To have and to hold Chapter 34

Start from the beginning

He fucked up.

The exhaustion from the case, the thoughts of his and Hotchs' encounter that one morning swirling in his head. It all built.

He couldn't believe he'd let the man get to him.

Before he could move to go bring her back, grab her, hug her and apologize, a skittish attendant walked in. "Mr. Morgan? The principal will see you now." Her eyes scan the room, obviously noticing the absence of Belle but not commenting on it as she guides him into an office. Looking around on his way, he saw a tall jock type male, his nose broken and cheekbone bruised. He definently didn't look as bad as Belle did but he could tell that this was the kid Belle had hit.

Walking into the room, the air was stiff and uncomfortable, the two parents, look at him disgusted and he sat, their faces red and indignant. "Hello, Mr. Morgan, I'd like to say it's good to see you but... under these circumstances..." the man trails, face sullen.

"So you're that little delinquents father? Pah, makes sense," the father snapped, "knew it was your kind creating problems."

Derek reeled, "my kind?" He starts, voice cold.

The principal cut in quickly, "Now, Mr. Wescott, I understand your frustrations but there is no need for you to throw that type of language around."

The man scoffed, so Derek cut in, "look, can we now talk about what's happening?"

He nods, "that sounds like a good idea. Now, Ms. Morgan did throw the first punch as I told you on the phone but one of Belle's friends came forward with the details before the first hit. It seems that Mr. Wescott admitted to asking his friend Maya, who has confirmed, to take a photo of Belle while she was dressing and send it to him." The fire that Derek had been fighting down this entire transaction burst through, while protest erupted from the parents, the agent just got pissed.

"That's a federal crime." Derek says quietly, the parents balking at the words crime.

The father scoffed, "oh come on, how do we know she didn't do it herself and then blamed it on my son!"

"She wouldn't do that." Derek snapped.

Mrs. Wescott smirked, "I wouldn't put it past you guys, obviously you know we're well in money, and were looking for a reason to sue." She snapped snootily. "We know your daughter is in a minorital spot-"

"My daughter is adopted." Derek said lowly, "so she is, in fact, not a minority." He then smiled, "and I myself don't need the money, seeing as I am a Federal Agent." He slams his badge on the desk, watching the colour drain out of their faces. "And if I wanted to press charges, I'm sure my lawyers would be able to chalk Belle hitting your son up to self defense. And going by her injuries we could add assault to his."

"Now," the father begins, "wait just a minute."

The principal coughs, interrupting the two, "Mr. Morgan, Mr. Wescott, I believe we could do this internally, we do have a zero tolerance policy for violence so they will both be suspended for the mandatory seven days, then, because his actions weren't so severe, Jaxson will face a few weeks of detention after school."

The fire built in Derek's gut, "Not so severe? He got intimate pictures of my daughter taken and then posted and sent them!"

"I understand your anger, Mr. Morgan," the man says a fake tone of sincerity consuming him, "but do you really think we need to make a big deal out of this, Mr. Wescott is an exceptional football player and he does have a scholarship that he could loose. Do we really need to ruin his life?"

That was it, Derek stood, "Oh, yes, I do, so my lawyers will be in touch with you three," he says coolly, turning to leave when the principal stops him.