This cant be happening

Clary' POV

I screamed not sure I would ever see this again after valentine killed Jace for the first time. I heard running and soon Isabelle, Alec, mom, Luke, and Maryse came running down the stairs. Everyone was in total shock to see Jace lying dead in a pool of his own blood at the entrance of the institute. I was crying so hard and leaning over his body. "What happened to him?" Alec asked me. " I-I don't know. I was wal-walking past and I saw him here lying in a pool of-of his own blood" I said in between gasps because I was crying so hard. Alec looked to where his parabatai mark would be and he could see it fading, which meant that Jace must have recently died.

My mom tried to pull me away. I let her because I am just so lost and broken right now. "If this is Love then I do not want it. Take it from me. Please? Why does it hurt so much" I say crying? "Because it was real Clary. You both were in love. And it hurts when something like this happens. It can break you" my mom says.

Mom and Luke decided to take me home. It was a quiet car ride home. As soon as I got home I ran to my room and jumped on my bed and cried myself to sleep. This is the worst day of my life ever.

As soon as I woke up I was most definitely not feeling better. I just sat in my bed and wanted to cry but had no more tears left in me. My head is hurting from all the crying I have done. The next thing I know my phone is ringing. I look to see who it is, it's Maryse. "Hello?" I said. "Hi clary I know how upset you are and I just want you to know we are all so devastated about what happened. I just wanted you to know we decided that even though he was a good shadowhunter and deserves to be burned and his ashes put in the city of bones we are not going to do that. We have decided we are going to bury him behind the institute." I can't believe Maryse is doing this. "Thank you for letting me know Maryse. It means a lot that you are telling me." Is all I can think to say. "Of course clary. I know how much he means to you and you mean to him. I am doing this because I know you might want to visit him sometimes and I am sure he would love that if he were here. We love you clary." "Thank you, Maryse for everything" after that I hung up and decided to go downstairs and try to get my mind off the things that have recently happened.

I turn on the tv and hope something is on. Unfortunately, nothing is good is on for me to watch. I go to Luke's bookstore to see if he needs me to do anything. I am trying to do anything possible to keep my mind off of Jace. I miss him so much. "Hey, Luke do you need any help around here?" I ask him as soon as I walk inside and see him. "There is a box over in the corner of new deliveries that need putting up on the shelves. Are you sure you are up for doing anything?" He said.  "Yes I am ok for now and just need to do anything to get my mind off things for right now," I tell him. I go over to the box and start unloading it and put the books on the shelves. "Where's mom?" I asked him as soon as I was done. "She had to go to the grocery store, but she should be back soon." I can't believe my mom left me after everything has happened today.  "Oh ok" is all I say. I go over to our apartment and sit down on the couch.

I can't stop replaying everything that happened today in my head. The next thing I know I hear is a knock on the front door. I know it can't be mom because she has a key and would just walk straight in. I walk to the door and open it to be attacked with a huge hug from Simon. "I'm so sorry clary. Isabelle just texted me and told me what happened. She said you would be here." It feels so good to have Simon here, my best friend that has always been there for me and I have always been there for him. "Thanks, Simon. I am so happy you are here." I hold Simon in a tight embrace.

For dinner mom makes pasta. And Simon insists on spending the night just to make sure I am ok for right now. He sleeps in the guest room right next to mine. Simon makes me laugh all night until I finally fall asleep then he moves into his room. I can tell he is trying to keep my mind off of Jace too.

Hey guys. It gets better I promise. The first couple of chapters are sad but they get better I promise. It just takes her some time to recover so hang with me, please.