Honeymoon Chapter 37

Start from the beginning

"I know," Lis pauses, "do you wanna talk about it?"

The teen bites her lip, "No." She states, she's thought about it all enough the past few days.

"Fine, I'll see you in 15, we're having a movie day." Lis says, hanging up the phone when Belle goes to argue.

Looking down at her old clothes she sighs, "Great now I have to get dressed."

***
Belle grunted, rolling her shoulders as she looks at herself in the bathroom mirror, the sport bra she had on revealed her back, the lashes healed nicely, there wasnt anymore pain when she twisted, maybe stiffness every now and then. Finally a knock sounds, jumping she moves quickly over, to the door, yanking it open to see Lis. They smiled, a bag in one hand, a blush rose to their cheeks at they noticed Belle.

"Oh, I'm, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were changing." Belle only smiled shaking her head.

"I'm not, I was just doing a weekly check on everything," she shrugs. "my room or the living room?" Turning around she leads the way through her house.

Lis stepped in, immediately taking off their shoes as they walk through, following Belle as she travelled back, "Uh, I kinda wanna see your room." They comment, watching the dip of the girls shoulders as she walks. Her back almost rippled, scars that Lis only recognized from history books imprinted in waves across Belle's skin. Now that they looked closer, her skin was mottled in different pink tones and divets. Honestly it was kind of beautiful, like a tortoiseshell cat.

"Alright c'mon," Belle opened the door, beckoning the other teen in.

And wow was Lis floored, nothing, nothing was like they'd imagined. When Belle showed up that one day, all old scars, musky leather and those mindblowing forest green eyes, Lis would think that she'd be all black and rock but this?

The room was warm, farie lights covering the walls, large fluffy white carpets, succulents hanging from the ceiling in golden wire baskets and clear containers, and the books! All scattered around in piles, and desk tops.

Holy shit, Belle was... wow, she was wow.

"So," Belle shrugged, plopping down on her bed, "what do you think?"

They snorted, "I didn't ever imagine that this would be your room."

And damn, that wasn't what they should have said because Belle deflated, just a fraction, an almost embarrassed look consuming her face. Then they understood, Lis was an outsider, an invader who Belle allowed in her space and she just made fun of it, or seemingly did.

"No!" They rushed sitting beside Belle, "I totally didn't mean it like that, it's just unexpected, you're unexpected, it's... it's nice."Belle smiled, swinging herself back on the bed, Lis falling after her and smiled, before squinting at the ceiling, "is that... a scientifically accurate display of the night sky made out of glow in the dark stars?"

Belle laughed, "Hell yeah! Cool right?"

"Spencer?" Lis asked, a teasing tilt to their tone as they looked at the girl beside them, eyes soft with wonder, "yeah totally a him thing." And so, there they sat, basking in the sun filtering through the opaque curtains that had been drawn to the side. "Belle?"

The girl hummed, eyes closed in relaxation, "are you okay?"

She sighs, opening her eyes, "No, I don't think so... Derek and I haven't spoken since that night... and Lis, I really want to forgive him." She rolls to her side, so they can be eye level, "But I don't know if I can."

Lis nodded, "that's okay, you don't have to forgive him, be angry, that's alright."

"Everyone leaves me, Lis," Belle let's the tension, the damn holding back everything fall, "why do they leave me?" Belle absentmindedly caressed her tattoo, trailing the enochian sigils.