It hurts

I wake up to my mouth hurting.

I still miss Grace so much. She has been gone for three days and the time for the parabatai ceremony and attack on the castle is getting closer.

I feel another sharp pain in my mouth. I wince at the pain. I start to feel tears come down. I hate crying but I can't help it when it hurts. Jace keeps saying I am fine but clearly, I am not.

Jace finally wakes up. We get dressed and go down to breakfast together.

I take a sip of my coffee and my mouth feels a little better. I take a bite of the banana and my mouth starts hurting again. "Ow" I whine. "Clary, you are fine. I am telling you. Its all in your head" Jace says. "No its all in my mouth. I'm going to go to the doctor after this" I tell him. "No there is no need for that" he says. "There is. It has been hurting for two days Jace. If you won't come with me I will have to go by myself" I tell him. I try and eat something and try to ignore the pain in my mouth. I can't help it. As much as I hate crying, especially in front of people, The pain is too much. I wipe the tears away. I take a sip of the hot coffee. It helps a little. I take my coffee mug and leave the room.

I go up to my room and sit on the small sofa. I take another sip of the coffee. I will go see the doctor later whether jace wants me to or not.

I drink the rest of my coffee my mouth feeling a little better. I dig through my sock drawer in the closet for my key to my art room. I always keep it locked. No one else knows what the room is except me and Jonathan.

I go downstairs and unlock my art room. I lock it behind me. I turn the lights on and start painting. I hope this helps me get distracted from the hurting.

I feel another sharp pain in my jaw. I put my hand to my cheek. I put the paint brush down.

I hear someone try to open the door and fail. Then they decide to knock. I go over and open the door.

Jonathan stands on the other side. Jace stands beside him. "Sorry Clary. He kept bugging me until I told him where you were and I figured you would be here" Jonathan apologizes. "What are you doing" jace asks. "Trying to get my mind off of my hurting mouth but it's not working" I tell him. "What is this room" jace asks. "You are not allowed in here. This is mine" I tell him. I shut the door and lock it again. If jace finds out about my art room he might try and make it his or take it from me. I need something that's just mine. I can't have something else taken from me.

I feel another sharp pain in my mouth. I slide down the door and sit on the floor. Tears silently run down my face.

There's another knock on the door. "Clary can you open the door? Jace is gone" I hear Jonathan say.

I stand up and open the door. "I'm going to the doctor like right now whether Jace wants me to or not. I am hurting so bad and I am tired of it" I tell him. "Okay clary, okay. You don't have to explain yourself to me. Do you want me to take you to the doctor" Jonathan asks. "I think I will be okay. I am going to go by myself. I will send someone for you or Jace if something is wrong" I tell him. He nods. "Okay clary. Just let me know if you need anything" he says. "Thanks Jonathan" I say. I give him a hug. "I am going to go hide my key from Jace and then I am leaving" I tell him. He nods. I lock my art room. I go upstairs and hide my key in my sock drawer.

I leave the castle and walk to the hospital in Alicante. Its the only place I know of to go in the city besides the silent brothers and I do not feel like going down there.

I walk in. "Queen clary, what can we do for you" one of the nurses asks. "My mouth has been killing me for a few days. Can you check on it" I ask. "Yes ma'am. Follow me to a room and I will go get the doctor" she says. She leads me back to an exam room. "I will be back with the doctor" she says. She leaves the room.