Chapter 65

This is one of the only few chapters in the entire book that is really about Shuo Feng. It is very beautifully written and it shows the friendship between him and Qian Gu. It is also one of the last few times Qian Gu gets to enjoy herself as a child in this entire book, which makes it all the more precious. I really enjoyed this magical chapter which gets a bit kinky at the end 😄 Enjoy!

Shuo Feng floated in mid air, the tips of his feet stepping on a transparent flower lantern. His hair which had been let down causally flew in the night sky, slightly messy. A black cloth covered his face, revealing only too enigmatic eyes.

He silently looked down at Hua Qian Gu from high. He was not good at speaking and what he said usually wasn't nice. Hence, over these years, he had long gotten used to looking at her silently. Even when everyone was drinking together he would sit quietly in a corner, not too near and not too far. That was enough.

However, when she returned to Chang Liu this time, she seemed slightly different from previously, she always avoided everyone and often spaced out as though something was constantly weighing on her mind.

He did not understand. There were too many things in this world that he did not understand. hence, he always tried his best to observe. In the past, he felt that Hua Qian G was like a crystal, so simple that he could see through her with one glance. However, this crystal was now covered by a thin fog of depression, making it difficult for him to see anything.

"Tang Bao, you want to play with me? Let's go to the bottom of the see to watch a performance?" Luo Shi Yi smiled innocently.

"Ah...." Tang Bao turned back to looked at the pale Hua Qian Gu. It wanted to accompany Gu Tou more. She must be tired out after all these days.

Hua Qian Gu wanted to say something but swallowed it back before smiling and waving to Tang Bao: "Go. Have fun. I am a bit tired, I will go back first. "

As she watched Luo Shi Yi's departing figure, Hua Qia Gu knitted her eyebrows together slightly. Even though he was refined and gentle, Luo Shi Yi was like a well polished jade, steady and smooth. It was different from the slight unyielding proudness of Yun Ying, Dong Fang's slyness or Sheng Xiao Mo's laziness. He was always very careful to hide his abilities and personality. She did not know whether he was afraid of hurting himself or he just wanted to protect himself. Other than being completely different in front of Tang Bao, in front of everyone else he was matured and introverted. He was someone to be relied on and everything he did was always so perfect that one could not nitpick. Even Shi Zun trusted him to handle all the matters on Chang Liu Mountain. For Ni Man Tian to like such a man, it was something very natural. Yet Hua Qian Gu felt slightly sad.

Qing Shui dragged her around and kept asking questions about Xuan Yuan Lang. Hua Qian Gu could not answer many owing to the short time spent with him. She envied how Qing Shui could smile so happily when talking about him, unlike herself who had to bury all her feelings.

Finally, she took her leave as the happy laughter around her was making her dizzy. She flew to the sea outside Chang Liu Mountain. She felt her chest ache and her body weak. The lost of blood had drained her internal energy. The heartache she felt whenever Shi Fu dranked her blood solidified her determination to gather the instruments.

The giant round moon was reflected on the surface of the sea. It looked as though she was standing in the middle of the moon's shadow, bathing in the moonlight.

Suddenly, a flower lantern floated down like a leaf. Hua Qian Gu reached out to catch it, and saw Shuo Feng. She felt a bit embarrassed that she had accidentally revealed her grief and weakness to him and quickly asked: "Why are you here? Didn't you go out to play with the rest? Qing Shui said a new disciple confessed to you. Chang Liu Mountain rarely has such a festival, why don't you accompany her?"