Takis

We are all at the bottom of the stairs and I tell them my mom is coming. "That would be great I haven't seen her in a long time" Maryse says. I smile and jace holds my hand. We all turn and go down the elevator and out the front door. We all head over to takis.

It is about a 3 minute walk from the institute. As we walk jace tells me "ya know I have thought about what you said I could do tomorrow." I look at him as we walk and say "yeah? What did you decide?" He looks down at me and says "yes. I will go to mundane school with you izzy, and Simon. Considering the majority of y'all with be there." I smile big. "Oh Jace that's great! I can't wait! I don't have many classes with izzy but whatever you want to do is perfectly fine with me." I am so excited to have Jace go to school with me.

                      We reach takis and walk inside. It's good that it's not far from the institute and you can walk not far there. Apparently we arrive at the same time as my mom because she is standing at the door inside getting us a table. When the waitress leaves to go push some tables together mom turns around and gives me a hug then she turns to jace and her face lights up and she pulls him in a big hug and says "oh jace it's good to have you back, we all missed you." When she releases him he smiles and says "it's good to be back Mrs. Fray."

                 We all go to a the 3 tables the waitress pushed together for us. We sit down, Maryse at the head and to her left Alec Isabelle and mom and to her right me and jace. I am sitting across from mom. Mom looks at jace and asks"so exactly how did you come back jace? I mean clary didn't tell me that part." He looks at me then back at my mom and tells the whole story about how he died and with Raziel, all of the begging and how he eventually got on Raziel's last nerve enough to let him come back and that now here he is. My mom laughs when he finishes. "Of course you did that to that poor angel. I see you aren't any different even in heaven than on earth. And that is not a bad thing. We really did miss you. Thank you for coming back." He smiles and says "of course, it was way to lonely up there anyway."

We all laugh and the waitress comes to take our order. I get a water and 3 coconut pancakes. When she leaves to put in our order I look towards izzy. She is saying something to Alec I can't hear. When she is done I say "izzy you know how we have school tomorrow right?" "Yeah unfortunately I do" she says. "Well I finished the last drawing for fashion design class and am going to email it to her tonight so she can sew it tonight for the fashion show for you to wear Wednesday." "Yay! I can't wait I bet it will look great! What color is it?" "It is a long blue dress. I figured you would like that with some tall silver heels." Her face lights up with excitement. "I love it it will look so gorgeous. Can you show me the drawing when we get back to the institute?" "Yeah of course izzy." "Yay!" "And guess who else will be at school tomorrow?" I ask her and jace looks at me and smirks with that adorable smirk of his. Isabelle looks confused so she asks me who. I tell her "when jace came to find me in the greenhouse. We talked and I told him he could either come to school with us and Simon tomorrow or stay home and be bored to death with Alec back at the institute. On the walk down here he told me he would come with us since most of us would be gone to school anyway and we wants to see what mundane high school is like." I can tell Isabelle is happy about this but Alec is not because Alec says "hey! I am not boring and I wanted to see you dude." He turns to Maryse and asks her "so does this mean I am going to have to start mundane school too?" She shrugs and says "not if you don't want to. Besides your 18 so technically you would be a senior in high school so this would be your last year." He looks relieved. "Oh thank the angel" we all laugh as the waitress brings us our food and I dig in to my pancakes. I look over to see what Jace got and he got a big mountain of nachos. I'm sure he is going to devour that in a minute like he did everything else in the kitchen.

    Maryse says "jace I hope you eat enough
tonight because I have to go to the grocery store and buy food because you bate everything. I literally mean everything." We all look at him as he is eating his nachos. Me, Alec, and izzy exchange glances and shake our heads because we know this is most likely not going to happen. "Feel free to come and clean out our kitchen. We have a ton of leftovers that we need to get rid of" mom says.

   I start on my second pancake and see Jace is almost done with his mountain and my eyes go wide. That was really fast. Once he eats his last nacho and licks the salsa off of his finger. He looks at my last 2 pancakes and asks me "are you going to eat your third one?" I look at it and I pick up my third one and put it on his plate and finish my last one on my plate. I can't believe he is eating so much. I am going to have to pack he biggest lunch I can in a ziplock bag for the both of us for tomorrow.

   We all finish and I insist on paying since it was my idea to go here. As we walk out jace hugs me and says he will meet me on the bus tomorrow for school. I get in moms car and we head home.

I freeze because I remember I will see Grant tomorrow and Jace who is supposed to be dead is going to be with me. What am I going to tell him? I am so nervous. How will they both react to seeing each other? Oh this is going to be interesting. We pull up at the apartment and I get out and head in. Luke is still not home so I go into my room and decide to take a shower. I shower and change into some pajamas. I go look at my alarm it is 10:00 and I am starting to get a little sleepy and I know I will be so tired in the morning so I go out in the hall and find my mom and tell her goodnight and head into my bedroom and fall asleep.