Fights Chapter 33

Beginne am Anfang

Lis walked over to Belle leaning on her bike, eyebrow raised, "I didn't get my good morning text, I didn't expect to see you today."

Belle sighed, picking at her nails, "Yeah- I'm, I'm sorry." She frowned as Lis shook their head.

"No, no," they rushed, locking their car with a beep, "I was picking on you!" They watched her carefully, shuffling their hair, "I uhm, are you okay? You usually tease me back..."

The huntress glances at her friend, pulling her jacket tighter around her body and shrugging, "m'fine."

The cotton candy haired teen watches her carefully, nodding once, before pulling her in to the side of their body, linking their arms. "Let's go kochanie, we have school."

And for the first time that day, the heat enveloping her chest cooled slightly, and Belle just held them that much closer as they headed into the building.

***

Belle whines as Lis laughed at her, they'd just left Pre-Calc so now she was moaning about not understanding math. "It's dumb, okay, numbers are numbers. I don't think letters belong!"

Her counterpart snorted, "Yeah, yeah, c'mon loser, let's go get food, Derek's still out of town right?"

She hums, nodding, "yeah, he should be back today though, he uh, they made the arrest last night."

"Ah, so they caught the serial killer?" Lis asked, as they stood in the lunch line. Other students talking loudly, "that's good, did anyone get hurt?"

Belle shook her head, "Spencer hit his shoulder on a locker I think, messed it up a little but other than that, they're all good."Once they hit the end of the line Belle smiled at one of the lunch lady's, "Heya Maria, you're looking great today." She winks as said woman giggles.

"Ooo, you're such a cutie, whatcha want today Baby? We got parfaits in."

The teen perked her brow, "Not those frozen strawberries?"

Maria leans over the counter, "for you? I made one special, used the fresh ones."

Belle laughed, "all right, you got yourself a deal."

When she and Lis got their food and made their way to the table and settled they glared at the meal infront of Belle. "That's unfair, why do people just like you?"

She shrugged, scooping a spoonful of yogurt and granola, opening it into her mouth. "I guess I'm just that loveable."

Lis nods, "that does add up. Are you ready for shop? You're working on that car right?"

The teen takes another scoop, "yeah, I think I'm replacing a good chunk of the engine today." She surveys the room, watching a group of teens laugh together at a table, "what about you? You're submitting a piece for that art show thing, right?"

They blush, "uh, yeah, I didn't think you'd remember."

Belle furrows her brows, picking up her apple and twirling it around her fingers, "Yeah, it's the 4th right? I've had it marked on my calendar since you told me."

"I... really?" Lis asks, her face agape, "that's... really?"

The huntress suddenly feels extremely small, disappointment consuming her, "unless you don't want me to come? I didn't mean to overstep."

Lis rushed, "no! I want... I uh, I'd really like it... if you came."

They shared a soft smile as the bell chimed, each heading on their own. Belle made her way to the shop class, waving at Jimmi. Her and the man had gotten relatively close, he was always supportive of her and told Jax off when he harrassed the teen. Making her way to her project she smiled, a good part of the frame was rebuilt, the axels fixed up, brake lines replaced and more. The only big thing was the engine.