A wedding problem

4 days later

The rest of the beach trip has pretty much been the same as the second day we got here. I am currently sitting down at the beach with Jace. I can't wait to be his forever and only his. And for him to be mine forever and ever. Izzy, Simon, Alec, and Magnus are staying in the room or doing something. I just don't care enough to ask what.

"Hey clare" I hear him say. I look over at him. "I was thinking. Instead of giving you a normal ring at the wedding, what if I give you the family ring instead? You don't have to wear it always just for the wedding." "Yeah that's fine. I just can't wait to be yours. Mom and Tessa are looking for somewhere to have it" I say.

Just then my phone rings. "Speaking of mom" I say and answer it. "Hey clary are you busy?" "No I'm just sitting down at the beach. What's up?" "I'm sorry Clary. Every place is full me and Tessa have both checked. We could always do it at the farmhouse like we had mine." "Yeah hold on just a second" I say and put the phone down. "Hey uh... is it ok to have it at the farmhouse? Mom said everywhere is full in September. Her and Tessa have both checked." "Yeah I don't care" he says. I pick the phone back up. "Hey sorry. Yeah it's fine with both of us. We don't really care where it is." She sighs and says "oh good. I will go ahead and order flowers and everything. It will be coming up fast and soon. You sure you want it in September?" "Yeah I'm sure. I still want to be warm when we have it. It starts getting super cold after September and doesn't usually get warm again till may." "Alright clary. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Come see us Saturday to pick this dog up too. She's driving me crazy but luke likes her" she says. I laugh and say "I will bye mom" and hang up.

"It's now at the farmhouse and in September. You better be ready" I say. He smirks and says "oh I am". I put the chair down and lie on my stomach to try and tan some. I look up a while later and the same group of boys as the first day come up. "Hey hot stuff" one of the tall brunettes says. I roll my eyes and say "what do you want now." There was clearly annoyance in my voice. I look over at Jace. He is just sitting there watching this. I know he would step in if I needed him. "Just to see what you were doing tonight" the dirty blond says. "Probably finishing my last thing for work" I say "now go away." I sigh and lay my head back down on my arms. "I don't see your precious Jace with you to protect you now. Why don't you come over to the hotel condo with the 4 of us? We could have fun with little ol' you" I look up now. "Yes you idiots do see him your just not using your eyes. And no I'm not going to come with you. Why would I ever do that? You guys are not even my type" I say. Jace chuckles. The boys are not ugly but they are still not my type. Besides I'm with the love of my life anyways and I'm getting married in a few months. They look over to jace. "You've got to be kidding me. You mean you are dating him? Why? He's so not your type either. We are more suitable for a beautiful thing like you" one of them says. "No your not. I'm happy with him. Now leave and go away" I say firmly. "No I don't think we will" one of them says. "Yes you will now turn your little stupid butts around and leave." They cross their arms over their chest and say "no" in unison. "She said leave. Now leave! And if I ever hear about any of you touching her like you did on the elevator, I will find you and I will kill you" Jace says sounding annoyed and protective. One of them narrows his eyes and says "fine" and they all turn and walk away.

I turn to jace and say "thanks." "Anytime" he says. I give up on trying to tan and I sit up next to him. "What were we talking about before those idiots showed up?" I ask. "The family ring" he says. "Oh yeah. ...I like the idea of the family ring. I know normal shadowhunters give he family ring for engagement but we are definitely not like normal shadowhunters"I say. "No we most definitely are not" he says and we both laugh. We sit here for a while and talk about some of the most random things we could possibly think of.

"Hey you want to head up and get ready for dinner? I wasn't planning on us going somewhere nice. Maybe wolf bay lodge." "Yeah sure. I'm getting kind of hungry" he says. I giggle and say "your always hungry." He nods and says "true." I pack up the beach bag and the towels and we head up hand in hand. All girls who pass us again look at him. They also look jealous as well as like they want him and want to be us.

When we get to the room we let the others know they can just wear what they are wearing already to dinner. I pull Izzy to the balcony and say "so I talked to mom. She said every place they checked for the wedding is booked. It's now just going to be at the farmhouse like moms was." "Okay. That works too I guess. Hey uhh.. we need more food." "How do we need more food" I ask. I mean we have only been here for 4 days. She shrugs and says "I don't know but we just do." I sigh and say "I will get up early and get donuts from that place across the street. After I bring them back here, I will leave and get more food." She nods her head and we look out the balcony at the beach.