Queen for a day

This chapter is dedicated to whatever-life-sucks . Happy thanksgiving guys!!

July 15th

Clary POV

"Good morning love" jace says. I open my eyes and look at him. "Good morning" I say. I get out of the bed and go change into a dress. I know I need to get up then I can go back to sleep when I get to the manor house.

We are holding the Queen for the day drawing after lunch. I get dressed in a pretty long burgundy dress. I had it brought to us last night before bed. Jace changes too and we go down to breakfast.

"Okay, explain how this is going again" Jonathan asks once we are all sat at the breakfast table

"Okay, explain how this is going again" Jonathan asks once we are all sat at the breakfast table. "After breakfast the two of us will go to the throne room. Someone will bring us a big bowl. A bunch of women and young girls have entered in the Queen for a day contest. We haven't seen the entries we just know there is a bunch of them. Jace will draw a name from the bowl and whoever he picks will come in the castle. I will get her fitted in a dress. She gets to wear my crown and get treated like a queen for the day. I will leave and go to the manor house and stay there for the day. The girl stays here for the day and gets treated like a queen and spends a whole 24 hours with jace. Tomorrow I will come back before or after lunch" I explain. "Okay, what am I going to do" Jonathan asks. "That's up to you. You can come with me or stay here. But Alice, I know it's gonna be hard, but you might want to sleep in your room tonight. Just for tonight so whoever gets picked doesn't get mad or anything, after she leaves you can go back to sleeping with Jonathan" I say. She sighs and says. "Okay".

"After we all finish eating I need you to send Bridget to the dress room" I say. "Okay" Alice says. I had all my dresses moved to their own room to make room in the closet.

We all finish eating. We head to the throne room. Someone brings us our crowns. It's my original one. Someone brings us a big bowl. There are about a 200 different entries. The entries are all on folded up pieces of paper in the bowl. All the girls who entered are all in a room.

Jace reaches into the bowl. He pulls out a piece of paper and unfolds it. "Gwen Singer" he says. A minute later a girl comes out. She smiles at us. She has grey skin and blue eyes. Her eyes flash blue lightning.

"You are pretty" jace says looking interested in this girl. He knows his boundaries though. We went over it. He is allowed to kiss her if he wants just not any further than that.

"Come on, there is something waiting for you" I say. She follows me out of the throne room. I lead her down to my room with all my dresses. Some have been made for me, some bought, and some given.

When we get down here she looks around her. I look through the different dresses trying to find one that would look good and fit her. "Are these all yours? I've never seen so many dresses in my life" she asks. "Yeah, they are all mine" I say. I grab a couple of dresses. "Here, try these on, let me see them once you have one on" I say. "Oh but I couldn't" she says. "You can. You are the queen today. Go, try them on" I say. She takes the dresses and goes behind the curtain to put them on. She shows me the first one. "Mm no, it doesn't exactly go well with your skin color" I say. She goes back and tries on the next one.