later," I say and hang up.

When I leave the bedroom I see Alice leaving hers too. She's in shorts and a t-shirt. Her hair is in a messy bun. We both head down to the infirmary.

When we get there clary has her eyes squeezed shut. She groans. "What... took you so long," she asks. "I'm back so don't worry just hold on clary," I say. She grunts. I let her hold my hand. "How far apart are the contractions," Alice asks her. "Not far. They have gotten a lot closer together" clary says. Clary groans again. "She's coming real soon. Just hold on Clary. Remember to breathe" Alice tells her. Clary nods. "What else am I supposed to do," Clary snaps.

"On the count of three I'm going to need you to push okay," Alice says. Clary nods. "Ready... 1...2...3," Alice says. Clary pushes and lets out a very loud grunt. Clary squeezes my hand so hard we both hear a very loud crack. I think she just broke my hand. "I need you to push again okay," Alice says. Clary nods and pushes.

"I can't do it, Jace," clary says. "Yes, you can angel. You can. Do it for me?" "Okay. I will try" clary says.

"Clary I need you to push again for me, okay," Alice says. "1...2...3... push," Alice says. "Jace this is all your fault," clary says through clenched teeth.

"Almost there. I'm starting to see something" Alice says. Clary pushes again but instead of breaking my hand, she punches me. It hurt too.

"One more time okay," Alice says. Clary pushes.

The next thing I know I hear a baby cry. Alice wraps her up in a small blanket. She hands her over to clary. As soon as Grace gets in clary's arms she stops crying. I see she has little tiny brown wings. She's so cute. "Hi, Grace" clary coos in her soft voice. She holds little Grace, our Grace, close to her. I can't help but smile down at my little girl. Clary leans down and kisses her little head. She's here, Grace is finally here.

I hold my arms out. Clary gives me Grace so I can hold her. She's so tiny. "I'm not ever going to let anyone hurt you, baby. I promise" I say. Grace grabs on to my thumb with her tiny hand. She opens her eyes and looks up at me. "Why are her eyes blue," I ask. "All baby's are born with blue eyes. They will change in a few months" clary says. "Clary do you want to hold her? I can go get Izzy. She wants to meet her so bad" I say. Clary nods and takes Grace from my arms.
                    I stand up and walk out of the infirmary. I notice Alec and Magnus are up too. Although they look half asleep. "Do y'all want to meet Grace?" I ask. "Of course I do. Where is she" Izzy says excitedly? I open the door and we all walk in.
                       Izzy sees Grace and clary and runs up to them. She sits on the edge of the bed next to clary. "She's so beautiful," Izzy says. "You want to hold her" Clary offers. Izzy nods. "Are you sure?" Izzy asks surprised Clary asked. Clary passes off our daughter to Izzy. Izzy carefully holds Grace in her arms. Grace closes her eyes. Grace starts whimpering a few minutes later. Alec takes grace out of his sisters' arms. "Shh... it's okay Grace. It's okay" Alec says softly. She goes quiet again. He smiles and holds her close to him. She looks up curiously at Alec. She grabs his thumb and holds on as tight as her little hand can. "She likes you, Alec," I say. He smiles and looks down at her. "Hello, little princess," he says. She keeps looking up at him. "That's not fair" Izzy whines. "Not my fault Grace likes me best," Alec says. He doesn't take his eyes off of her. "We've all been waiting for you little one," Magnus says. She looks over at Magnus.
I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I take it out. It's a text from Jocelyn. It says 'just got here. Couldn't get Jonathan or Luke up so It's just me''. "I will be right back," I say. I leave them all in the infirmary to go find Jocelyn.