Ba Sing Se Princess (ZUKO!)

Start from the beginning

Oh how wonderful it is.

"This is amazing! A perfect temperature as well!" Complimenting his masterpiece.

~~~~~
Zuko's POV

How does she remember me? She never saw me with my scar when we were friends!

I mean... there's wanted pictures of me! Oh I'm an idiot! Most likely giving away our identities.

My Uncle walks back with a proud smile. "Always been such a lovely girl. Going to make a fine Queen some day, she is. Don't you think, my nephew?" Patting my shoulder, getting a weird look from me.

"She knows who I am, Uncle." He nods, already knowing. "I know, I invited her for dinner tonight. Go back out there." He pushes me back out to take orders.

I glance at {Y/N} multiple times. It's weird seeing her again. Never thought I would to be honest.

She's beautiful.

~~~~~
(Time skip)

"Zuko! Your hair is out of place!" Uncle gets a comb and combs down my hair. I look like a school boy. Ew...

"Uncle, enough." Pushing his hand away, a knock at our door gets his attention, immediately opening it to see the Princess.

"Oh you look lovely {Y/N}!" He welcomes her, seating her at our table. "So do you men! Thank you for inviting me for dinner. It's not often I can go out of the Palace." Looking down at her lap sheepishly.

Trade me?

"It's good to see you again, Zuko." She reaches out to my hand after My Uncle walks out of the room. "You... you too." Why am I stuttering?

She's just some girl...

"It's weird seeing you without a ponytail." She looks at me but for some reason I can't do the same to her.

Physically can't do it.

"Weird to see you dressed fancy." I remark causing her to chuckle, taking a deep breath, she's thinking about something... I remember that nervous chuckle.

"I missed you." Her voice was shaken, worried about something.

"I missed you too." Was she thinking I wasn't going to say it back?

"You know... I used to like you." She laughs to herself, my eyes widen. That was out of nowhere. "Sorry if that was weird~" "it wasn't."

I take a deep breath, smiling to myself. "I liked you too."

"Really?" She perks up causing me to blush. She's adorable.

"Maybe I still do." I mumble not even noticing I said it out loud. "Back with the food!" Uncle comes in with trays of food, not letting {Y/N} ask something.

"You guys catch up?" He asks, placing the food down before sitting in between us. "Mhm." We both hum, not looking up from our plates.

We get our food and start eating. It was quiet, uncomfortably quiet.

Only peeking at each other every now and then. Every time we made eye contact our cheeks would flush.

Not even seeing that Uncle was smirking at us the whole time.

After eating my Uncle goes off to bed, leaving me to walk {Y/N} home. "Tonight was great." She speaks up after clearing her throat, looking down at the ground.

"Yeah... it was." Smiling down at her even though she can't see it. "I heard what you said earlier and I like you too... still. Well I think." She finally looks up to me, her face was flushed.

"R-really?" We stop in front of the palace gates.  "Yeah, would you Prince Zuko like to go on a date with me?"

"Hm... let me think about it." I mess with her causing her to hit my shoulder playfully. "Jerk." Kissing my cheek. "I would love to go on a date with you." Pulling her into a huge a hug.

"See you tomorrow night then? I'll show you the best places around here...... Lee." She winks, lightly touching my cheek before walking into the gates hearing her father.

"Where have you been!?"  He asks loudly. You roll your eyes. "With a friend!"

Zuko smiles, walking down the street by himself. Only with the thoughts of your face in his head