a new friend

I walk into the animal shelter and a lady is behind a desk. "Hi. How can I help you?" She asks. "I am looking for a trained dog that is also potty trained." "Okay. Follow me" she says and we head through some doors and down a hallway. We go in a room filled with cages. "All of these dogs are potty trained and have basic training." She tells me. I look down the row of dogs in the cages. I find a cute black and white dog that looks happy. It is wagging its tail.

"I like this one" I say and the lady comes over. "That is chrissie. She's a border collie." She lets her out of her cage. Chrissie comes over to to me and sniffs me. She wags her tail and looks up at me with sweet eyes. "Sit chrissie" I say and she does. "Shake" I say and hold out my hand and she obeys. "She's perfect" I say to the lady. "Good. I'm glad you like her." She puts Chrissie in her cage and we walk out of the room. "Do you need to buy do supplies?" I nod and we go into  another room filled with dog supplies. It has food, bowls, leashes, collars, and beds. I get everything I need which is one of each of these things. I go buy everything and she helps me put everything in my car. "You will also need a tag for her" she says and we go to the room and I make a tag for chrissie. I go pay for chrissie and the tag. She goes back to get chrissie and puts her new collar and tag on her. We put her in the car. "Thank you for helping. I appreciate it" I say. "My pleasure. Take good care of her." "I will" I say and get in the car and head home.

We get home and I lead her inside. She starts walking around and looks around her new home. I get everything out of the car. I struggle with the food though. Why is it so heavy? I set the her food in the kitchen along with two bowls. I put her dog bed on the floor in my bedroom. Chrissie walks in as I am making myself lunch. I pull out another few pieces of cheese for my lunch and give her one of them and put the others on the bread for my lunch. I add tomato and oregano on top and stick it in the oven. I pull out my phone and go to amazon. I order a computer for my office and some dog treats and toys for chrissie. I hear a nock on the front door and chrissie runs to it and barks.

That is weird. I'm not expecting anyone. I walk in the dining room and peek out the window. I look out and see izzy. What is she doing here? I go to the door and say "chrissie! It's ok." I open he door and say "hey izzy. What are you doing here?" I say and she walks in. "I just really need another girl to hang out with. Boys are annoying me. Why is there a dog here?" She says. I laugh and say "I understand, they annoy me too sometimes. Izzy, this is chrissie my new dog." Her face light up and she says "oh my angel clary! You got a dog?! When?" "An hour ago. I got her from the animal shelter not far from here. I just made myself some lunch. Do you want me to make you some?"

She nods and we go into the kitchen. She sits at the bar stools by the counter. I check on my lunch and pull it out of the oven. "What is that?" She asks me. "I'm not sure what to call it but it is bread, cheese, tomato, and oregano. It's pretty good." "Hm. I'll try it." I hand her a little pinch of one of my pieces and she try's it. "That's good. Can you make me some?" I nod my head and put my pieces on a plate and start making hers. "How many do you want" I ask her and she says 4. I start making hers.

I put them in the oven and I say "you know you could have just asked me to come over to the institute." "Yeah, but I really need to get away from them. They are annoying." "Yeah I know" I say and laugh. "What did you want to do?"I ask her. She shrugs. I hand her a piece of cheese. "What do I do with this?" She asks and I say "well you can either eat it or give it to chrissie, she likes cheese." She giggles a little and gives it to chrissie. My new dog is looking up at Izzy Wagging her tail.

We sit down in the dining room to eat lunch. "So izzy, I was wondering, what do you think if I quit my job at Sherri hill and start my own business?" A look of surprise comes to her face. "But don't you like Sherri hill? I mean I love the idea." "Yes I like my job at Sherri hill but it's become a lot lately. If you know what I mean. I think it might be good for myself to do something different. I will open my own clothing line and do something other than dresses." She thinks about what I said for a while. I finish my food. "I like that idea. You would be really good at it" she finally says. "Oh good. I'm glad you like the idea. If I do do it I would like you to work with me." Her face lights up and she says "oh my gosh really?! I would love to!"