Going back to the castle

I wake up to a crying Grace. I look at the alarm clock. It says 9:20. I get out of the bed and check on her. I realize she needs a diaper change. I change her diaper and change her clothes. I put her in a little purple onesie that has a fox on it that I got from target. Jace wakes up as soon as I finish getting her ready. "Morning sunshine. Get dressed and we can go get breakfast before we go to moms house" I tell him. "It's so early" he says. "Yeah well starting tomorrow we have to go back to our old routine and get up at 8:15" I say. He groans and gets up. He goes into the bathroom. I hear the shower start and I get myself dressed and changed. When I am putting my shoes on he comes out of the bathroom dressed and ready. "Lets go" he says. "Let me just see if Alice will take Grace while we are gone" I say.

                                       I go down the hall to Alice's room. I knock on her door. She opens it. "Hey can you watch Grace for a little bit? Me and jace have to take our cars back to moms house. We were going to go somewhere for breakfast. I'm hoping Starbucks since there's one on the way" I say. "Yeah of course" she says. She takes my baby from my arms and tickles Graces little tummy. Grace giggles. "Thanks Alice" I say. "No problem. Have fun" she says. "Thanks" I tell her and walk back to our room. "Okay let's go" I say to jace. "Clary your scar is starting to disappear" he says. "Really" I ask. "Yeah" he says. "Good, I'm glad" I say.

When we get into the garage jace asks "where do you want to go to get breakfast?" "I was thinking we could go to Starbucks since it's on the way. It would be quick and easy. You could get your hot chocolate and I could get my coffee" I say. "Do they have food" he asks. "Yeah" I say. "Good we can go there then as long as they have food" he says. "Well okay then" I say happy to get my way. I get in my Ford Explorer and jace gets in his silver comaro. I pull out of the garage and jace follows.

When we get to the Starbucks there's already a line. We get in the line and he gets his hot chocolate and a bacon, egg, and Gouda sandwich. I get a black coffee and a blueberry muffin. We get our stuff and find a table. He got a tall and I got a grande. "I should have gotten a bigger one" he says. "Probably" I say.

"Jace what does Tessa do" I ask. "For a job" he asks. I nod. "She's a CEO" he says. "What company" I ask. I take a sip of my coffee. "Verizon" he says. "You're kidding" I ask. "No" he says. "Wow. That's incredible" I say. "Jem said she works from home so she rarely has to actually go in to the office" Jace says. "That's so cool" I say.

I drink the rest of my coffee. I've already finished my muffin.
The moment we step outside Starbucks there are paparazzi everywhere.

They are all saying my name and different things I can't make out. Jace takes my hand and looks down at me. I smile up at him and we both walk to our cars. I get in mine and jace in his.

I call his phone. "Hey how did they find us, more specifically you" he asks. "I have no idea. I don't even know why I am back with the paparazzi trying to find me" I say. "Me neither. Lets just go to Jocelyn and Luke's. How do we get there from here" he asks. "I will show you. Just follow me. We should be safe at moms house" I say. "Okay, you lead" he says. "Okay" I say and hang up. I pull out of Starbucks. I put on the song wanted dead or alive by bon jovi.

   I step out of my car I find out the paparazzi followed us. I just try and ignore them as I make walk into moms house. Jace comes in behind me and I close and lock the door.

                                      "What in the world you guys" Luke asks. "I'm not going outside unless we are in moms car" I say. "Um... Okay" he says. We go in the kitchen where mom and Jonathan are. Jonathan is sitting at the table eating fruit loops. I see his bag on the floor. "Are you guys ready to go back to the castle" mom asks. "Not Really but we better start trying to fix this mess up before it gets worse" Jace says. "What was going on outside. You two cane running in the house" mom says. "Uh Yeah. Remember how I had that interview and photo shoot and it was on the website" I say. She nods. "Well we went to Starbucks for breakfast and when we walked out there was paparazzi everywhere. It was like high school all over again. When we got here they had followed us" I say. "Wow okay" mom says. "Wait high school all over again" Jonathan asks confused. "Yeah when I first took the job as a designer the news spread like wildfire. We would get off the bus and paparazzi would be there" I tell him. "Wow" he says.