What do I do?

3 weeks later       

I wake up at 8:30. I get my crutches and go into the kitchen. I make myself some cereal and eat. I go back in my room and brush my teeth and make the bed. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I don't want to wrestle with changing. I'm liking being in sweat pants so I'll stay in these. I go in they living room and start watching Netflix.

I hear a knock on the front door a few minutes later. I'm not expecting anyone. Jace still has my key so he can just get in.

I go open it and see Reagan. "Clary. I haven't seen you in a long time. How's your leg? Oh my gosh what happened to your face and arm?!" I look down and see the little scar in my arm.

She walks in and we go to the living room. I pretend like I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. "Hold on I need to take this" I say and walk into the kitchen. I take out my phone and call jace. "Hey clary" I hear. "Hey, Reagan just showed up at my house. She asked about my scar on my face. What do I tell her?" There is a long pause before he says "hold on." I wait for a minute hen he says "okay. Sorry, I was training with Alec. Well, you should tell her you got kidnapped. Don't tell her everything that happened and all the details just that. Your going to have to tell her some time." "I know. I just... I just don't know how." "Just tell her you got kidnapped and got hurt. I'm sure she will understand. If she asks what they did to you just say you don't like to talk about it." "That sounds easy enough. Thanks." "No problem. Love you." "Love you too" I say and hang up.

I go into the living room and sit next to Reagan. "Who was that"she asks me. "It was just Jace." "Is everything okay?" "Yeah, he was just checking on me" I had to lie to her.

"Oh ok. So what happened to you? I called and texted you but I didn't hear from you for a long time." I sigh and say "okay, I'm sorry. I couldn't. Um... the reason why I didn't answer your calls and texts for a while was because I got kidnapped for 3 or 4 days I can't remember. It was awful. I got hurt and broke my leg really bad as well as my foot and got this scar on my face and arm." She looks shocked. "Oh my gosh clary. I'm so sorry. I'm glad your ok. How did you get away?" I did not prepare for that question. What do I say? "Umm well... someone saved me. I don't remember all the details well. I was not the best me when I was saved. I was hurt badly but he saved me."

"I'm glad your alright. Now for the reason I came,.... they want the designs. Do you have them?" "Yeah I do. I will go get them" I say and go to the office. I grab my sketchbook off the desk. I really need to make this look more like an office. Right now there is just a desk and a chair. I take my sketchbook and go back to the living room and sit down. I prop my leg up on the table and open it and pull out the designs.

"Here. I got these done. I hope it is good enough." She takes them and says "I will give it to them. I'm sure they will take it. How did you get that scar on your face?" "I don't really like to talk about it" I say. She nods and says "I understand. I was just curious. I hope your leg gets better." "Thanks" I says and I let her out.

Man I hope they take those designs. I didn't have much time to work on them since I was unable to do them for a long time. It took time for my arm to heal and then I had surgery and it took even longer for me to heal after that.

It sure is quiet and lonely in this big house. Maybe now I can get a dog. I should get my paycheck tomorrow. I text Jace and say 'hey I kind of need my key. Where can I meet you to get it? I will make you a copy of it.' I get a text saying 'ok. Java Jones?' I text back and say 'yeah. See you soon.' I take my crutches and get off the couch. I change into some jeans and a blue long sleeve t shirt and scarf.

I get my car keys and head over to java Jones

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I get my car keys and head over to java Jones. I get there and order a black coffee. Jace walks in a few minutes later and sits down with me. "How did it go with Reagan this morning?" He asks me and I say "it was fine. She understood like you said she would." "Good" he says.

I take a sip of my coffee. "You know it's quiet in the house without anyone" I say and he smirks. "You want me back red" he teases. I roll my eyes and keep drinking my coffee.

He takes out his keys and takes off my key and hands it to me. "Thanks. I will make you a copy so we don't have to keep sharing one." He chuckles and says "okay. How's your leg?" "Same.  I'm pretty sure there is not a broken bone rune is there." "Unfortunately no. I wish I could do something to help" he says and I smile. "Thanks but it's ok. It's just a pain in the butt. So what did you do earlier?" "Not much. Just trained with Alec mostly. What did Reagan come for?" "She wanted the drawings for Work."

I drink some more of my coffee then say "What do you think of me quitting and staring my own brand?" He looks shocked. Then he says "well I don't know. I don't know much about it. I know it would be a lot of work. I know you can do it though. You'd be good at it. And you could do things on your own time too." "That's true. Thanks. If it gets good enough I could get izzy to be my model. She would make a perfect one." "Yes she would. I know you can do it. It all just depends on if you really do it or not." I finish my coffee. "Thanks. I love you" I say as we both stand up to leave. "I love you too" he says and kisses me. We get in our cars and I head over to the animal shelter and he heads on the road heading to the institute.

Better together (a clace fan fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें