A day with jace

I wake up to my alarm going off. I turn it off and walk into the bathroom. I see a brush on the counter. It looks brand new. I take it out of the package and start brushing through my tangles. I put my hair in a high ponytail. I know it won't stay up for long because jace always takes it down.

Last night was great. I feel so much more relaxed. I put my clothes I came in back on. I put my flip flops on. I will change into some boots or tennis shoes when I get to the institute. My phone starts ringing. It is jace. "Hey jace"I greet. "Hey clary, where are you?" "I'm at Tessa's house. I spent the night here she is going to drop me off at the institute later. You aren't supposed to pick me up till 11:00ish" I say. "I know. I called your mom and she said you weren't there. I got worried." "Of course you did. I'm fine I promise." "Okay. I trust you. I will see you when you get here. I love you." "I love you too. See you later. Bye Jace." "Bye" he says and I hang up. I will tell him about the photo shoot later. I put my phone in my pocket and walk downstairs.

I go into the living room and see Tessa sitting on the couch reading. "Is that a tale of two cities?" "Yeah. It's one of my favorites. Have you read it?" "Yeah but it's been a while. I have to read it for school too." "That will be great you will like it. Are you hungry?" "Yeah a little" she gets up and we walk to the kitchen. "What were you wanting? You can help yourself to anything." I pull out a pancake mix out of a cabinet and we start mixing the ingredients. Jem comes in and says "hey you two. Ooh your making pancakes." I make a large stack of pancakes and we sit at the table and eat them.

"So what do you have planned for today clary?" Jem asks me. "Jace is taking me somewhere. He won't tell me where and what all we are doing though. He told me the first thing is horseback riding." "It must be a herondale thing to love riding" Tessa says. I add another pancake to my plate and start eating. "What about y'all?" "Well I'm working," Tessa says "and I'm just hanging around here" Jem finishes.

"One thing you should know clary, when jace says he loves you he means it" Tessa says. "Yeah clary I promise he does. No other family that I know of does more for the people they love. You may have your doubts at times we both did with Will but he was always there for us and always cared for us." "Thanks guys. There are times I am not always sure. Like the first time I went to Alicante, he didn't know I was there he saw me and was so mad. He realized what he had done after I left the house and punched a window and hurt his hand and Alec made him heal like a mundane no rune or anything. He eventually apologized in the end. When he came back he met Grant my boyfriend at the time and his protection mode turned on. When we broke up he said he was always waiting and would always be here for me. I am kind of glad me and Grant broke up because jace loves me much more." They both nod. Jem says "yep that's the Herondale in him." We all finish our pancakes. I go up to my room and grab my swimsuit bag and walk down to the door and put it in the trunk of Tessa's car.

Apparently the house is grey. I just couldn't see it with it dark outside last night. It's pretty. I walk back in and see the two of them and say "I didn't know the house was grey. It's pretty, I like it." "Yeah it came like that" Tessa says. She grabs some water out of the fridge and says "ready to go back to the institute?" "Yep" I say and hug jem bye. We walk out to her car and go to the institute.

We arrive at the institute in 30 minutes. "Thanks Tessa. This was fun. I will see you Friday." "No problem. See you Friday." I close the car door and head into the institute. As I am going up the elevator I text my mom and say 'hey mom. I am fine I promise I just got to the institute and am going to spend the day with Jace. I love you.' The elevator opens and I head into my room to change clothes and shoes. I change into a red t shirt and jeans and some white tennis shoes. I open my door and walk back and sit on my bed.

I grab the copy of a tale of two cities that came from the library. I open it and see "with hope at last William Herondale." What did he write that for? I take a picture of the writing and send it to Tessa saying 'what is this?' She texts back and says 'I have the rest of the letter. I will bring it and show it to you Friday on the plane. It will prove some of what me and James were talking about this morning. Bring the book too.' There was a letter? I take the book and walk over to the greenhouse and sit down on the top step of the spiral staircase and start reading it again. I get a text from Jace saying 'where are you?' 'In the greenhouse.' I continue to read and he walks in about 3 minutes later. "There you are, I've been wondering when you were coming back." "Well I'm back" I say. "You ready to go?" He asks me.  "Yeah will you at least tell me what we are doing" I ask but he just shakes his head and says "nope it's a surprise but I promise you will like it." I set the book down on the stairs and stand up. We walk out of the greenhouse and the institute.

We ride in a cab to some place called bell farm. There is nobody here. There are nothing but big green fields and woods. I see two horses tied up to a tree. "Come on I'll show you" jace says and takes my hand and leads me towards the horses. "Jace, I know how to ride but I'm not good I must tell you." He smiles and says "It's ok. I will be right here. You will be fine. This is cookie" he says pointing to a dark brown horse "and this is biscuit." Biscuit is a white horse. I start petting biscuit. He gets on cookie and I get on biscuit.

We start walking. I haven't done this in forever so I hope I don't fall off. "You want to go faster?" I nod my head. I trust him. "Okay hold on to the reigns and squeeze your legs and stay seated. Remember to keep your heels down too so you don't fall off. Here watch." He starts cantering. I do it too. This is a lot more fun than I thought it would be. We ride side by side till jace stops and biscuit does too. "What do you mean you can't ride? Your doing great. There is a surprise for you in the woods come on." He says and we both just walk riding into the woods. "So what do you think so far" he asks. "This is fun. Why are you doing this though?" "Well, I missed a lot while I was gone. I needed to make it up. I also figured you needed a break from everything." "I did. This is great. I love it and I love you jace Herondale." He smiles and we keep walking in the woods. He stops and gets off cookie and says "we are here." He walks over to me and helps me off biscuit.

"Sorry to break it to you but we are nowhere this is the middle of the woods." "Have a little faith in me" he says and blows some of the trees apart to show a beautiful patch of grass, rivers, a pond and a water fall. It looks like something you would see in a movie or in a dream. "Oh jace," I gasp, "it's beautiful. You did this for me?" He looks at me and says "absolutely I love you clary. I needed to make up for my lost time. I made all of this for you." This is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. Nobody has ever done something like this for me. It just makes me love him more. We go sit down next to the pond and I say "why are your wings grey? I mean I like them but why grey?" He shrugs and says "I don't know. I didn't get to choose the color. Raziel just told me he was giving me wings and powers." "Oh. Thank you for doing this for me. It is beautiful. Nobody has ever done something this special for me before" I tell him. "Well you are special clary and you deserve it. All of it." I blush.

"I have something to tell you about Italy." "What is it?" "Well, I got the schedule for me in Italy as you know. I told Michael, the one in charge of Sherri hill who is sending us, that I am bringing Tessa, Jem, you, and Isabelle. I also told him to send the limo to pick us up at my house. He replied last night and said that he would send the address to the limo driver. He also said that he was glad you are coming and that he wants you at the photo shoot Saturday after we arrive in Italy." He looks confused and says "why?" " I don't know. He just said he wants you to come so we can get some pictures together and put it in the magazine when they introduce me as their new designer." "Okay..." he says still not quite sure why he is going but I guess he will come anyway.

"I got you something" jace says. "Something else? Jace this is already perfect you don't have to get me anything else." "Oh but I do. I missed your birthday. I had to get you something." "Jace" I cock my head and say "this is perfect enough I promise I don't expect anything else."