A visitor

Clary POV

I scroll through my phone for the number that my old boss called me from. "Hello," he answers. "Rick? It's Clary. I will do the interview and photoshoot" I tell him. "You will? That's great. People will be excited to hear and see about you again. So has your husband come from France yet" he asks. "Yes, he has" I answer. "That's good. So when do you want to do everything" he asks. "As soon as possible we may not be staying in New York much longer," I say. "Okay then how about tomorrow morning I set up someone to meet you, let's say at java Jones, then at night if I could have you and possibly your husband come somewhere for the photoshoot," he says. "That sounds good. Where would the photoshoot be" I ask? "I will have to find somewhere. What if I get Reagan to text you the address" he asks. "That sounds good do I need to bring clothes," I say. "No, we will have some for you. What number should I give her" he asks. "You can give her this number," I tell him. "Okay, that's easy enough. I won't be at the interview but I will see if I have time to go to the photoshoot tomorrow. Bye Clary" he says. "Bye rick," I tell him.  He hangs up.

I go and sit in the library. It's quiet. "Hey, you want to go train," I ask Jace. "Yeah sure let's go," He says. We go down to the training room. "Want to spar," he asks. "Yeah sure, why not," I say.

We spar for a while then the door flies open and Jonathan runs in. "Where can I hide," he asks looking really nervous. "Why what did you do," Jace asks. "I made Isabelle mad," he says."You're in trouble now. It's dangerous to make her mad. You can hide up there" I say pointing to the beam about 25 feet up. He nods and scurries up the pole and on the beam.

Isabelle comes in. "Where is he" she snarls. Neither of us says anything. "I saw him come in here. You tell me right now where he is" she snarls again. We still don't say anything. She looks around. "Well, I'm going to sit over here and see what happens," I say. I go sit up high on a beam in the air. "Not that I don't care what you are about to kill my brother and all Isabelle, but what did he do," I ask her. "He spilled his berry smoothie all over my brand new white top. Berry doesn't come out of clothes. Now he dies, again" she says. "Fair enough," I tell her. Jace joins me on the beam. "Come out come out Jonathan," Isabelle says trying to get him to come out like she is playing hide and seek with a kid or an animal.

She looks around some more. She cracks her whip. I hear a tiny sound come from where Jonathan is. It sounds like a yelp. "Found ya," she says. She jerks her whip up and wraps it around his ankle. She pulls and he goes falling down 25 feet and lands flat on his stomach. It sounds like it hurts too. She rolls him over so he's laying on his back with her foot holding him down. "Now that you caught me can you get me a cheeseburger? Extra pickles" he asks. "You think you're funny," she says unamused. He smirks and says "I think I'm adorable." She yanks her whip and Jonathan goes flying across the room hitting the wall. He gets up and tries to run out of the room but she blocks the exit and shuts the door. He slowly backs up. "Hold on iz, did he do it on purpose," Jace asks. "Yes," she snarls again. She tackles my brother.

When she's done beating up Jonathan she leaves the training room without saying a word. I jump down. I see he has a bruise on his cheek but other than that he looks fine.

We all walk upstairs. I go check on Grace since she was taking a nap. She's awake. "Hi, little girl. You ready to go see the others" I say smiling at her. I pick her up. "Let's go see cookie," I say. I take her from the room. I take her down the stairs.

I look out the window and see cookie and bear playing outside. I take her outside. She starts squealing when she sees cookie. Cookie comes over and tickles Grace with her nose. Grace squeals again. "Come on guys lets go on inside," I tell them and open the door. Bear and cookie run inside.

I go into the kitchen and start making myself a sandwich for lunch. I take a bite. I hear the doorbell ring. I have no idea who that is. I just keep eating my sandwich. If someone needs me they will come to get me. "Uhh Clary, you are needed" I hear magnus say. "What is it now Magnus? Can't you see I'm eating" I ask. "Yes I can. And you are doing a very good job with that. We just need you in the library" he says. I sigh and set down my sandwich. It was a good sandwich too. Ham cheese and ketchup, all the good stuff. I follow Magnus to the library with Grace in my arms.

When the doors open I don't expect to see what I see. I see Simon in the middle of the room talking to Isabelle. Jace, Maryse, Jonathan, and Alec are all in here too.

