A day at the beach

I hear my phone ring. I pick it up and see it's 8:30 am. I look over. Jace is fast asleep. I push up on my elbows and answer. "Hello?" "Hey clary" I hear I say "are you busy?" "Just sleeping. Hold on I will go on the balcony" I say. I slide off the bed.

I walk into the living room and open the deck doors. "What's up Tessa" I say. "Sorry, did I wake you up?" "Yeah but it's fine. I don't think you woke jace up." "Wait you're sleeping in the same room? Bed and everything?" "Uh" is all I say. "Please don't tell mom. She hates it when we do it. I promise we don't do anything it just makes me feel better and safer when he's with me" I say. "I understand. I won't tell her. Don't tell Jem this but it was kind of the same way for me too when I slept with both Will and Jem." "Wait you slept with both of them? Was this before or after you were married?" "Hold on I have to go outside."

It goes quiet for a minute. "Okay. So hah um... yes I did. It was before I was married to either one of them." "By the angel Tessa! Who was first?" She sighed "it was Jem. Before he asked me to marry him. Will was the second. Oh god now that I think about it the three of us had the weirdest relationship and problems. Please don't tell Jem" she says. I laugh. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone as long as you don't tell mom. Herondales must have a thing for girls like us."

"They must. The reason I called you is about the cake" she says. "Ooh this topic I like. What about the cake?" "How many do you want?" "Hm... I don't know. I love cake though. Maybe at least 4 so there's choices to choose from." "Okay. What flavor do you want the bride cake to be? What flavor do you want jaces cake to be?" "I don't know about Jaces you will have to ask him but I want mine to be lemon with raspberry buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream for the frosting." "That's quite the cake. Do you know what you want it to look like or do we need to go pick one out?" "I have a whole wedding board on Pinterest I will just pick out a cake from there and text it to you." "Okay that sounds good." "Thanks for helping Tessa" I say. "Of course! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. When you get a chance can you get Jace to call me so I can find out about his cake?" "Yeah sure. Thanks Tessa. See you later" I say and hang up.

My stomach growls. I walk back inside. It is quiet so everyone is still asleep. I open a bunch of cabinets and find a waffle maker. I take it out and plug it in to the wall. I will make waffles for breakfast. I get out the mix from the pantry. I pour it into the bowl and  get some eggs out of the fridge. I crack them and put them in the bowl. I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist. "Good morning jace" I say. "How did you know it was me" he asks. "Who else would it be. I'm making waffles." "I love waffles" he says with a smile on his face. "I know" I say. I get a spoon out of the drawer and start mixing the eggs and waffle mix. I pour the mix in the waffle maker and close the top. "You want to go down to the beach after breakfast" jace asks. "Yeah. Sounds good. How many waffles do you want?" "Four for right now" he says. I nod. Once the first batch comes out I open the lid and take them off. I put four of them on a plate and pass it to jace. I add more to the waffle maker and close the lid.

I leave the kitchen and knock on Isabelle's door and say "I made waffles come get breakfast." I go to Alec and Magnus' and say the same thing. I go into the kitchen and take all of the waffles out and stack them on a plate. I hear lots of feet come walking in the kitchen. I turn around. They all have bedheads except jace who seems is unable to get a bedhead. I take a bite of a waffle and smile. "Why in the Angels name have you woken us up" Alec asks sounding ticked. "Because it is 10:30 and you 4 need to get up. Now sit your lazy butts down at the table or the bar stools and eat your waffles"I command. "Yes mom" Simon says. They each grab a plate and stack waffles on it. They sit down to eat the waffles on the barstool next to jace. "Good. Well, I'm going down to the beach. When you five languid people get the energy to come down come on" I tell them. "Someone's using our big words today" Isabelle says sassy. "What does that mean" Magnus asks. "Look it up" I say and leave the kitchen area.

I go into my bedroom and look through my suitcase for swimsuits. I put on the first one I see.