Till Death do us part Chapter 36

Start from the beginning

Belle's heart picked up speed, the only thing stopping her from stabbing this bitch back to hell was Lucifer's fucking hand. As if sensing her anger and unease the angel sighs, "Leave them alone."

Meg blinks, gaping in surprise, the elastic pressure of fear that entangled Belle's chest relaxed a bit as she stuttered, trying to find her words, "I-I'm sorry, but are you sure? Shouldn't we-"

"Trust me child," He says, taking a few steps toward her, his hand falling from the huntress' arm to stroke Meg's face, "Everything happens for a reason." He amends, Meg smiling in response to his attention.

As they interact Belle catches Cas' eye, nodding up to a pipe bolted to the wall, his gaze follows it, flicking away when Lucifer turned toward him. "Well, Castiel, you have some time. Time to change your mind?"

***

Belle chocked on the guilt that sprung in her chest as she watched Lucifer move toward the men stood in the field, the breeze shifting the stands of her dress as the devil filled a hole with bodies. A tear slipped down her cooled cheek, the huntress shivering ever so slightly. When Lucifer had noticed the tremble his lips twisted into that damn smile, circling her, "Better get used to the chill Mea, I run cold." His slimy voice stated, the words dirtying her skin as he pressed a kiss to her neck and returned to his ritual. The fire flickering around her, whips of flame almost lighting her ablaze.

"Hey!" A voice screamed getting both of their attention, it was Uncle Sammy! Belle laughed in relief, as she saw him, even if the fear froze her to the ground. He cocked his shotgun eyes flashing to his niece before staring the devil in his eyes and taking aim. "You wanted to see me?" Sam yelled.

Lucifer dropped the shovel, whipping his hands as he took in Sam, "Oh, Sam, you don't need that gun here. You know I'd never hurt you. Not really."

Watching on, Belle feels a shift to her side. Dean held the colt right to Lucifer's head, point blank, "Yeah?" He asks, "Well I'd hurt you." He cocks it, "So, suck it."

Dean fires and Belle let's out a cry of relief as he goes down, Dean taking a step to catch her as her legs wobble, tears falling down her cheeks. The men watch his corpse, the entire world seemed to quiet for a moment, an unnatural stillness consuming the world.

And then, like a plane crash, everything, every worry, every fear, comes falling down, as Lucifer gasps, his body jerking back to life. "Owwww," He wines, climbing back to his feet, "Where did you get that?" He asks, like a concerned father whose child got into something dangerous. His forehead was bruised, cut and bleeding. The scorch marks of the gunpowder residue still present. With unveiled fury he yanks Belle from her father's arms, hugging her to his side as he punches Dean across the clearing, his back thudding as it connected with the tree.

Belle screams his name as he goes. Struggling to remove the iron tight grip that the devil had on her waist. "Now," he states, ignoring the horror radiating off the remaining Winchesters. "Where were we?" He asks Sam, smiling. "Don't feel too bad, Sam." He shrugs, not acknowledging the teen attached to his side. "There's only five things in all of creation that that gun can't kill, and I just happen to be one of them." He releases Belle pointing at Sam, "But if you give me a minute, I'm almost done."

As Sam makes his way to her father, nodding when he finds a pulse, Lucifer begins to shovel the soil, "You know, I don't suppose you'd just say yes here and now?" He asks, acting as if it's not that big of a deal. "I know the whole, niece thing is off putting but I mean?" He shrugs putting his weight on the shovel, sparing the huntress a glance from where she sat on her knees, a foot or two away from him. Sam stands definently as Lucifer continues, his face drawn in a pouty expression, "C' mon let's end this whole tiresome discussion?" He scrunches his face turning toward Belle, "That's crazy, right?"