"Oh hi clary. Hi baby" Simon says and smiles when he sees me. "Hi Simon. Say hi Grace" I say. I make it so she can see him. I wave her little hand. "So Simon, not that I'm not happy to see you but why are you here" I ask. "It's about the castle. But first, how have you guys been" he asks. "We've all been good Simon. Grace was born a few days after we got here. It's been a nice little vacation but it's gone by so fast" I say. "I'm sure" he says. "I notice you are wearing a guards uniform so does that mean you are ready for ascension" I ask. "Yeah. Josten said I was ready. He let me start helping as a guard a couple of days ago" he says. "That's cool you know it's not for another month right" I ask. "Yeah I know" he says.

  "Lets get to the why you're really here part please" Maryse asks. "Well it's the clave. They have completely taken over the castle" Simon says. "We gave them permission to do that while we were gone" Jace says. "But I don't think you have them permission to do the things they have been doing" he says. "What do you mean" I ask. "They have taken over. They have let just anybody stay in the castle. It has made more demands on everyone who works at the castle. They also put a stupid curfew for anyone's who lives in Idris. They can't be outside past 7:30. If they are they are put in Jostens prison cells. There's already like 10 people in there and it's driving Josten crazy. True 10 people aren't a lot but he has better and more important things to do than to watch over innocent people who have been put in prison for being outside of their own houses. A couple of people were out because they were going demon hunting and they couldn't find even do that" Simon says. "Have you seen these people Simon" Alec asks. "Yeah I have. I was put in the prisons to guard one of the cells one day. It was sad to see" Simon answers. "They haven't hurt them have they" Jace asks. "Not exactly but it's not necessarily the thing you want to see, innocent people being put in jail because of their jobs or just because they wanted to go out. I'm not quite sure what exactly I was guarding but I mean I guess it's better than some of the other guarding things" Simon says.

"Did you know about this mom" Isabelle asks. "I did" Maryse answers. "Why didn't you tell us" I ask her. "Because the clave needs to realize what they have done and been doing. There's a reason why they don't have the power anymore and people wanted someone different. And I didn't want you guys to worry about it" she says.

"Yeah. So I am asking you guys if you could cut your vacation a few days short" Simon asks. "Yeah might as well put the people in Idris out of their misery" Jace says. "Just give us like 2 days Simon and we will all head back" I say. Simon nods and says "can I stay here with you guys at least until you go back?" "Oh sure Simon and you can stay with me. Do you have any clothes though" Isabelle asks him. "No I don't I just kinda left" he says. "You can have some of my clothes" Alec says. "Thanks Alec" Simon says.

Bear and cookie strut in the room. They stop when they see Simon. They both start growling. "Who's dogs" Simon asks. "Luke gave them to me and Jace" I say. "So now you have three dogs" Simon says. "Yeah but chrissie has always been clary's" Jace says. Cookie and bear continue to growl at Simon. If Simon were to try and touch Grace cookie would probably loose it.

"Oh and one more thing, we kinda moved Graces bedroom" Simon says. "Where did you move it" Jace asks. "That tower that has your room. We made a room in there. We moved her stuff all in there" Simon says.

  "Hey jace can I talk to you" I ask. "Yeah sure" he says. I leave them all in the library. Jace follows me. "I am doing the interview in the morning and the photo shoot tomorrow night if you want to come to the photo shoot" I tell him. "Yeah I do" he says.

"Wait what interview and photo shoot" I hear Alice ask me. I turn around and she and Jonathan are there staring at both of us. "Remember when my old boss asked me if I would do an interview and a photo shoot" I ask Alice. She nods. "I set it up so I'm doing both tomorrow. The interview in the morning and the photo shoot sometime at night" I tell them. "I want to hear how this all goes then" Jonathan says. "I want to see the pictures" Alice says. "I have some of the pictures from the last photo shoot on my phone" I say. "There was one before" they both ask. "Yeah the one when the both of us were in Italy" Jace says. "Can I see" Alice asks. "Yeah" I say. I look through my phone and find some of the pictures Reagan sent me. I never got rid of her number. "Ooh those are good pictures" she says. "Yeah" Jace says.

"Clary, quick question, when is ascension" Alice asks me. I see this question confuses Jonathan. "In March but you wouldn't be ready by then, you would have to wait till the next one in two years" I say. "Wait you are planning on ascending" Jonathan asks. She takes a deep breath and says "yes Jonathan." He grabs her hand and pulls her down the hall.