XIX. NOOBMASTER69

Start from the beginning

Tony looked back towards his study and the hologram model still there. He sighed deeply and gave Pepper a sad smile.

____________________

The next morning, Tony woke up early and packed everything he would need to go to the Compound.

"Whatcha doin'?" Tony heard the sweet voice of Morgan ask.

He turned around and saw her still in her pajamas, her hair in a knotted mess.

He walked up to her and kneeled down, patting her hair down, "I'm heading to Upstate," he said, knowing she knew what that meant.

"For what?" She asked sweetly.

"Some work," he said, giving her a light smile.

"Superhero work?" She asked grinning.

"Yeah, superhero work," Tony laughed.

"Then you're gonna need this," Morgan smiled before running behind him and pulling out a brand new Captain America shield.

She picked it up as best she could and started walking to Tony and he met her halfway. He picked it up and looked at the shield, a smile came to his face.

"Thank you," he smiled at Morgan and squatted down to pull her in for a hug.

Once he was packed, he said goodbye to his girls and left for the Compound.

It would have taken Tony about an hour to get to the compound, but since he's a billionaire who doesn't care, he sped over there making it in thirty minutes.

He turned into the front where he saw someone standing and pulled up beside them, but stopped too late and passed by the person— it was Steve.

There was a pause, then Tony put the car in reverse and slowly backed up. Once he saw Steve, he rolled the window down,

"Why the long face?" He asked after another pause. "Let me guess: He turned into a baby."

"Among other things, yeah. What are you doing here?" Steve asked shaking his head.

"That's the EPR Paradox," Tony says as he opens the door, ignoring Steve's question. "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you might've wound up pushing time through Lang. It's tricky. Dangerous. Somebody should've cautioned you against it."

Steve smirked, "You did,"

"Oh, did I?" Tony asked sarcastically. "Thank God I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it."

He holds up his right hand, with a device on it, "A fully functioning Time-Space GPS," he pauses and lets Steve take it in and he ends up smiling.

"I just want peace," Tony makes a peace sign with his fingers and closes the door. "Turns out, resentment is corrosive, and I hate it."

"Me too," Steve nods.

"We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities: Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I got? I have to, at all costs. And... maybe not die trying will be nice," Tony explained, leaning against the car.

"Sounds like a deal," Steve agrees and reaches out his hand to shake in the deal, Tony taking it.

The two don't speak for a second, and Tony remembers what he brought. He walks back to the trunk and opens it, Steve following. He lifted up the shield and flipped the blankets and toys of Morgan's off, showing him.

Steve sighs deeply, hanging his head low, "Tony..."

"Why? He made it for you," Tony said referring to his dad— Howard Stark. "Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding."