Lucy

I wake up to the sun coming through the curtains. I stretch and get out of the bed. I am now 4 months pregnant and I am showing barely. You can only tell I'm pregnant if you know that. I'm glad that I can still wear most of my normal clothes, in about a month or two I will have to start wearing my maternity clothes.

I look through my closet for something to wear today. I put on some black leggings, a cream and blue colored plaid shirt and some converse. I get ready for the day then go down to breakfast.

It's really quiet and lonely here at the castle without jace here

It's really quiet and lonely here at the castle without jace here. I know Alice feels the same way just without Jonathan. I can tell she has been more quiet lately. I can see it in her eyes that she misses him. Today is their anniversary, October the 15th. I miss Jonathan and Jace too.

"Good morning ma'am" one of the servants says as she places my breakfast meal infront of me. "Good morning Brooke" I say to the servant girl. "Hows the baby doing" she asks. "Good I guess. I just wish I can find out what gender it is, but I guess I will have to wait until its born" I say. "I can go send for miss loss" she offers.  "It's all right Brooke, no need to get her. I will just wait" I say. "Yes ma'am" she says.

I eat my breakfast and drink my coffee in peace. After breakfast I go to the office and do some work. I type in Lucys number in the office phone. It rings about three times then I hear, "Hello?" "Hi Lucy, its clary" I say. "Hey clary, how is Alice" she asks. "Not good, she been quiet and sad lately" I tell her. "That's not good, what can I do" she asks. "I was wondering if you could come to Idris? She asked a while ago if you could come and I told her no. We don't let mundanes into Idris unless they are coming to work for me at the castle then they never really go back to the mundane world. I guess what I'm trying to say is I would bring you here for about a week so you and Alice can spend some time together" I say. "I'd love to. I miss her. Can I ask my parents first" she asks. "Of course. Then call this number back and let me know what they say. If they say yes I will come get you. But you should know, no technology works here. So I wouldn't be counting on using your phone or anything here" I say. "Oh, okay. Let me ask my parents then I will call you back" she says. "Okay" I say. "When would you pick me up" she asks. "I was hoping as soon as possible" I tell her. "Okay. Let me ask my parents and I will call you back" she says. "Thanks Lucy" I say. "No problem I'll call you right back" she says. "Okay, if I don't answer it's because I'm either away from my desk or busy so just leave me a message and I will call you back" I tell her. "Okay that's fine" she says. "Bye lucy" I say. "Bye Clary" she says. I hang up the phone and work on the reports for the institutes.

The phone rings. "Hello this is Clary" I answer. "Hey Queen Clary it's Tara Whiteriver how are you" she asks. "I'm all right how are you" I ask. "I'm good. I got the letter you sent me. You're sending me someone to live here" she asks. "Yeah, his name is Corey Kingsmill. He is coming for his study year. After the year is over will he decide where he really wants to move to" I say. "I will take all the help we can get over here. Demons are starting to attack more. Most of the people here have left to go fight for the princess" she tells me. "I know. I'll see if I can get you anymore people to stay there but I can't promise anything. My mom and James carstairs are still living in New York too if you need them" I say. "Thanks, when is he going to arrive? You didn't put that in the letter" she asks. "Probably within the next few days. I know he wanted to start it as soon as he can. He said he hasn't been out of Idris before" I tell her. "Oh. I love this city. There's so much to do here. The institute is so big and beautiful. I hope you don't mind I got myself a cat to keep here with me" she says. "I don't mind. I have two dogs, so I know pets are good little companions. I will see what I can do to help you" I say.