Chapter 57

The snow before them thickened and the road became harder and harder to walk on. Both of them rode their swords flying low in the air. The cliff's edge was frozen with ice caverns and caves of every size on it.

Bai Zi Hua easily dispelled every magic formation and trap that they met. However, they had yet to see a single demon. He had a small premonition, yet he could not articulate what it was.

He lowered his head and told Hua Qian Gu: " Be careful, they know we are here." A fearsome battle was inevitable. Nonetheless, Hua Qian Gu's cultivation was no longer weak. Moreover, with him around, this was a good chance for training. He was not the least vexed.

"There it is." Bai ZI Hua closed his eyes and focused. He could feel the life force of every living thing within a 100 mile radius.

Both of them flew down the ice mountain, following the icy wall. Mid wall, there was a ice cavern. Hua Qian Gu kept her sword and walked in two steps. Suddenly, she felt the ground disappear beneath her feet and a huge pit appeared beneath her. Within the pit, a blazing flame burned. She let out a scream. Her body could not float up and instead fell straight into the fire, the games swallowing her in that instance.

"Xiao Gu!"

Bao Zi Hua gave a loud shout. He saw her fall to the ground, curled into a ball, struggling. She looked like she was in immense pain.

On hearing Bai Zi Hua's voice, Hua Qian Gu's brain suddenly cleared. When she looked again, she was sitting on the ice, as if nothing had happened.

"What happened? Where is the hole? Where is the fire?" Hua Qian Gu felt the icy surface around her.
Bai Zi Hua immediately understood and helped her up.

"It looks like the one who came this time is Lan Yu Lan Feng. She is well versed in the art of illusions and mind control. She specialises in creating illusions to numb and harm her opponents. Even if it is false, if your brain believes it, you body will also be harmed. You must always remember, what your eyes see may not be real. You must remove all other thoughts and guard your heart well. You must not give her a chance to strike."

"There is actually something like that!" Hua Qian Gu thought to herself that it was a good thing that Lan Yu Lang Feng was not there on Tai Bao Mountain. If not Hua Qian Gu could not have lasted so long if Lan Yu Lan Feng had morphed into anybody's likeness or tried to take control of her mind.

She struggled to move forward a few steps. She felt her whole body aching from the fall and the burning heart from the fire. yet, she could not see any wounds. She rubbed her temple and kept telling herself it was false, it was a misconception.

After a long while, the pain and burning feeling finally faded. As she prepared to enter the whole, women dressed in white suddenly floated in the air around her. Their sleeves danced in the wind. There were over a hundred of them. Everyone of them were as pale as corpses and looked out of place among the wind and slow.

Hua Qian Gu stepped back two steps and rubbed her eyes hard: "This...... This are false too, right?"

"This- – are real."

Before Bai Zi Hua's words finished, he had already drawn his sword.

The women in white ferociously pounced on him, one after another. Bai Zi Hua's Heng Shuan Sword suddenly flashed with a brilliant light and in that instance, all the women around them turned to ashes.
Bai Zi Hua lowered his head and looked around: Crap, where did Xiao Gu go?

"Shi Fu!" Hua Qian Gu was so scared that she almost lost her soul. She suddenly saw a red robed person appear behind her teacher. It was Sha Qian Mo!