The fashion show

I get up and put on a black top and skirt with some sandals. I already know today is going to be a long crazy day. I put my hair in a French braid and look in my closet for something to wear during the fashion show because I know she will want the designers of the dresses to come out as well. I pull out a dress bag with a pretty long green dress that mom and Luke got me for my birthday. I guess I will wear this for the fashion show. I lay it on my bed. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth and make my bed.

After I make my bed I head to the kitchen. Mom and Luke are already in there. They both tell me good morning.

After that they start talking to each other in French. I don't know if it is to tease me or teach me or what but I can tell this is going to get old fast since I can only say a few words in French. I can't wait to start actually learning it with Simon and jace.

I push a cinnamon pop tart in the toaster. I hear a knock on the front door. I forgot that me and Simon are going to walk to school again like normal. I walk to the door and let him in. He looks at me and says "I like walking to school better than riding the bus." I smile and say "me too." We walk to the kitchen and I start eating my cinnamon pop tart. "Hi Simon how are you?" My mom asks Simon seeing him walk in the kitchen behind me. "I'm doing good how are you?" "I'm doing good thanks." She turns to Luke and says something in French and he just laughs and says something else in reply. Simon looks at me confused and mouths 'why are they speaking French? They know we can't understand them.' I just shrug and take my last bite of pop tart and grab my lunch out of the fridge. I jog to my bedroom and grab my backpack and dress and go to where Simon is waiting for me. "Bye guys" I call as we head out the front door.

On our walk to school Simon sees the dress bag and asks "what is that?" "It's a dress for me to wear because I'm sure that during the fashion show Mrs. Atkinson will want the designers to come out." "Oh, that makes since. Can I see it?" I pull the zipper down and he sees the green dress. "Oh that will look great on you. Send me a picture ok." I say "ok" just as we make it to school.

When we get to first period I see Jace already in there. Me and Simon tell him about mom and Luke talking in French to each other this morning. He laughs. All I say is "this is going to get old fast if I don't learn French soon." "Don't sorry you will" is all he says back. It's a good thing we are starting tomorrow after school. The teacher comes in and starts talking in French like mom and Luke this morning.

There is a knock on the door and Mrs. Atkinson asks for me in the hallway. I go out and she says "you are getting out of your 5th period so we can work on the dresses. And during the show I will have all of he designers come out so did you bring a dress?" "Yes ma'am it is in the classroom do you want me to go get it?" "Yes could you? That would be great." I walk inside the French room and grab the bag with the green dress, I can feel everyone watching me but I ignore them, and go back out to give it to her. "Thank you clary I will go tell Isabelle that she will be allowed to get out for her 5th period as well." Before she turns and walks away I ask her "for 5th and 6th period and after school where do you want me to go?" "Come to the classroom first. 5th period we will work on the dresses and 6th period we will walk over to the gym where the show will be and we will have all the models practice walking down the runway. After school we will get everything set up." "Thank you" I say and walk back in the French classroom.

We have about 3 minutes left of class. Good, I wasn't gonna understand anything anyway. That's why I have to have a tutor and that tutor being jace since mom, Luke, and the lightwoods wouldn't help.

When class ends, me Simon and jace walk together to English. "What did she say?" Jace asks me. "She just said I get out of 5th period. So that means you and Grant will be all alone working together in yearbook. You will have to figure out something to do. I'm sure the teacher will let you join our team. I'm the head of it anyway." "Will you and Izzy be at lunch?" Simon asks me. "I'm sure. I mean we have to eat something. I just wonder what we will do for dinner."

When we reach the English room izzy walks up to me with a big smile on her face and says "we get out of class 5th period. I've never been so happy to miss a class. I'm supposed to have a quiz today." Grant looks shocked like he didn't know about this because he says "what are we going to do about yearbook? I'm not in charge you are. This is going to be a disaster!" I smile and say "no it's not. You will be fine. Just do what you always see me do. You will have jace too to help you. Just show him what to do." He says ok but sounds unsure. We all go walk to our seats and sit down and the teacher starts the lesson. There is no homework today in this class because of the fashion show.

Art class goes by too fast. I decide to paint my little heart out. I'm so stressed and worried about tonight. What if the people don't like my dresses? What if something goes wrong with the dresses at the last minute? I'm so stressed. Painting and sketching always helps when I'm stressed.

5th period comes at last. I go into the yearbook room so that the teacher knows I have permission to be out of class. I get Grant started and tell him what I was planning to do today before I knew I could get out. I tell him and Jace I am just a few doors to the left if he needs anything. They both say thanks and I walk to the fashion design room.